2013 Jocktober 14 - Jim Florentine - Henry Bushkin - Tom Arnold

2013-10-14-OA-64K Sharebeast
2013-10-14-SS-64K  Shit Show







The Morning Jam with Jim and Sam. O&A off today. Jim starts on Johnny Carson's shut in lifestyle. Discussion on who is to blame in entertainment. More discussion on Carson and a murdered playmate. A caller points out that some celebrities don't remember you. Jim Florentine joins today on third mic.

Second hour starts on the death of O&A. The killer of the 'baby hope case' has been caught. They discuss a multiple of other quick topics. 

Henry Bushkin makes his way into the studio.  They discuss the life and times of Johnny Carson. You can order his book here.  

Last break starts on the Banksy street art sale. Tom Arnold drops in to discuss cumsies. 

As mentioned on today's show: 

Henry Bushkin and Johnny Carson. The only photo I could find.


34 comments:

  1. I thought about it, but no, let's just pretend today was a worst of. 3 hours plus of Sam? Not happening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually it was a really good show. Forget what you know about OA or what you expected and just check it out. The second hour was awesome. A very chill show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not going to work Dalex. I'd sooner eat Big A's tongue scrapings on moist toast.

      Delete
  3. Can't wait to hear where O&A are this time...I hope the workhorses didn't break legs and have to be put down.

    I hope the guests are OK with the hosts bailing on them and understand the reverse will not be tolerated under any circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta give props to Jimmy for coming in.

      Ant is sick and Ope's kids are sick. Seems legit to me.

      Delete
    2. Well, "legit" is too strong a word, let's downgrade that to "somewhat plausible". Jimmy's addiction to being around celebrities (and he does love Carson in his fawning way) brought him, Anthony's addiction to alcohol kept him home, and Sam's addiction to "making it" even at the lowest level means he will never miss an opportunity to shine that lackluster Robert's shine.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh Christ. 3 hours of fucking shit ass Sam. fuck man, Sam and his "you know"'s can suck a fucking dick. At least the Cowboys won so Sports Analyst Jimmy won't make an appearance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The day Jimmy was giving Romo, I flip on Burr's podcast to hear, "Fuck all you people that give Romo shit".. made me happy.

      Delete
  6. I will never understand what people have against Sam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well first off his voice is terrible and brings nothing to the show. all he does is reiterate things everyone else on the show says. he stinks

      Delete
    2. Do we really want to hear about how Sam's doctor rubbed HGH on his forehead when he was young and it grew 9 inches? As far as effort goes, Sam is the top grinder on the show and maybe the only one that is really putting in real effort to improve the show and his own situation. He is a great shit stirrer, but he loses me when he goes to pop culture. He blindly worships Rob Zombie yet can't stop talking about dreck like Katy Perry. He realizes wrestling is ridiculous, but he thinks is is actually entertaining. He also genuinely believes that Kanye West is a genius and that he is just being honest when he rambles on and on about himself.

      Delete
    3. the kanye west point of view Sam has is the worst thing about him also he thinks everyone is lazy and he's a hard working man who's talent is unrecognized...he's just average at his job and wwe will never hire him.

      Delete
    4. I think Sam would do well at WWE. The working environment sounds like it may be tough, but it would probably take advantage of his eagerness and work ethic (and maybe burn him out). If they gave Patrice a shot why not Samtime Roberts?

      Delete
  7. Radio is not set up for you to be absolutely in love with everything that touches your precious ears.

    Whiny-ass motherfucking whiners.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My ears are NOT your toilet!

      Delete
    2. It always makes me laugh when people complain about the complaining.

      I used to be one of you... trying to defend a lazy hack on a show that doesn't put in the effort (except for Jimmy) then swears they're of a 'Paul McCartney level' of guest.

      I'm sorry.. go back to Tom Arnold talking about jerking off in hospital.

      Delete
    3. LB = Lil Beavis? Who taught you to talk like that? You heard it from one of Anthony's whores didn't you?

      Delete
    4. MSX - I'll tell you why LB said what he said.

      It's honestly okay to complain about something. But usually, when people complain about something, often more than once, it's less likely they're a repeat customer.

      I've been using this site for a while for my O&A "fix", and EVERY time a show is posted, and i see comments, IMMEDIATELY i'm able to predict the SAME people, ALWAYS shitting on the show. It just stuns me that you continuously listen as if you just love to be angry and shit talk the show. I don't really think at this point, theres anything the show can do to make you same folk happy. If it's not one thing the show does, you pick on the other.

      It's just stunning. I've seen in a previous comment you or R N has made directed to me, you've stated, and i'm paraphrasing, that this is what the "pests" do. If the hosts tell you guys to "attack" someones Facebook, everyone rallies together, and the victim is usually forced to shut down their facebook. Which is fine, because we're all fans. But when pests often turn on the hosts, it strikes me as very odd. You're willing to listen all the time, but so disgusted at the product.

      And then in response you're (or someone) going to tell me that i should fuck myself or something insulting because i'm complaining about the complainers blah blah. I get it. You're trying to be all edgy and "Ha! Take that fucker" kinda guy.

      Delete
    5. You should take everything you read with a huge grain of salt, and then cut yourself open and rub that salt in the wound. See, now isn't that even worse than going and fucking yourself?

