2013 Jocktober 17 - Mix 104.1 - Mike Bocchetti

2013-10-17-OA-64K Sharebeast

2013-10-17-OA-64K Mediafire ST
2013-10-17-OA-64K Mediafire DL


Start today on the government back to work. They go down the list of services we need according to the new health care plan. An in depth look at more details of the health care plans. A caller with a funny accent. A bears commercial.

Second break starts on some other XM channel talk.  Anthony talks about the things in his house. Jim Talks about his farts. OP has some new Mike Francesa audio. 

For Jocktober today they take a listen to the Karson & Kennedy show on Mix 104.1  in Boston.

Mike Bocchetti in studio to promote his stand up comedy and radio show.  They go the distance with Mike as Whoo Kid drops by. 

No Shit Show. 

As mentioned on today's show:







Mike Boschetti in studio

32 comments:

  1. There's no audio on the download..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharebeast download seems to work, hulkshare has no audio.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to call Jim about my obsession with this ERock bit. Just when I think the dead horse has been beaten to a pulp Opie goes back to it. The one major thing conspicuously absent from this bit is ERock. They keep bringing that lump in and he just stands there and says nothing. They talk about him like he is child and try to get him to react, but sad sack just stands there and brings nothing. The utter ridiculousness of fatty feeling entitled to $10K should open him open to a beating on all fronts. I have to blame Opie for his terrible bit instincts. He keeps trying to "go viral" and make something magic happen but everything falls flat. Jim tries to play along, but Anthony is content just to make some offhand fat jokes and move on. ERock doesn't deserve further consideration.

    I honestly think Travis brings more to the on air part of the show and all he does is laugh at Anthony's Seinfeld references and jump in with occasional comments about Apple, bull dogs, and Pearl Jam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One other major thing conspicuously absent: anyone's laughter besides Opie's.

      Delete
  4. I don't see how Piers "owned" Anthony. They both made they points expect of them. It is hard to judge whether these types of opinions are factual. The one thing Piers really got him on was the number of guns in Afghanistan, even if we have more guns based on population (and who has the balls to count guns in that place?) I'm sure they have more machine guns, and even though we have more guns what is the relevance? Piers said he doesn't want to take away guns and doesn't seem to want to ban handguns since he always goes to "assault weapons". Based on how premise, how would we be safer if there were still 300 million guns in the country?

    Most gun homicides are committed with handguns and by gangsters. They should have asked him why the national news only gets up in arms over the relatively rare mass shooting as opposed to a much more common mass shooting in a basketball park. Anthony did comment on gangs, and I think that is the most salient point out of all of this. If we put our energy into that and 100% solved it (in the same way gun control people assume a gun will 100% remove all guns) it would drop the total way down, make those neighborhoods much safer and productive, and also reduce all the other types of crimes associated with gangsters.

    The constitution talk was stupid and always results in a dead end. It is a fucking piece of paper people debated on to come up with, if the language isn't precise enough or clear then revise it using the same techniques used to create it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ur rants are getting weirder by the day.

      Delete
    2. yeah i've noticed too.... brain tumor?

      i don't know why during these gun debates nobody ever pushes the point that mass shootings are not to be feared really, and that gangs and the war on drugs are really at the core of the whole thing. they usually just talk around it or brush it aside. but really that's the only point that ever needs to be made. until you get those things under control, you can't accomplish anything.

      i didn't listen to piers in studio. i have no idea why he is on american tv.

      Delete
    3. You leave my brain out of this. Although, I'd probably like the show better if lobotomized. Any DIY recommendations?

      You were among those saying the other day that Anthony was owned. He wasn't. Not that the "great debate" was a reason for everyone to start sucking each others dicks, it wasn't, but it isn't like anyone won it. Like most debates, it went nowhere.

      The topics that people get fired up about are nonsense and they never go to the root cause (or even dig deeper to find any cause beyond scapegoating). For guns, how about the arguments for strong police, a strong economy, and not having a black market for drugs.

      Delete
    4. That was yesterday and this is a new show... Let's move on to a new thing to hate and pick apart.

      Delete
    5. you can't be referring to me, because i didn't listen to that part of the show yesterday, and i don't think i made many comments. if i did, they wouldn't have been specific like anthony was owned.

      i do get the feeling they didn't play hard ball with piers. they never do that with guests these days.

      do you think that whole jesse ventura thing would have happened now? or when they were more aggressive with other truthers, or even when they would disrespect guests that made shitty products like "brocabulary". i don't think they want to hurt feelings anymore.

      there are some moments where they don't have a choice, and that's just where it goes like with paris hilton. but that was years ago too. they certainly don't set out to be vicious anymore. much of the time they were right to do so.

