2013 Jocktober 16 - WBEE - Piers Morgan

2013-10-16-OA-64K Sharebeast
2013-10-16-JNS-64K Advice Show
2013-10-16-OAJNS-64K Mediafire St
2013-10-16-OAJNS-64K Mediafire Dl




Kick off on the Million Man March. They discuss how old Hillary Clinton is by looking at an older photo. A video surfacing of a trumpet fight. A high school girl gets a phone call. 

After the break, they discuss old radio stations, old TV shows and nominees for the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame. A continuation of Jocktober from yesterday as they take a look at BEE morning radio and they listen to some Prepburger bits. 

Opie finally pays Erock. Piers Morgan makes his way to the studio to discuss media, guns and America's got talent. 

Wednesday means its Jim's advice show.


As mentioned on today's show: 













43 comments:

  1. For a fanatic like Jimmy, he doesn't know much. Every time (every day) they do a music break he ends up hearing a band and having no idea who the band is. Jim had no idea who Chad Kroeger was and then when he was told he asked "isn't he with STP now?"

    Jethro Tull didn't get approval from Anthony, but all I know about his musical tastes is that he likes Neil Diamond because he thinks he is really good at covering his songs.

    I haven't heard the show, but I look forward to the big payoff for the ERock bit. Fatty was inconvenienced and has his consumption vacation paid for...but here is the catch, he is once again minorly inconvenienced. Fatty is laughing all the way to the bank, with a quick stop of at McDonalds on the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Jimmy knows more than he lets on. I just think he believes it is cool to pretend he doesn't know bands or shows or movies (name more things). sorry. I think he considers himself very hip. just my humble opinion

      Delete
    2. I've been listening to Norton from the first day he visited with Dice, and he is really that ignorant. For that matter the boys in general are easily as dumb and badly informed as anyone they parody on Jocktober. Fortunately they're also funny as hell.

      Delete
    3. I think he just gets very focused for different reasons. He huge gap is musical knowledge was due to obsessing over just a few bands like Black Sabbath and Kiss. I don't think Kiss even comes close in that list, but I digress. He is also very focused when it comes to his own profession. He obviously knows about comedians he has worked with and that hang out in his home base, but he has stated a few times that he doesn't listen to other comedians with his reason being that he doesn't want to be influenced by them. I find that kind of odd that someone wouldn't want to be influenced by someone or learn from them. It doesn't follow that you will then rip off their material.

      Delete
    4. Alexander are you serious? The guy is a Fez Whatley black hole of popular culture knowledge. He was literally adrift in a sea of hookers in the 90s. His knowledge of such matters is if i may say fucking......HORRENDOUS. Oh really you don't share the same love of Seinfeld that Ant does? Fuck off.

      Delete
    5. lol @Docfox. And yes I am completely serious. and for what reason does my comment warrant a fuck off?

      Delete
    6. Not at you specifically. Just anyone that doesn't love Seinfeld as much as Ant. The guy (Jimmy) doesn't watch Louie or Bored To Death ffs. Shows that he has been on. Nor did he watch Breaking Bad or watch The Walking Dead or Its Always Sunny - I could go on. Enough....alright....

      Delete
    7. oh fair enough. read your comment wrong. my bad. and I am not a fan Seinfeld at all. like I get it and I understand why folks think it is funny, for some reason, it never clicked with me.

      Delete
    8. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    9. zorro is right, it's not an act. and i can't blame him for that. i'm a younger guy, and i'm already behind on what new music is coming out. he's just one of those guys that knew what he grew up with. he's said before that he listened to his sabbath cassettes over and over again rather than finding new music.

      it just is what it is. and him not watching other comedic shows makes sense too. comedy is how he makes money, and it's extremely important not to steal or get your inspiration from elsewhere. jimmy doesn't want to be influenced.

      it's annoying how much of a picture boy sweety he is, but whatever. i love his breakdowns at least.

      Delete
    10. Are there any other examples of a profession where you avoid what other people are doing? I suppose once you've mastered the craft of writing a dick joke you can seclude yourself in the forest and meditate while waiting for inspirado. In my opinion, it might do him well to mix things up a bit. I'd like to see him take a stab at being a guitar act.

      Delete
  2. ………………..,-~*’`¯lllllll`*~,
    …………..,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,
    ………,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,
    ……,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\
    ….;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\
    …..\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/………\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,
    …...\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*………..`~-~-,…(.(¯`*,`,
    …….\llllllllllll,-~*…………………)_-\..*`*;..)
    ……..\,-*`¯,*`)…………,-~*`~.………….../
    ……...|/.../…/~,…...-~*,-~*`;……………./.\
    ……../.../…/…/..,-,..*~,.`*~*…………….*...\
    …….|.../…/…/.*`...\...……………………)….)¯`~,
    …….|./…/…./…….)……,.)`*~-,……….../….|..)…`~-,
    ……/./.../…,*`-,…..`-,…*`….,---…...\…./…../..|……...¯```*~-
    …...(……….)`*~-,….`*`.,-~*.,-*……|…/.…/…/…………\
    …….*-,…….`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*……….|.,*...,*…|…...\
    ……….*,………`-,…)-,…………..,-*`...,-*….(`-,…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. now that is impressive

