2013 Jocktober 11 - Scott & Todd Friday - Big A - Pete Holmes

2013-10-11-OA-64K Hulkshare 
2013-10-11-OA-64K Sharebeast







Start today on some New York citizens charging $5 to view Banksy art. They discuss the effects of graffiti in the city. They listen to the Mighty Horse. Roland got re-tweeted by Paul McCartney. They listen to the Yoko Ono performance on David Letterman. 

Second hour starts on Jocktober and the Scott and Todd show.  Big A stops by with his dentist to get a tongue scraping. Erock throws up.  Pete Holmes in studio today. His new show premiers on TBS Monday, October 28th.

Last ten minutes of the show was a worst of bit. They did not come back live. 

Sam Roberts hosts the Shit Show and it stinks worse than Big A's breath. 

As mentioned on today's show:



Pete Holmes 

35 comments:

  1. listened to the opie free jury duty show. haven't laughed like that in a while. if you think the show runs smoother with that hack in studio - I hope everyone you love gets raped and murdered in front of you. peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe Greg Hughes, the actor that plays the character of Opie should develop a new character that everyone will love. The fact that he keeps going on with this Opie character makes me wonder if he isn't misinterpreting the body language of his audience members (hint, wincing after your every word isn't a sign of affection).

      Delete
    2. Opie is great, trust me Anthony's boring becauseall he talks about his politics. At least with Opie there they can change the subject away from politics and how blacks are the problems.

      Delete
    3. To cereal, viral videos, the woes of being a multimillionaire parent and calling in favors for tickets he can more than afford? Yea thank god!

      PAUSE! Music break time.. holy ffffffffffffffffffffFFFFFFfffffffuck!

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to hear what Big A has been up to, it has been awhile. I just hope he can summarize it down to a single sentence or it is going to take all damn show and we got some Jocktober to get to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh... http://www.complex.com/art-design/2013/10/banksy-beaver

    Ant is an obvious racist but I hope these thugs become a statistic. Thank you, Mr Dalex.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh.. and Sleeves kicks ass, fuck the haters. He is one of the most musically unique people I know of and his podcast is great.

      Delete
    2. Surely Anthony supports these young entreprenegros who have started their own business? He got his, why can't they get theirs? Maybe they can get a Kickstarter campaign going to purchase a better covering. The reveal was kind of ruined for me by the ill fitting piece of cardboard.

      I like Mighty Horse, but to me listening to a Sleeves song is like listening to Garrison Keilor attempt at old timey charm. R.I.P. Mortimer Leaf

      Delete
  4. Big A is the man. When was the last time he was even on the show? I ran into him at the Joe DeRosa roast at The Stand over the summer (yes I know what youre gonna say), and the dude has a ton of pics of Ant's place. The poker table with Ant's name embroidered in it, the raptor. All that shit. Part of me wanted to latch onto him so I can weasel into one of Ant's parties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What you didn't realize is that a part of him wanted to latch onto you and throw you into a pit he has in his house full of his other sex slaves.

      All the obvious creepiness of him aside, isn't it odd that he goes to someone's house and takes a bunch of pictures which might be considered private? He has been chastised before for being spy in the past.

      If you really want to get into one of Anthony's parties grow a pair of tits and have a falling out with your father.

      Delete
    2. [tiptoe xylophone sfx]

      Delete
    3. Poor Big A, a man too lazy to brush his teeth needs charity. I think he could use a good lecture from Anthony on responsibility and maybe some tips on how to get those chompers sparkling with some veneers.

      Delete
  5. yeah looks like its a skip worthy show.

    ReplyDelete
  6. just realized i've never howled from something the opster has said

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

    ReplyDelete
  8. on Jeopardy! tonight
    Clue: "This degree is total B.S."
    Contestant answer: "What is... communications?"

    #Opie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BS? What's that stand for "bachelor of science" or sumtin?

      Delete
  9. @ Edward

    Yeah thank goodness Opie is there to stop what everyone is thinking and get back to talking about how he can't stop his urge to eat lucky charms and how everyone keeps sending him pictures of lucky charms or how he wants to eat pizza but isn't sure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anthony is so fucking annoying in the first 20 minutes of this show. Why can't he put off the blind hate for "black mentality" even for a second. I know Opie is often boring, but Ant is the guy who deserves a slap in the face every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Regarding the curators, they are just aping (sorry) what they see white people do to "get that dollah". They don't understand what they are doing. It is like when a chimp (again, sorry) is dressed as a train conductor. He isn't really going to be running any trains. In both cases, it is cute and funny to see, but it is only a matter of time before someone gets their face ripped off.

      Delete
    2. It really is bananas.. (not sorry).

      Delete
  11. People give Opie crap for running bits into the ground, but Anthony has been making the same race argument at least twice a week for the last several years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An ever increasing societal problem is not the same as a hack radio bit. I get the point you're trying to make but Op's "I'm the radio master" *swing & miss swing & miss TWITTER VIOCE OUT OF DESPERATION * and Ant's issues with the destruction of the family structure and in turn a declining society wrapped in his layer of blatant racism aren't the same.

      Delete
    2. My problem is when Ant doesn't make those race discussions funny. I understand that it's also a talk show but making it entertaining and interesting is a must too.

      Delete
    3. He's definitely a lot more serious now than he used to be regarding it and I find it interesting every time they say Jones yells at his audience about this stuff too much, "If he spoke in a calmer tone he'd be more accepted".

      Ant is just more proof that it's almost impossible to talk about this stuff in a constant NPR zombie tone. Shit's infuriating..

      Delete
    4. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    5. I think a lot of us here know what's going on and all of that, but at the same time, I listen to the show to get some laughs and to make my day better. It's as simple as that for me. If there was anything I could seriously do to make a difference in all that crap that's going on, I would have done so and executed a plan of action.

      If I wanna get all pissed off and riled up about those issues, there are plenty of other radio shows and forums I can go to, like what you've mentioned above. Ant once said that you don't go to CNN for dick jokes.

      Delete
  12. What did everyone think of Pete in studio today? I thought he was pretty damn funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard it yet, but I've purchased his albums. I prefer him to a lot of their regular guys. Pete is one of those guys that makes the rounds on the podcast scene. He always makes me think of TJ Miller and I'm still wondering why he hasn't been back on.

      I might even appreciate the regulars more if they mixed it up with other guys. One of my favorites is when Patton Oswalt comes in. I think of him as a sort of "alternative comic" of the type they always bash, but he is good on the show and can hang with them.

      Delete
    2. He's a funny dude and I really liked the point he made about porn (scratching the itch) but his laugh is like Patton Oswalt's on steroids and PCP.

      Delete
  13. Why would a radio professional like Opie drop the "Yoko Ono wants to have sex with Sean" bit after only mentioning it 15 or 20 times? It was just starting to get traction. I know I wasn't fully on board with the "Sean Lennon looks like his Dad" bit until I heard it for the 30th time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He probably dropped it because it was killing too hard.. studio must've looked like Jonestown with the crushing destruction that gem caused.

      Delete
  14. Replies
    1. Sam Roberts is The Great Satan and must be purged from the airwaves.

      Delete