      Delete
    6. I wasn't talking to u....so ur long rant was for nothing.

      Delete
    7. He meant me. I don't think this was a spot for "Destroyer Opie" or "Aggressive Beta Male Jimmy" to go after a guest. Piers wasn't as obnoxious as I expected based on clips they have played in the past. I like the discussion on serious topics now and again. I was mainly commenting on how a lot of people thought Piers dominated Anthony. Piers made his standard points and his main theme is just to make things as safe as possible and somehow just banning assault rifles is going to solve the problem. Maybe the government should buy us all bulletproof vests just because some small segment of the population won't behave (cue bowling for behave).

      I didn't have an issue with the show on this one. I do agree that something will most certainly happen day that is worth attacking.

      Delete
    8. I hate Piers, but much less so than Opie. That said, I was pleased with how he steamrolled Opie's standard debate technique of "HOLD ON!". Listening to The Destroyer in the background desperately trying to get in on the action without ANY relief or recognition was welcomed:"WAI.......HOLD OUH......WUH...PIERS, HOLD.....WAI....UH....".

      Delete
    9. You say standard points by piers (whom I hate) if they were just that why didn't Antony Prepair for them? He was unprepared and ended up looking like an extremist

      Delete
    10. Piers has actual statistics, but his main point seems to be that we have more guns than anyone and that leads to more gun homicides. You can't argue the statistics, but it doesn't follow that if another country had as many guns as us they would have as many gun homicides. It is the culture, more specifically gang culture as Anthony pointed out. I'm more annoyed that this is such a distracting hot button issue that it consumes the news and politics. You can't stop these crazy mass killers by banning guns, so what is all the effort for? To stop a bunch of gang members from killing each other with guns? That isn't going to make them good guys, if anything, the less there are of them the less crime there is.

      Delete
    11. Oh, and Anthony is an extremist, but he is willing to compromise and concede that things like background checks should be done, and while he wants a machine really bad, I think he accepts not having one.

      I trust Anthony with a gun as it is the one area of his life where he seems to be responsible. I don't trust him with cats, motor vehicles, alcohol, or young women.

      Delete
    12. where Anthony made me laugh was when he said arn't black children worth anything? we all know Anthony couldn't care less about young black gangsters ..in fact he's stated we should exterminate them all many times.thats when ant started grasping as straws and looked a fool.

      Delete
  5. I wonder how jimmy copes with having to hear "there's the joke" from the least funny person in the world, after firing out a good line.. HOLY FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK WHEAT THINS RUUUUUUUUULLLLE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. how about when opie says, "aw, you beat me to it. i was just about to make that joke"

      Delete
  6. Mike Boschetti should date Honey Boo Boo's mom. They both look like fuckin' thumbs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mike Boschetti is fucking awful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched the clip on this page and was HOL (howling out loud). I'm looking forward to hearing Mike "Erock in 10 years" Boschetti.

      Delete
    2. ha ha...lookit funny man make funny face. #ComedyGold

      Delete
  8. Today's show wasn't too bad but I gotta say, Jocktober is a bust... they focus too much on the Facebook shit.

    And fuck Jimmy.. blocked me on Twitter when I don't even talk to and/or about him. The only things I've said were about Piers yesterday and even then it was nothing bad. That photo collecting, teen girl body image bitch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right about the facebook shit. Fucking self serving.

      Delete
    2. It sounds like (I don't use it) it is too easy to restrict what is allowed on a Facebook page. This means that a show can disable posting as soon as they realize the problem and clean it up. In the old days shows had their own web sites which could be wrecked. They would also have listeners call in to their show to prank them and they would play the recordings as it was happening. They used to put effort into it, but it is now just a quick bit Sam gets to do if they get to it, and it isn't even a given they will make it all the way through.

      The loss of Scorch has hit everyone hard. I felt like every day was a possible Jocktober when Scorch was out there doing what he does.

      Delete
    3. god, i wish we had scorch content every day.....

      Delete
    4. I love that guy. No one exemplifies the spirit of "fake it until you make it" like Scorch. Is it really surprising that a young Samtime Roberts was brought up under the tutelage of Scorch? It may be that young Sam was a self-aware caterpillar who was ashamed of his mentor but he has finally metamorphosed into a completely unaware butterfly that believes his own hype and thinks he is always on the verge of making it big.

      Delete
  9. Tapped out on Mike Boschetti, fucking terrible. I did like jocktober even though they did Karson and Kennedy a couple of years ago.

    ReplyDelete