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. ............................................________
      ....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
      .............................,.-"..................................."-.,
      .........................,/...............................................":,
      .....................,?......................................................,
      .................../...........................................................,}
      ................./......................................................,:`^`..}
      .............../...................................................,:"........./
      ..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
      ............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
      .........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
      ..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
      ...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
      ...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
      ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
      ............/.`~,......`-...................................../
      .............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
      ,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
      .....`=~-,__......`,.................................
      ...................`=~-,,.,...............................
      ................................`:,,...........................`..............__
      .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
      ........................................_..........._,-%.......`
      ...................................,

      Delete
  3. I love chinese food, you know that is true. Who's this jiggaboo? Rapping like a fool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like how the questioned the appropriateness of that man being around children in the music videos. At least he is running a business and has a reason to be there. I'd be much more worried about Anthony hanging out on set with his age of consent app, calendar app, and a hard dick, just counting down the days until the girl is legal.

      Delete
  4. I was all prepared not to bash Op today and I wouldn't have if he didn't build up his stupid payment to Erock all show for an idea he probably got from the rumors of Samsung paying a $1bn fine to Apple in trucks full of nickles.

    So this fucking asshole gives out Erock's number on air and instead of just being sorry and paying him like he said he would, he's gotta make it a wacky radio bit. I'm a little disappointed he didn't capitalize on the upcoming remake of Carrie and invite Erock to a prom only to dump a bucket of coins on his head... that would've been VIRAL! 'Erock gets SHOWERED in coins - @OpieRadio #Carrie'.

    This caps lock using hack douche.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone told me that the whole thing was Ron's idea. Don't know much beyond that cause I haven't listened to Ron and Fez yet.

      Delete
  5. looking forward to listening to the Piers segment. Wondering if Ant will go at him for Piers douchey stance on guns. hope he doesn't hold back because I hate Piers Morgan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for two loudmouths to yell over each other. Ope is a good moderator. He knows to end the debate when he runs out of lives on Candy Crush.

      Delete
  6. Piers is fucking punchable.. his idea that government can and will protect you is both laughable and angering.

    That is all, good day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So when they do that whole thing were they say "...and Erock isn't really that fat" are they serious, or is it another layer to the bit? Because I'm pretty certain that is what most doctor's consider quite fat. I mean look at that chin recursion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not gay, but I know unfuckable when I see it.

      The picture matches his personality pretty well. Can you imagine that lump strutting around with frosted hair like king fatso of lard mountain?

      Delete
    2. If only that hack Sam Roberts would lay in the cut like Erock and only come out when being made fun of. My favorite moments the last few weeks were when that shitbag Sam was being made fun of by Russell Peters, Jimmy, and Florentine. And they weren't picking on him for dumb shit; shit he can change. They were getting at him for the things that make him fundamentally useless as an entertainer on radio - his voice, his look, his propensity towards childish shit.

      Delete
    3. He's really not all that big, but he does have a very fat face and neck. He's kind of built like Jimmy was a couple of years ago (which really illustrates how much weight Jim's lost in the picture of the two of them with the boxes of quarters). I'd say Erock is more schlubby or slovenly. He just looks like a very lazy man who can't be bothered to shave or move quickly.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Ant in comparison sounded like a crazed extremist. Piers obviously prepared. I still hate Piers but it is what it is.

      Delete
    2. They're both equally bad debaters. They use the same tactics, really, it's just that Piers stays calmer when he's doing it than Ant does. He also isn't as generous as Ant was to him, in terms of cutting off and talking over each other. He presented a lot of false dichotomies, and dismissed basically all of Ant's stats and sources just by saying "that's uttah nonnsuns" and not giving any counter-evidence or rebuttal.
      That said, Ant really should have been more prepared for that, especially having seen Piers do the same thing in a lot of interviews. Like when Piers brushed off Ant's stats about Britain having a higher violent crime rate per capita, Ant should have at least been able to cite the source of that stat (FBI, or whatever), if not the actual number.
      This wasn't a "great debate" as the Opster put it. It was EXACTLY what he complains about regarding news panels and that kind of shit, which is that these discussions consist of both parties going in with their points, keeping quiet until the other person gives them an opportunity to drop their next point, so on ad nauseum.
      In conclusion, Opie loses the Ant/Piers argument by being a hypocrite about it.

      Delete
  9. I'm not the biggest Piers fan, but I thought he destroyed Ant. I love when anyone calls Ant on his bullshit like Patrice used to do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. im Australian and the gun laws worked... he kicked Ants Ass. im also not a fan of Piers or Sam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is there even really a gun problem or it just a big distraction that both sides use against each other? I think there maybe 30,000 deaths a year from guns with 20,000 of them being suicides. Why are suicides included except to make the problem seem worse? Assuming guns didn't exist, would there be no suicides? You should be able to off yourself, in fact, I encourage it. We should allow euthanasia so that isn't necessary. For the remaining 10,000 how many of those are homeboys killing each other? I don't give a fuck about them, but we shouldn't have war zones that people are afraid to go into, so lock them up. How about the government protects me from the people that are abusing guns. I'd like to see statistics on how many homicides were committed by someone with violent crimes on their record.

