2013 Apr 16 - Tom Papa - Rob Zombie





Today on O&A: Check back for updated pics videos and summary. R/F at 3pm EST 


Today's show starts on the Boston Marathon bombings Obama, and Menino’s comment on the situation. 

After the break they get into a phoner from Buck Sexton. Alex Jones and his craziness. Denny joins in studio to ramp up some music and adds some discussion on the bombings.

Tom Papa in studio. ugh.

Rob Zombie in studio to discuss his music and movie career, haircuts and social media.

Sam hosts the Shit Show with Whoo Kid and other weirdos. 



Opie's completed sudoku, and Tom Papa.
















This video didn't get discussed, but I wanted to share it. Its incredible. (volume warning) 

Scortch got a short mention today, here's an action shot from the crowd by an audience member.  




66 comments:

  1. WHAT THE FUCK? Why papa again? The guy is horrible on the show. Get more Dan Soder or Joe Derosa or Bobby Kelly....No more papa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, that's the second papa appearance in less than two weeks? Just get Vos or Bobby back on again soon! I miss Rich on the show, last time was well over 2 months ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much like this bomb of a comment.

      Delete
  4. I also miss Rich Vos! They need to stop stepping all over him and let him riff. Tom Papa is a very nice guy but his vibe may be better suited for a different show. Mattie Dubbs, sorry to see the tragedy in your town. Fight on brother!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tom Papa? Again? Where's Colin, Bobby, Vos...anyone other than this very agreeable nice guy who laughs at everyones jokes. More scumbags please.

    Also, sincere support and thoughts to the US and especially Boston, from the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boy, Jimmy's energy is extremely low or nonexistent so far in the first hour. Does he do that intentionally? Let's the guys get the conversation stream flowing?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll tell you why Papa again. He's good friends with Rob Zombie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that is right. Very astute Rekreatur! Now, let us try to blame Opie for something that goes wrong with the show today. Everyone here likes that.

      Delete
    2. No, guy-pretending -to-be-Opie, most people here don't hate him. At least I don't. Real listeners of the show know that he's not meant to be the funny guy. He's the boss. And he leads and directs the show. Are Ant and Jim funnier? Fuck yeah. But when he's not there the show lacks structure. Sometimes he's a douche, and his kid talk and company bitching can get annoying. But, in the end, without him there would be no show. Happy now Greggie? ;-)

      Delete
    3. Great point, Nick. I think you should "Give yourself a bell"!

      Delete
    4. Oh Tea-and-crumpets boy please pipe down, actually pipe up. I fully read your comment and you are right. I am not looking to condemn the Opster or get another hateful rant started, but was trying to make a mockery of all the derision that was being spewed yesterday. My attempt at mockery fell flat.

      And yes, Greggie is happy now.

      Delete
    5. @ Nick Wolfe: But I am Rock Quarry!

      Delete
  8. Wow, and I thought I was the only one who didn't like Tom Papa on the show. Glad to know I'm not the only one who gets turned off by his incessant singing of random words. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As far as guys available and close by: Bob Kelly hardly does the show now that he has his own Podcast. I would love Quinn to appear more considering he's like a block away. Vos, also available, would be great as well.

    Tom Papa is definitely a lower spectrum guest. The only guy I really despise though is Kevin Pollack, we know you worked with Jack and Bruce Willis, great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liquid Swords, of the three, who would you select as the "lower spectrum" host?

      Delete
    2. Of what three, Quinn, Vos, and Bobby ? They're all upper tier, I'd rank them in that order.

      Delete
    3. Mr. Swords, I think he is referring to Greg, Tony & Yimmy. I like them all, & whoever said it here is right, there are drawbacks at times, but the show is pretty good with all three.

      Delete
    4. "The only guy I really despise though is Kevin Pollack . . . ."

      How about Ian Halperin? yeuck!

      Delete
    5. He hasn't been on in a few years, and them making fun of him and cracking on his "google it" was pretty fucking funny.

      Delete
    6. Ian's appearances with Jim Jefferies are 2 of my all time favorite shows. I love all of Jim's appearances, but adding Ian Halperin and Bill Burr was a recipe for hilarity.

