2013 Jocktober 02 - STAR 94 FM - Paul Williams

2013-10-02-OA-64K Hulkshare 
2013-10-02-JNS-64K Advice Show
2013-10-02-OAJNS-64K Mediafire St
2013-10-02-OAJNS-64K Mediafire Dl






Jimmy's back, Jimmy's back! Kick off today on a knife attack by a homeless man. More on the Fez Jocktober situation from yesterday. Hour two, is a one hour music break. 

More real life GTA as they city make arrests in the biker incident and a brief on the government shutdown. For today's Jocktober we take a look at Star 94 in Atlanta.

Paul Williams joins in studio to talk about writing songs for Three Dog night, collaborations with Daft Punk and his career in the music industry. 

Jim hosts the Advice Show call him at 866-WOW1-WOW (866-969-1969)

As mentioned on today's show: 





Paul Williams in studio.


33 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Paul Williams is 73 and damn sharp. He is good on the show. I just hope Opie leaves him alone and doesn't keep including him in his "lets make a pointless call to a celebrity" bit.

      Delete
  2. Fugitive...more like Jew-gitive or sumtim... "I stole your 10,000 shekels. For your first clue; the place I'm in is very hot, but the sun is not out." Talk about irresponsible radio bits, someone should steal $10,000 for a good cause and say they did it because they heard that show.

    The bit needs some new life, maybe they should make the capture of the fugitive into a "dead or alive" proposition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course Jimmy 'looked' for the the original version of Paul Williams' 'Just An Old Fashioned Love Song' but couldn't find it. It's only the 3rd result on YouTube if you type in 'Just an old fashioned love song'

    I'm glad Jimmy's back but his excuses for not being prepared are pathetic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard the show yet, but what do you mean he isn't prepared? Did he forget to bring in his camera so that he could get a photo after the interview? That doesn't sound like him at all.

      Delete
    2. Ha. I simply mean the Jim Norton couldn't find the only song that Ant exaggerates about this guest beforehand.. because it's a song so obscure that, in 2013, it CANNOT be found.

      Delete
    3. Yes! Jimmy needs to be called out more often. He didn't start participating until about 2 hours in. Jimmy has been slacking but this may be due to these guys not preparing any material for the show.

      Delete
  4. anthony drops his L's too naturally when he imitates black accents.... suspicious

    ReplyDelete
  5. Twitter might be the worst thing to happen to the show in some time. Everyday, " this guy on twitter is an idiot", yes there are dumb people out there. Spending time on them is even dumber.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do not deny Opie his haters. He doesn't have anything else to go on; no viral videos, no Facebook, no Opie and Anthony website. ALL HE HAS IS THE TWITTERS!!

      Delete
    2. You too are correct. All the Twitter talk adds nothing to the show.

      Delete
    3. I think R&F or at least Fez had a Twitter but it hasn't been used at all for the past few years. They do have The Ibang but yesterday's show I didn't hear them bring that up. That's what O&A should use instead. An Ibang like system instead of wasting time with Twitter.

      Delete
    4. I swear there's an O&A site where you send instant feedback but I don't hear them talking about that anymore and of course they won't mention Wackbag or any of those places. A PalTalk reference here and there though.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Opie knows who Pepper "Chris Stanley" Hicks is. They are doing their "who's on first" bit. He may resent him a bit as Pepper kinda replaced Opie's boy (and yes, I meant that most racistly) Earl as the producer on R&F.

      Delete
    2. Haven't heard this one, but I suspect it's in line with The Opester's irritating "Huuuuh? Wha happah?" attitude which is never funny. On that note, the "Wha happah?" thingy was introduced by Ant years ago, and it's connected to, I believe, Bugs Bunny.

      Delete
    3. I thought he was immitating a ghetto Puerto Rican girl with the "wha happen" lol

      Delete
    4. The Opester blocked me on Twitter last year for calling him out on his Huuuh? What? crap. So annoying.

      Delete
  7. The irony of the show making fun of another talking about food when thats what Opie talks about everyday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he does it out of spite of the listeners.

      Delete
    2. You may be right but I don't get that there is no humor value to 'I need to watch my calorie intake' talk. I usually don't say much here but it strick me as odd that slight hypocracy of the thing

      Delete
  8. Opies so proud of his "crazy guy in a strait jacket" idea ...but it keeps bombing ...as usual

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shows like this are such a challenge, editing out of the FUCKING SHIT without destroying the narrative flow. Jesus, it used to be fun when they had fossils on the show, like Buddy Ebsen, but this crap . . . sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These guys take their shots at Fez, but they still pussyfoot around him when it gets serious. They would savage anyone else in the business for doing even one of the things he does (never talks, hack gay character, dull, incompetent, wants to band everything, is a hole that puts the breaks on fun).

    Fez said he was the one that went to management and said he didn't want anything to happen to Troy, but I'm almost certain he was strongly cajoled by Ron into doing so because he knew it was bullshit and that Fez would be even more hated by his colleagues. Fez clearly wanted him fired, and this is a guy that does little for himself and absolutely nothing for anyone else. I do like that he tried to throw a "contingency" of people that actually wanted Troy punished under the bus.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Did Jim really just say it is perfectly acceptable to hide in a closet while your wife has sex with another man as long as you carry a gun to protect yourself? He had some qualms at first that if the guy who has been drinking finds out there is a pervert in the closet may behave erratically, but was completely reassured about the correctness of such an act when the guy said he always has a gun with him. Safety first.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sooo nobody else though Paul Williams sounded hammered?? And jimmy said he's glad Paul is living a sober lifestyle sarcastically twice....??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get your head out of your ass. Stone sober. You must be under 20.

      Delete