2013 Jocktober 04 - 95.5WPLJ - Dan Soder - Taco Day

2013-10-04-OA-64K Sharebeast 







Retrospect over the past 9 years, and not being fired.  They play some old clips and talk about stunts and interviews over the years. 

In the second hour, OP gives a vacationing Erock's phone number over the air and things turn ugly. They continue to bash Erock, then attempt to make things right - with a little cash. 

Dan Soder in studio to discuss football. More Erock bashing ensues. Another edition of Jocktober as they take a look at the Scott & Todd show in NYC. The tacos arrive and the rest of the show is just a bunch of people eating. 

Sam Roberts hosts the Shit Show and I'd rather listen to S&T.  

NOTE: Recently I have been getting a lot of technical-ish tweets thrown at me about this blog. I don't answer them due to the situation over the past year with up loaders getting in trouble. This is friendly reminder to not tweet "what time are you uploading the show?"  "does this work?" "how do I download?" "Is the show up?" Please leave them in the comment section of the blog or in the chat and your question will be answered. Thanks.  - Dalex

As mentioned on today's show: 





45 comments:

  1. Man, I LOVE hearing people eat on the radio -- especially something like tacos. This is gonna be great!

    Many thanks, Dalex!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a fever...and the only prescription is more Denny! I hereby propose December be Den-cember and feature thirty-one days of Denny (ok, the boys will probably take half the month off, but I'll abide).

    ReplyDelete
  3. The guy on the left in that Scott & Todd picture looks like a gay Barack O'Bama.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's Todd, and holy shit he does.

      Delete
    2. The other guy looks like a gay Bruce Jenner.

      Delete
    3. The other guy looks like a fucking Thunderbird. He can't be real.

      Delete
    4. This came to mind:
      http://www.defunctgames.com/pic/level1-jjandjeff1.jpg

      Delete
    5. I didn't know we were allowed to bring TurboGrafx 16 into this, but now that I do, Jimmy kinda looks like Bonk at age 40.

      http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d9/Bonk's_Revenge_cover.jpg
      http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/036/5/4/jim_norton_by_face_in_the_sky-d5biw4r.jpg

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed the Dan Soder. Hope they ask him to come in more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check out the You Know What Dude podcast, he is on there a lot.

      Delete
  5. Too...much...of...Opie's...voice...today. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUCK!

    However, it WAS funny when Opie kept repeating "I'm not stupid" deep into the Erock phone number fiasco.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scott and Todd look like flamers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dan Soder? Tss, what is he Baking's brother or thumthan? Tss tss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you had me fucking laughing at that shitty joke, good one chip

      Delete
    2. Chippah you little mother fuckah, this is Lamar. You stay outta my colt 45 and stop coming on here posting all zooted and shit.

      Delete
    3. Tsss, I'd rather have Dan Seltzer or sumptin'.

      Delete
  8. Back to the topic of what changed on the show, I definitely think the old studio was a MAJOR factor. They used to have a big custom studio, no supervision, and they could bring in listeners. Just think that if instead of a music break to fill time they went and did a little crowd work. The drawbacks are that they had less guests, but they don't have a ton of guests on now, and they didn't get anyone before Roland. Many wouldn't consider a lack of guests a bad thing.

    Also, I kind of liked when they did two different shows. I remember liking "the walkover", but I may just be remembering the highlights like the cake stomp and when Ben the producer spit on a Stern fan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no, the walk over was good. they tended to skip it on days when they had nothing, so the self edited.... i liked listening to the very early shows 9 years ago. it was interesting, and that was also when jimmy and op had the big blow up. jimmy was right too, in his cynical way, when you listen to the topics they were discussing. hugh WAS trying to torpedo them.

      i knew the DAY that they came to sirius that it was going to be a long ride downhill. i knew they would come to where they are now, that's why i'm not really upset about how the show is going. i don't criticize that shit, because i know it's out of their hands. they had their great studio RIPPED from them, and sirius even kept paying for that place for about a year even though nobody was using it.

      sirius fucked them hard. it's hard not to see who who is behind it as well. he must be laughing his ass off at this final stage in his career.

      Delete
    2. O&A are also like pretty girls trying to get by on looks for far too long. "Sure we are always unprepared, but aren't we so endearing?" Listen to their first show on X&M of which they played audio recently. "is this thing on? what is happening? we didn't do any test shows, LOL!" It's always been part of their charm, but it only goes so far, and being spontaneous and creative is not that same starting a lot of shows with "we're late to the show and the mics sound weird, let's spend 5 minutes on air fixing it and bitching". I love the attempts at self awareness too like when Opie says that "nothing has changed in 9 years". It is like a bad movie breaking the 4th wall and admitting it is bad, that doesn't make it good. He peels back that one superficial layer of the onion of shit and never thinks for a second there are more layers, the haters must be wrong...must be...TWITTER VOICE!

      Delete
  9. One telling comment was when they talked about moving to afternoon and Anthony said he wouldn't do it (and he sounded serious). Although, they hate the hours and have talked about wishing they could do afternoons in the past. I expected a thoughtful reason why he wouldn't do that, but all he said was that it was "a step down" (sorry Ron and sometimes Fez show). They are concerned with status, but are also perfectly content to rest on their laurels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the last few years I've become more of a Ron & Fez fan over O&A. Time doesnt matter with all the on demand shit and it's not like ron and fez get awful guests or anything. I can't believe how much smoother that show is with the 2 staff members and one of them being second mic.

      Delete
    2. I like them both but when O&A have an off day, I turn on Ron and Fez myself.