      Delete
  10. Tom Papa doesnt fit in with the feel of the show, I sorta feel like O&A know he isnt that great on the show, how could they not? He bombs like crazy and its cringe worthy. Colin Quinn is my favorite guest on the show, by far. Bawby hasnt been on in forever. Today he was on because of his friendship with Rob Zombie. Toms nice, just not funny to me at all. Glad Im not the only "h8er"

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH SHIT!! Rob Zombie! Fucking sick!

    Papa haters can go fuck off.

    Thanks DALEX!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok first of all i just wanna say that whoever did this in Boston should be executed with a wooden cooking spoon.My thoughts and prayers to the families of victims.

    And a big thanks to G.A.Y guys for all the uploads.Im from Serbia and i very much appreciate what you guys are doing.Couple of us cocksuckers from this part of the world loves O&A.Ill try to give a small contribution by donating.

    Sorry for my bad English.



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, all the way from Serbia that is very cool. So how many countries chime in regularly? U.S., Canada, England, Serbia, Netherlands and Sweden. Who did I miss?

      Delete
    2. I have been working on a post about this, I should have it up in the next few days.

      Delete
  13. It seems that when the comedy is lacking on the show this forum erupts with their disdain for whatever or whomever is bringing down the show. But that is what this comment forum is for, to allow people to voice their opinions. Very Good!
    Please, more Bree Olson photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the show, really, I do! Or I wouldn't listen to "Five Hours of Horseshit, Again"! But it's human nature to be frustrated at times. You could put George Carlin and Richard Pryor and Socrates in front of a mic three hours a day, 5 days a week and people would be frustrated at bits too, though.

      But likewise, the Carlin, Pryor and Socrates show would be a lot better BEFORE the hosts got on Twitter.

      Delete
    2. HA! "...BEFORE the host got on Twitter." J Wilson bringin' the truth today!

      Delete
  14. Well said Greggory! When the show is a little lackluster, I like reading the comments. And I also agree that there should be a little more Bree Olson. How about that brunette standing with Kenny in that photo from Friday's show? Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow. Dennis is such a prick... A regular SHOCK jock.

    ReplyDelete
  16. ha, where's the scorch studio audience photo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://twitter.com/TellySavalis/status/323477925598994434

      Delete
    2. nice, posted to front page. thanks.

      Delete
  17. Opinions are fine and talking about the show is cool, but as soon as these comments resemble anything of wackbag.com I'm out. I never signed up there but tried reading a few listening threads and I swear they criticize everything. You would think they all hate the show. And they all try to talk like junior Jim Nortons. Just being assholes to each other cause that's funny right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wackbag must be the site the boys refer to that contains all of the hateful comments about this show.

      Delete
    2. I think wackbag hasn't been relevant for some years. I went to that site for a while just reading threads and realized it's not even about the show anymore, just a handful of regulars with their inside jokes.
      Now when they talk about haters on the show it's mainly twitter, facebook or youtube comments.

      Delete
  18. I really enjoyed the dennis falcone bit.

    Greetz from Nederland :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, do you see this DALEX? anon chiming in from Nederland. Chalk one up for your international GAY tally.

      You, my friend anon, hail from a country that produces hot female Olympic athletes! God bless the Netherlands!

      Delete
    2. I'm from the Netherlands too! We do have good looking athletes, the thing is America has good looking women too , yet the girls in NY S are bitches

      Although I'm currently living in New York State. But I'll be back in Holland soon!

      Delete
    3. Now wait a minute Dirk, where are you exactly when you say the NY girls are bitches? In Manhattan? Yes, the ladies can be rather stuck-up and condescending. But away from the city the girls are cool.

      How about that Dutch field hockey team?!! Awfully Good! I wish I could attach a photo. Women's beach volleyball (any nationality) and Canadian figure skaters are also very damn HOT!

      Delete
  19. Why don't you all stop your crying like little faggots about guests? In my opinion, the focus should first be on Opie, whose lack of interest anymore, constant talking about himself and his family, and always interrupting people, absolutely ruins the show.

    Also, Jimmy's lack of any humor and arrogant attitude when debating, and Anthony's incessant negativity, drags the show down as well.

