![]() |
| Ricky Gervais and Elijah Wood in studio today. |
2013-06-20-OA-64K Hulkshare
2013-06-20-OA-64K Sharebeast
Today on G.A.Y: Check back all day for updated pics, videos and summary.
The unfortunate death of James Gandolfini. TMZ has the exclusive. Audio from the Soprano's. Extended Soprano's discussion. Audio from 'Inside the Actor's Studio.' Max calls in with a very creepy phoner.
A quick Stanley Cup Finals update and the news station who played commercials over the game wining goal. A SNL actor is a big fan of the show...WAS and big fan of the show.
Shawn-F production and sends a gift. Jimmy gets to act with an A-lister. Elijah Wood in studio promoting his new T.V. series.
Ricky Gervais drops arrives to the studio, to an empty house. They discuss the line between comedy and serious statements.
Sam Roberts and Jimmy stick around with Ricky. Extra show!
As mentioned on today's show:

thanks alot for the show as always
ReplyDeleteAaaaaaaaaaa Big A!
DeleteRicky Gervais and Elijah Wood should make this show a keeper! I haven't watched Wilfred in forever and Gervais is always hilarious to listen to. I was also watching that James Gandolfini clip yesterday and amazed by how much of a genius he was.
ReplyDeleteWatch these scene from The Sopranos, Chris predicts Tony will die from a heart attack by the time he's 50, its a great scene
ReplyDeletehttp://m.youtube.com/#/watch?sns=tw&v=9_peSCECc4I&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D9_peSCECc4I%26sns%3Dtw
SNL Actor?!! WE FOUND DA RAT!!!!!
ReplyDeleteFuck! I'm genuinely upset about James Gandolfini dying. Cheers for everything you gave us mate.
ReplyDeleteThanks, man.
ReplyDeleteFuck TMZ. RIP James Gandolfini.
Thanks DALEX, especially for today.
ReplyDeleteHoly shit Max Koch was TRIPPING BALLS! Hilarious!
ReplyDeleteAnthony's Gandolfini impression is hilarious. "The Gobbagoo".
ReplyDeleteI so fucking bummed out about gandolfini. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mC2ioV7FKc one of my favorite story lines, they left it for like a whole season before returning to the hoarse painting! genius. RIP OH!
ReplyDeleteUploading the Max Koch call to YouTube now.. I'll post a link once YouTube stops being a shit.
ReplyDeleteIt was a very strange call.
It was strange because it appeared to be somewhat revealing. I know Max was dealing with the Ambien but he also seemed to be struggling with genuine sadness at times.
DeleteCompletely understandable. Opie was right, famous people die and some hit harder than most. For me, the passing of Dimebag (Pantera) and Jeff Hanneman (Slayer) hit like a ton of bricks.. Dime more so as he was one of my idols. This one absolutely floored me, completely out of the blue and nothing short of a kick in the stomach. I can't imagine how Max, who's been doing impressions for around 5 years now, is feeling. Obviously nowhere near the level of friends and family of Gandolfini but still absolutely tragic news.
DeleteVideo is up - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whiaduJ0zA0
Holy shit, I forgot about Jeff Hanneman passing away! I have been watching metal (The Big Four in Romania) concerts recently on Youtube and just watched a Slayer documentary. Hence my metal conversation in yesterday's thread. I have been too busy keeping a business afloat and fucking forgot about Jeff Hanneman. FUCK!!!
DeleteIt's been a shitty year for some of the idols of many, this one only adds to the awful news.
DeleteThe Big 4 concert is fantastic too. I'm still a little suspect regarding Metallica, they put on a hell of a live show but their albums just can't seem to live up to the Black album. I'm a huge fan of Load and Reload, much different to their previous stuff but they shine in their own right. I really couldn't get into Death Magnetic even though I will say it's a marked improvement over the awfulness that was St Anger. Lars' 'pingy' snare is SO distracting and the whole thing seems forced.
I am also not a fan of Lars; snare drum sound. Interesting that you also noticed that. I am not into any Metallica after And Justice for All, it is just so unlistenable. I remember how Lars used to bash other metal bands for "selling out" and worrying too much about album sales and radio air play. Then he turned around & did that with his band. Perhaps I am too old as well. How about the heavy sounds of Rotgut? Their lead-singer is just insane.