      This subject has been tackled a few times, and isn't terribly interesting, but you seem genuine and to be looking for an answer. People are bitching/letting off steam/having fun/etc. The show itself is largely a bitch fest with hosts that put in no effort and don't even show up physically for the least demanding job a person can have. That frustrates people that love the show, and while some of these people may have a romantic ideal of the show ("they were bettter back when..."), I think it is pretty obvious they have went downhill and didn't just change direction or mature. I'll go back to the idea of the show attracting fans with similar sensibilities, the show attacks everyone and has a month dedicated to doing that. They are also VERY forefully hypocritical and that opens them up for a little ribbing (or to full out rocket attacks). Think about how much Jim attacks Derek Jeter for not taking a photo with him at a charity event...the guy was doing something for charity and he is a dick because he politely blew off a pasty slug that wanted a photo. If a hero like that can be attacked for something so small what makes a show full of hypocrites that tell dick jokes so sacrosanct? Many of the posters may even have abused wife syndrome and keep hoping things will be different the next show...they promised they would change. These people may eventually fall off. Have there been posters here that post the same thing for months on end or just a few weeks and then go away? Personally, I don't go in for hero worship, if I like something and it has done good work I will give the benefit of the doubt, but the goodwill doesn't go on forever, and I can think critically about that thing.

      I could go on, but I'll leave you with the idea that some people are annoyed with the show but that doesn't mean they don't enjoy it or even enjoy the idea of bashing it. I've actually taken both sides of issues just to amuse myself (I love Sam but wish he was dead). Maybe you could comment and get some positivity going? Opie sure has made some strides since he went to that meditation class, am I right?

      Delete
  8. sam is only good in small doses, like ricin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish listening to Sam Roberts would bring about a quick death as a release from the torture, however, it is more like water boarding and it is only a matter of time before it eventually breaks you. It's biology.

      Delete
  9. Damn.. no DLR, no deal. Fuck Saaaaam in his weird neanderthal face.

    Thanks, Dalex.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anyone ever wonder - or give a shit - what the F Opie's wife does for their children? Can she NOT handle a friggin' sick child? Holy shit.

    Guess she is nothing more than a broodmare, & he is the caretaker ... like they could not afford some part-time help so he could actually maybe make it to work for 10 consecutive "On-Air" days.

    (Anthony is a separate annoyance.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he probably just uses it as an excuse ...or to look like a good father to his wife who's half his age..maybe scared she's gonna leave him and take his money...and we all know that would kill opie (cuz he's cheap)

      Delete
    2. Don't you know that laughter is the best medicine (Opie) and looking pretty is the second best medicine (his wife)? For all we know he has a nanny and doesn't talk about it. He used to talk about his cleaning lady a lot back before he even had kids. It must be hell for a wife to keep a small NY city apartment clean.

      Delete
    3. oh i can't wait until the divorce comes and he loses half his money. it would make me smile, remembering every bet he tried to weasel out on and every intern he promised money to for doing a bit and never payed off.

      it really would DESTROY him.

      i bet she'll bring up the fact that she had to sit in a freezing passenger seat in a jeep with no passenger side heating during new york winters. for YEARS until he bought a new vehicle.

      of course, paying her way through photography classes in college evens it out, if you ask me.

      Delete
    4. I think if any of the boys can maintain a marriage it is him since he really seems to want it to work. Of course, once the radio gig is over and he starts going through his "Fuck you" money it may be different. I just hope for his sake she doesn't become too "accustomed to a high standard of living", and considering she has him buying designer cakes for a baby's birthday party and renting beach houses in the Hamptons, I'm afraid it may be too late. Divorce isn't the only option these days as we live in a tolerant society where the family dynamic is flexible. I think Opie will make an uneasy transition into a cuck role while his wife entertains bulls. I don't think he will ever go in for full service prepping as he is from an older generation (the 80s) and this is all a bit new to him, but he will watch his wife get reamed out of love for her. He is going to have a much harder time dealing with Anthony dating his daughter in 14 years.

      Delete
    5. Lindsay is NOT hott. This is not to create animosity here - I enjoy it here -, but I do not know what you have seen of her, but I actually did. "Half his/her age" does not auto-equal good-looking.

      One thing always has stuck with me ... the day a couple years ago he ripped a guy on the phone - Victor -, & his Mother by-proxy for giving birth to a "Victor" ... someone named Victor coming out of here 'Slip-'n-Slide pussy/cunt ... After that, I had to see Mrs. Hughes ... & imagine her Slip-'n-Slide box that popped out Master Hudson Hughes. Not impressed, ... an I am the furthest thing from an asshole. But, really, ...

      Delete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sam really does have some nerve putting on a shit show after what was in essence a shit show. I didn't know they stacked shit that high... It isn't a good start when you have ERock the consumption piggy talking about dolls he bought at ComicalCon. I'm trying to imagine anything closer to hell on earth than a geek flea market.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Folks, don't worry. It's Columbus Day, when we pay homage to a man who "discovered" America without knowing he was about 15,000 years late to the party. If banks, post offices and Congress can take today off, why can't Our Beloved Hosts do the same?

    ReplyDelete
  14. http://www.hargisfamilydental.com/www.HargisFamilyDental.com/Home.html

    Has this ever been noticed before? Because that guy even looks like Uncle Paul and has kids in his pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  15. haha it sounded like they were being admonished by the old man a few times in the interview.

    ReplyDelete