    The only reason why I still listen to the show is because every now and then they rekindle old memories of the WNEW days with amazing humor. But just like Stern became a sell out over the years and dried up any remaining creative juices, I am sad to say the same has happened to O&A :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you one of the people who got into the show via Louie CK youtube uploads? The show was at it's peak a few years back before the merger, but if you think they were better before XM than they are right now, I'd have to disagree. Find me a radio show where the hosts don't talk about themselves or their families. If it was so bad, the instant feedback would show that and they would move on. The live audience comes before the people who download the show for free.

      Delete
    2. I also think when people listen every single day, they get burned out. People look back and think the show used to be better, but the show didn't change, they did. I'd say take a break from the show for a few months like I did and then you might enjoy the show like you used to. It's hard to find another show that will be 100% honest when it comes to their opinions on current events even if you don't agree with the sides they take.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    4. You must know that I actually took 2 years off from O&A when I was working overseas. I've been listening to them for about 8 months now and although they've had some moments most of the shows are disappointing. As I said before, I still listen because I hope to hear some of the old magic. I'll give it another few months but if the bore fest continues I'll go listen to something else (not many options unfortunately, which is why I've probably been hoping O&A turns it around.

      By the way, if you listened to O&A from the WNEW days (or even in Boston) you would know that the show now is a much more watered down version, for many reasons of course. Mainly, they are strangled by a weak and inept Sirius management that doesn't support them.

      Try listening to a bunch of clips from the WNEW days, when Opie was psychotic, Anthony was doing amazing and topical impressions, they were doing amazing bits, contests and road shows, and most important of all (in my opinion), no Norton.

      Delete
    5. Well, I just finished 2001-death by Sam, and I agree the shows were much brighter. Opie was a cheerful fellow, they were number one in several cities and were on the verge of . . . whatever. But once Jimmy became established, say in Spring 2002, the shows got much better. He and Ant developed the back and forth banter over that time, and I don't mean gun control arguments, that make the show great at times. And Jimmy was really hitting his stride with Ant during the XM years, so I can't agree with you there.

      Now? Opie is tired and defeated, Ant's collecting a paycheck and Jimmy's still scrambling after a measure of fame. Sometimes they are very good, and sometimes, like the Zimmerman "debate", or anything involving this Denny guy . . . awful. It's a pity, and they're stuck with Sirius for so long, I don't know if they would have the energy or the motivation to put together a podcast show.

      Delete
  20. The Ron and fez, link is messed up, I can't download it

    ReplyDelete
  21. Opie, Anthony, JImmy; they all have an important purpose for the fluidity of the show. Sam, on the other hand, is a total waste of spacetime. He needs to produce and keeps his mouth shut. His voice is irritating and he is talentless. The after show is worth listening to if there are other players involved. You ever listen to one when he is on his own? Some of the worse radio ever broadcast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Sam is one of those people who gets humor, but isn't funny himself. AKA a listener.

      Delete
    2. Sam bombed today when he was asked to interview Zombie. The thing I dislike is when he tries to throw E-rock under the bus. I'm like E-rock brings more to the show via producing and bits then Sam ever has. Take Erocks drinking show, Sam was like this is going to suck trying to turn everyone on Erock, it turned out fucking fantastic.

      Delete
    3. The reason Sam hasn't been moved up in the company is because he is interchangeable with just about anyone else. I've been using these OnA sites for a long time, but have you ever once seen a request for Sam's Sunday show. He lacks all identity outside of OnA. He works hard, but it ends there IMHO.

      Delete
    4. I always wondered who listened to his Sunday shows. I thought perhaps they were on a different channel & that is why they were off the radar. Poor Sam! (I wonder what his producer salary is?)

      Delete
    5. that would be me. And the Sunday shows are taking care of by Struff

      Delete
  22. Where in the hell has Valley Jim been lately?? I need some Valley Jim'isms.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Tom Papa always shows up and eats a dick. He's comedy cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  24. @ WNEW tom papA wouldA got one appearance

    then never heard from again..

    ReplyDelete
  25. That new header is friggin' hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  26. My home gets bombed and now I have to listen to tom papa. Listening to papa is worse. Cool...

    ReplyDelete
  27. Rich, sorry to hear about your woes in Boston.

    Nice cover art, alien yimmy! I wanted to get a t-shirt made with the old logo but I guess I can retrieve that from the archives.

    ReplyDelete