DeleteI assume we're talking about Ant's Rotgut band? I haven't heard enough to really form an opinion but going by memory from the odd 1 or 2 tracks they played on the show, it was pretty decent stuff without the enraging shoehorning that Todd Pettengill is "famous" for.. and I'm using the 'famous' title very loosely.
DeleteAs for Lars, I lost all respect for him when he took issue with Napster. Not that he didn't make a valid point, it was just unnecessary bitching in my opinion. Metallica are worth millions and he went after a company for, at the time, a debatable noble reason but little did he know Napster was nothing compared to how easily it is to download ANYTHING now. A simply search for '__band name__album title blogspot" and BAM!.. free music in seconds. Not to say I don't buy my music, I always support my favourite bands but the 'try before you buy' aspect is a handy. I've lost count of the amount of albums I've bought that only have 1 good song and the rest blow ass and when you drop $30 on an physical copy, it becomes maddening.
Apologies for the essay.. :)
"As for Lars, I lost all respect for him when he took issue with Napster."
Delete" Not that he didn't make a valid point.."
"he went after a company for, at the time, a debatable noble reason but little did he know Napster was nothing compared to how easily it is to download ANYTHING now."
"Not to say I don't buy my music"
You're all over the place. Lars knew there would be a time when all music would be stolen, that is why he tried to stand against it at the time. People also have this warped idea that it was Lars Ulrich against Napster. Lars was the most well-known, but he represented a fuckload of bands, signed and unsigned, who didn't want their creations stolen. I respect that he fought for what he believed in, even if it's considered stupid and wrong.
I was only joking about Rotgut! Trying to keep my comment somewhat relative to the show.
DeleteIn regards to the Bison's comments about Lars, I remember the Lars vs. Napster saga the same as your summary. I always assumed that I missed something when so many people hated him for it. But I also sympathized with those downloading back then because they had figured a way to get the music electronically. I still remember the days when a guy would buy an album and then go to each friend's house where they would record it on a cassette. My friend's older brother used that loaning out of albums to get a lot of weed way back when. Additionally, during the Napster hearings, I was still blaming Lars for moving Metallica towards selling out & creating more radio-friendly music so my perception of Lars back then was seriously skewed.
Layne Staley is the hardest for me to digest, Dimebag was amazing and I could point out a plethora of songs to make his case, like Floods, but Layne was unbelievable.
DeleteThanks Dalex.
ReplyDeleteAny reason in particular you're using sharebeast as an alternative? It's slow as shit, at least in my case, might I suggest zippyshare. It's fast and mobily accessible.
ReplyDeleteR&F http://www.mediafire.com/?qq9ug44o7euc2ix
ReplyDelete@ATLeut
Would you mind checking your upload, I think it's corrupted.
DeleteMr serial x you like metal WE HERD YOu everyday yoi bring whatever subject back around to metal , I love metal but dont brag about it. Show about purses mr serial x chimes in... well. I don't wear purses cuz I like metal.... show about rape... mr serial x chimes in... well when I was getting raped floods by pantera was in the back round. ..cuz I like metal ya know.
ReplyDeleteWWWWWAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
DeleteEveryday, you fucking baby? This is only the 2nd time metal has been brought up and if you don't like it, scroll past it.
DeleteGo change your tampon, bitch.. I can smell your menstrual blood all the way down here in Australia.
Yea Sean, you really are a faggot.
DeleteWell, I guess that concludes the metal discussion for this forum.
DeleteSeems like some people are forming a hate boner over ol' Serial here :I
DeleteOh well. The metal discussion was actually fascinating and I don't usually listen to metal actually.
DeleteI recommend iodine, it turns into a purple gas at room temperature.
Deletehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpAn1tbqDfQ
DeletePS: Pops; he has the opposite effect on me, but his Mom doesn't.
Love how Gervais bashed those two zilches for leaving haha so hilarious!!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteSam's voice is so incredibly irritating! I do love his hyena laugh though.
ReplyDeleteCan any1 post or email a mp3 version of ron & fez? Can't use link above m4a file. Please and thanks. Scottyonpt@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteIs that really something you need other people to do for you?
Deletehttp://www.freemake.com/free_audio_converter/
http://www.mediafire.com/download/4lvjwoe0631h64q/Ron_%26_Fez_-_2013-06-20_Thu.mp3
ReplyDeletethanks dean. and fervt yes i did need some help. was @ work not sitting @ computer
ReplyDeleteUnderstood sir, my apologies. I figured it was the lazy request of a noob.
Delete