![]() |
| Lil Wayne triggers a large scale discussion on free speech. |
2013-06-19-OA-64K Hulkshare
2013-06-19-OA-64K Sharebeast
2013-06-19-JNS-64K Hulkshare
Today on GAY: Check back all day for updated pics, videos and summary.
Recap on basketball game from last night. Extensive discussion about obesity. Roland talks about his upcoming Food Court Show.
Some upcoming show references are made. Audio from a guitar lesson with Ricky Gervais as David Brent. Russell Brand Audio from MSNBC. Lil' Wayne stomping on the American flag leads to a debate on free speech.
The Ms. Utah speech gets another mention and the boys take a look at a creepy snake.
Jim Hosts the Advice Show today. Call in, and tell him about your problems!
As mentioned on today's show:

Lil Wayne is so fucking overrated and not that great of a musician either. It sounds like Ant will lose his shit once again here, which for this situation is completely justified.
ReplyDeleteThanks DaleX! :)
overrated? I've never heard anyone say anything good about lil wayne.
DeleteUnderrated, then?
DeleteUnderrated would imply that he isn't as popular as he should be. He's dated if anything.
DeleteGood for him. I don't really give that much of a fuck. I barely keep up with new top 40 kind of music.
DeleteThe only thing I like about Lil Wayne is Dave Chappelle's fantastic impersonation of him, "WHAT! OK!". My fingers are crossed for an Anthony rant, nothing makes me happier.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Dalex.. you're a boss!!
That was lil Jon.
DeleteAh! All these 'Lil' rappers are the same to me. I'm a metalhead, that wasn't meant to be as racist as it probably seems.
DeleteSo it was only a li'l racist?
DeleteIn X's defense, I can't tell one metal guy from another.
Deleteand lets be honest..they all look like apes.
Delete...which makes your sexual fantasies that much weirder.
Deleteand hotter.
See I'm insinuating that you secretly crave sex from the black men you call apes.
That would make you gay and a hypocrite. More gay really. Mostly I'm calling you gay.
Bison, that's racist.
DeleteAnd Ken, stop bullying Bison.
MrSerialX, what metal are you into? I love metal and one band I never got into that people are amazed by was that I never got into Pantera. I do not know why except for the fact that I had more than enough metal at my disposal.
DeleteJDCHOO JDCHOO
DeleteJDCHU-JDCHU JDCHOO-JDCHOO JDCHOO-JDCHOO
(Devil's Circus / Sick Fukin' Puppies)
tsss...Ziebzin, you into metal? What are you, Iron Man or sumpin'? .... tss
DeleteNot Iron Man but Iron Maiden...tss, tss!
DeleteKihOshk, do you ever post anything other than utter shit? I'll answer for you, "No.. I'm just a massive cunt with nothing of substance to add ever". Good to know, don't reply because I'll continue to ignore you as I have been doing all week.
Deleteziebzin: I was raised on Alice Cooper, Pink Floyd, Meat Loaf.. etc then made the cliche transition to Pantera (RIP Dime), Metallica, White Zombie (still one of my Top 5 favourite bands), Skid Row.. etc. Nowadays I'm a mad keen Black Dahlia Murder and Killswitch Engage fan (both also in my Top 5), others include; After The Burial, The Agonist, Strapping Young Lad and everything Devin Townsend, Attila, Battlecross, Black Sheep Wall, The Faceless, Fallujah, Gojira, Mastodon, Mudvayne, Nemertines, Periphery, Protest The Hero, Revocation, I was a Rob Zombie fan until he got too invested in movies and his music took a massive shit. Tool, Veil Of Maya, Within The Ruin, Volbeat, 36 Crazyfists.. just to name a few from my iTunes library.
I never got into Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden and all the old school 'go to' bands most metal fans are meant to like.. just not my thing at all.
HA! Where the HELL is THIS aggression coming from? I think someone's in love.