      Delete
  10. So, Stupid gave out EROCK's cellphone number inadvertently today? Followed by "I had some terrific things to say in his voicemail that would have made everyone laugh.". REALLY?!? Did ya, CHIP?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let us not cry for ERock. He is like an obese Mr Magoo. He stumbles through life with a combination of not having talent and putting forth no effort that should doom him to minimum wage yet through continuous streaks of seemingly miraculous luck he manages to always land in favorable situations. To name a few: rich parents, lottery winner (thief), job on a high profile radio show he wasn't qualified for, managed to get raises when XM was blowing through cash before other staff members which means he makes more than anyone else, somehow managed to attract a mate, gets out of work responsibilities through incompetence. This is just another one of those situations, he is going to have to change his phone number, but Opie is going to end paying thousands of dollars through his feelings of guilt.

      Delete
    2. That's a very loquacious thing of you to say especially about a radio show. You really love looking into this stuff a lot though you raised some good points.

      Erock really isn't that fat by the way. Roland makes Erock look like a model in comparison.

      Delete
    3. ERock may not be the fattest man in the world (he doesn't have enough ambition to achieve that), but he is a tubby bitch and on a downward path. Also, calling his fat doesn't just refer to his weight, it is my opinion that ERock has a fat essence. He has the personality and actions of an obese person. He could be more accurately defined using deadly sins of gluttony and sloth, but O&A needs to keep it simple and lowbrow for its audience. If it was my show I wouldn't have him doing silly stunts like the cinnamon challenge but would instead subject him to the tortures in the movie Se7en.

      Delete
  11. It was nice to see the idiot REALLY screw up and be vulnerable and defenseless. I think it's a sign of sociopathic stupidity to think that paying for a vacation fixes it, AND keep mentioning it as if to show off the power of money. The things he does on a daily basis are incredible to say the least

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking recently that Opie way indeed suffer from some sort of sociopathic malady...arrested development?

      Delete
    2. It's called 'being a 'millionaire'.. most of them have been weighed down by their bank accounts and lost touch with reality.

      Same goes for Ant; doesn't plan his own parties, sometimes doesn't even show up, has a dinosaur, borderline pedophile, doesn't even clean his cat's shit box.

      Delete
    3. Anthony couldn't walk a straight line in a field sobriety test, but he sure keeps tight to that line between pedophile and law abiding sexual predator. Oh, were he to ever slip, that would be an interesting show.

      Delete
    4. Weren't they millionaires even in the WNEW and XM days? I really think it has a lot to do with Sirius XM weighing them down.

      Delete
    5. Also because they're getting older too.

      Delete
    6. all those things get to everyone in the end. nothing lasts forever boys.

      Delete
    7. I'm impressed they've been at this for so long even deciding to go with Sirius again after all the shit they did to them. I personally thought this show was excellent. O&A really on top of their game here and Dan Soder was fun too.

      Delete
  12. Where can I keep up to date on the Erock situation?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Guarantee Op's hilarious message to Erock was gonna be a 'Love ya, miss ya'.. so glad he fucked up instead. Probably the funniest thing Op has done in years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ehhh. i don't buy the accident. I think he intentionally did it then regretted it right away. no non-working dump button was ever hit. he had an asshole idea and executed without thinking all the wat though of the reprocusions

      Delete
    2. They say they did hit the dump button, but it is only good for a few seconds. Everyone was still in shock and didn't take initiative, and Anthony said he thought it might have even been a fake number. I think Opie just zoned out not thinking the voice mail would give off the number, I know I was listening to the show and I didn't even pick up on what happened as the number was being read off.

      It was hilarious to know piggy was once again devastated by his hero, and Anthony was on a roll and on fire trashing ERock. I could have done without Opie's excuses and half hearted apologies, he should have just owned it and everyone would have hailed the return of asshole Opie (at least for the air). I don't like asshole Opie that keeps trying to convince everyone he is a great guy now, I also don't like Greg Huhges the actor that plays Opie.

      Best case scenario, ERock quits, but that would never happens. Opie is going to throw money at him, and ERock has a very cushy job. Although, I'd love to think ERock is unemployable, he would likely just stumble into another high paying job he isn't good at, but even that is too much work for him.

      Delete
    3. I'm of much the same mindset.. Op zoning out because I too didn't think twice until something was mentioned. We all know how hard Opie tries for laughs so I can see him with his mind in overdrive thinking up a weak ass bomb as Erock's number went out unawares.

      After all the shit they do to Erock, I doubt Opie (and the rest but mainly Opie especially when he's on holidays) would do something that cunty that could result in a direct retaliation like Erock posting his number on Twitter or putting on his voicemail.

      I think Erock knows Opie fucked up because he didn't do one of those things however I honestly hope Erock isn't as easy as being bought off with a free holiday. If he is then his shallow ass is in good company and he'll continue to get shit on constantly in the hope of a another 'fuck up that brings a payday'.

      Delete
  14. Who is doing the alex jones impression its hilarious??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hint: It sure as shit ain't Opie.

      Delete
    2. Chip does the Alex Jones impression. "The government used the HAARP system to stimulate my prostate or sumtin...I jizzed all over myself...fuck yea"

      Delete
    3. Are you serious? Ant's Alex impression is probably his worse.. unless you don't listen to Alex and therefore don't really know what he sounds like and you've never heard Ant do an impression of Mancow in which case it's fantastic and totally spot on.

      Ant's impression on Alex always reminds me of his early impressions on Bobo when he sounded more like a congested nerd than he did Bobo.

      Delete
  15. You guys really don't think the ERock thing was just a bit? I remember after they were suspended for the homeless Charlie thing Opie saying "NOTHING that happens on radio is by accident." It was funny and sure brought them good social media heat but I think it was just a bit. Of course I'm just a moron though :)

    ReplyDelete