      Delete
    2. Some of my thoughts.

      Banning guns is false solution since the guns don't go away. Most people committing the crimes I assume are with illegal guns. Guns are banned in some major cities, you see how that goes. Drugs are banned everywhere, and are also available everywhere. There is no solution to putting the genie in the bottle.

      Guns aren't killing people. If there was a problem with guns being unsafe then that would be a actual issue. If you buy a Ford Pinto and the gas tank has a tendency to blow up then that is a problem, same for a gun that blows up in your hand.

      Mass shootings are relatively rare and are done by crazy people. Those same people could plow their car into parade or make a bomb. Granted, having a high capacity assault rifle has become a hip way for lunatics to kill people.

      I assume most homicides done with a gun are done with illegal guns used by violent previous offenders (many gang members). Stop putting people away from drugs and put violent criminals away for a long time. If you have a gun and you rob someone you should go to jail for life.

      There are real issues out there but people love stupid shit like abortion and gun control that really doesn't matter all that much.

      Delete
    3. I'm Australian too and while I'm not going to call conspiracy on Port Arthur, the police sure dropped the ball a few times in their, and eventually the government's, push to ban everything. FYI: Martin Bryant.. ANOTHER psychopath with mental issues, not once did Piers mention that trend.

      We were left with single shot and bolt action rifles... they've since been taken too so if anyone thinks gun control is just getting rid of 'the 300 assault weapons' as Piers likes to say.. you are fucking naive.

      You can't nerf the work despise what our shitty grandma nanny government likes to do.

      Delete
  11. it's amazing how much opie bashing is on this board.....none of you are funnier than opie...period...otherwise you'd be in his seat. ant and jimmy are very alike...having another one of them would be too much of the same, opie rounds it out. yes, opie used to try to hard to be funny, but today i think he found his niche and adds a different comedic style and control of interviews/board/etc.

    does anyone here enjoy listening to opie and anthony...all i see is bitching on this site where someone provides this shit for free.....

    BLEH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Opie does keep the train wreck on the tracks...wait, that doesn't sound right... He makes the train wreck run on time...no, that isn't it either. I'm trying here.

      As for having his job if someone was funnier, the show wasn't cast through a reality show competition. You should know that noone would choose Opie from a list of talent to do a show. He had the gumption and good fortune to start his own show and that is why he is in that seat.

      They used to cancel the show when either of the boys was going to be out, but once laziness got the best of them they figured out they could alternate days off and still do a show, and one side effect of that is seeing that Anthony can actually run a show by himself. Granted, he never takes phone calls, but that is because callers are mostly idiots.

      There is no relationship between trashing the show and getting the content for free. If you are suggest a gift horse is being is being looked in the mouth then said gift horse would be Dalex and noone dares say a bad word about him. If you cared about O&A you would be upset that someone is pirating the show not suggesting we should all click out heels together in glee every time we steal the show.

      Delete
  12. I love listening to it. But sometimes I hate Opie, sometimes I hate Anthony, and....... well, I never really hate Jimmy. Opie takes the fucking cake though. "We've been doing this a long fucking time...... holy FUCK!!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just when I start to hate Opie for running something into the ground like "twitter voice" he blows me away with something new like "blowhard voice". It was funny because he said blowhard a lot, at least I think that is why it was funny, I laughed just in case.

      Delete
  13. I hate piers but he killed Anthony.Anthony made a fool of himself when he said Afghanistan has more guns than America.Ant inst such a smart guy when he isnt debating comedians

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was actually embarrassing listening to Anthony... And the way everyone was consoling him after,it was truly a sad moment in Anthony's life to get owned by a man he truly hates...even at the end when opie said come back anytime,Anthony started shaking his no...kinda childish,why wouldn't he want him back so he could own him next time around? .....maybe he can't

      Delete
  14. I've finally heard the fascinating conclusion of the ERock phone bit. This whole thing seems to have been played out in an alternate universe. Opie is still a bad human being, and ERock again stumbles into good fortune. Sam is going along with this and laughing, but in the past Sam was always critical of how ERock made much more than the other staff members. ERock then lazily protests the amount of money he receives. *FIREWORKS*

    Most of the details are dull or lies. ERock wasn't close to quitting, that is a lie for many reasons (or truth and the worst decision a person has made in history). The $2K number for replacing the phone is a lie. Why would the phone need to be replaced? Did he get so many cock pics his old phone exploded? Even with a new phone, where does that number come from? ERock's estimate of $10K seems quite exaggerated, but if truth it shows that this piggy is making a lot of money while Sam can't even afford a flat screen TV over 30 inches.

    Is there anyone that wouldn't change their phone number for $5K (or less)?

    ReplyDelete