DeleteDunno if you have the cramps this week, Precious, but your claws (and panties) are showing. She's still steaming over our Opie disagreement.
MrSerialX was raised (and lowered) on Uncle Paul's lap.
Shit man you are into metal! I went to high school (my formative years) in the 80's so Metallica, Priest, ACDC, Iron Maiden, Mercyful Fate and the like were in heavy rotation. I am with you about Rob Zombie and I will say the same for Metallica. What happened to these guys? They got older and richer which can influence their creative direction. However, Slayer experienced the same success but did not change. Slayer puts on an excellent show.
DeleteThat 'Refused' band that I got into via the G.A.Y. forum is pretty damn good as well.
As awful as Lil Wayne/Jon/Rudiger/Abraham/etc are, at least they aren't as awful as those hipster rappers like Lil B, Odd Future.
DeleteI'm a fan of the metal/metallic bands as well: Mastodon, Terra Tenebrosa, all things Townsend, Cephalic Carnage, Dillinger Escape Plan, Gigan, Cattle Decapitation, Napalm Death, Isis, Old Man Gloom, Portal, Ulcerate, Gorguts, Thought Industry, etc...
Matt, I must be too old because I have not heard of any of those bands except for Mastodon & maybe Napalm Death. That's cool though. Are there any radio stations out there that still have a metal format. When I was younger we would listen to KNAC 105.5 out of Los Angeles for our metal needs.
DeleteMost of them splice metal with other genres, and most of them have been around since the early 2000's.
Delete"LEECHES! LEECHES!"
ReplyDeleteLol, Ant. That was great. Love it when Jimmy and Ant explode like this and go on a great rant.
Opie in the free speech zone is my favorite Opie.
ReplyDeletedude, Opie sucks. i wanted to hear spaceman came down and he just moves on while jimmy tries to get it played. opie knows no funny.
ReplyDeleteComing from Bison, that had to be sarcasm.
DeleteNo it is where he shines because you can tell it comes from the heart.
DeleteIf you don't get the greatness of opie (especially with the last 3 great shows they've had) you don't get the show. Hes getting his lines/opinions in when he has them, he keeps the show on a pace, the candy crush sounds are HILARIOUS, he knows how to push the show when theyre stuck on the same topic, and he knows when to shut up and let ant/jimmy have the floor...... #REALFANSSUPPORTOPIE
DeleteThe first half-hour of today's show proves you wrong, Steve. Opie picked the topic, and "ran" with it: "Obesity: Disease or Not a Disease". He spent his time between "going to the phones" and REPEATEDLY trying to make his "point". "Let's get thse phones ringin'!". It's hack radio. It reminds me of that Jocktober where John & Jeff went on continually set-up some lame topic and no one ever calls in to discuss. I guess Opie wins here though since there ARE callers.
DeleteThere were some really good callers, but some of them were allowed to talk for way too long. It doesn't sound so hacky because Op and the gang didn't put on those awful radio voices nor do they have a female hole in the studio but it's like they're trying to stretch out as much filler as they can to keep the show 4 hours long with commercials.
DeleteBoys, boys......let's NOT forget Between the Buried and Me. They are the fucking pinnacle of metal at the moment...and for the foreseeable future. Check it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQZmTXCSO00
DeleteClearly that comment was meant for the above "metal band" discussion. Please advise.
DeleteIt's okay, gshdesign. You're a nice boy and you meant well. Plus, I've been a fan of BTBAM for years now. Contortionist are also pretty good.
DeleteP.S. -- I just accidentally posted to the wrong thread too. What a world!
BTBAM are sick as are The Contortionist, Born of Osiris, Circle Of Contempt, Hackneyed (they're very evil sounding Germans.. like there's any other kind https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFzohuziFsw) And Fleshgod Apocalypse (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjKyzwqIT7s). And of course Meshuggah.. if you don't have a Meshuggah album in your collection ('ObZen' is a masterpiece), you're a weirdo and you aren't serious.
DeletePosted here to get off this friggin' Opie topic.
BTBAM has been my favourite band since i was 18, (I'm 23 now). They, to me, probably hold the most noticable talent in the metal industry today. A band solely dedicated to creating pieces that are so carefully and precisely choreographed like professional dancing. It's astonishing the amount of production that goes into their work. The VAST majority of their work is also hand created, and not computer generated. They pull in lots of other surrounding metal bands to guest vocal or instrument on their tracks. I'm a BIG fan of metal, and though i do understand there are other people with favourite bands with the same mindset as myself, I just think BTBAM pulls off the talent far better than any band i've seen.
DeletePlus they're INSANE with their instruments. Each member is a god to their instrument. Blake is EASILY the best drummer i've ever seen. Mike Portnoy of Dream Theater states that Blake has always been his favourite drummer. I think Dan makes bass actually sound enjoyable. Paul is a WIZARD with his guitar. Dustie supports Paul every time with great riffs on his own. Tommy's voice, though not very wide with the scream, he can sure belt out a high tone.
Isn't high-pitched Opie the best? It has me HOWLING!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIOorXH6fxE
ReplyDeleteReading these comments made me think of this....
The end of that video reminds me of this:
Deletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laynXVsBulg
R&F http://goo.gl/5CFd
ReplyDeleteOops http://www.mediafire.com/?esnzjczx2incdfc
DeleteYay! Thank you.
DeleteThat bear video was on Joe Rogan's podcast last week. O&A can't acknowledge that?
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThey did. Yesterday.
DeleteAh! Thanks.
DeleteI love pointing out hypocrisy since everyone is a hypocrite on some level. Jimmy was outraged ("What a dishonest country") since the news refuses to mention ethnicity, and yet when discussing the big fat American problem, tiptoed around calling Erock and Roland obese so he wouldn't offend them. What a dishonest, in denial country indeed.
ReplyDeleteBut erock isn't obese THATS THE BIT, roland they called fat and such and he went with it.
DeleteAnt is going on about free right speech about a black man that is
ReplyDeletequadruple the money he is and he still crowbars in that black
people are LEECHES, lol.
The irony of the situation is so goddamn uncanny. Just two days ago, Max Koch called in with a very accurate impression of Tony Soprano, and now James Gandolfini is dead of a heart attack! There goes that Sopranos movie.
ReplyDeleteItaly was at least a good place for him to die.
It's such shitty news, shocked the hell out of me. What's even weirder is the guy who green-lit The Sopranos found out from Lorraine Bracco (Dr Melfi).. at least I found it weird.
DeleteRIP James Gandolfini
He was a great actor.
ReplyDeleteToday's show is going strong at 10:16am est. Pretty sure this one is going to hit 11:00 am.
ReplyDeleteStill going as of 10:34
DeleteWrapping up at 10:52
DeleteExcellent!
DeleteSpinning MP3 now, should be up in about 10 minutes.
Deletethanks for everything and we all appreciate it and fully understand when it is late .....
Deletestill going...damn, I'm both pleased and disappointed by this news.
ReplyDeleteFucking Gandolfini man, I am genuinely bummed that he's dead. He was brilliant.
yesterday's r_F http://www.mediafire.com/download/3b0p0dvunbn9l8w/Ron_%26_Fez_-_2013-06-19_Wed.mp3
ReplyDeleteThanks UPH, sorry for the lateness. I'm usually at work at that time and can't put any time into the blog.
I actually met James Gandolfini at msg during a concert, he took the time to say hello shake my hand and have a quick convo before he went back to where he was sitting very nice genuine man. The fact that he was only 51 is scary
ReplyDeleteI just realized why they went this insanely long (other than the entire OnA crew probably are big fans of Sopranos). Gervais is a true fan of Sopranos, he tweets about it all the time, watching those dvds over and over again.
ReplyDeleteis Wheelchair Fred still alive?
ReplyDelete