2013 Jocktober 18 - Scott & Todd Friday - Pat Cooper

2013-10-18-OA-64K Sharebeast
2013-10-18-OASS-64K Hulkshare St
2013-10-18-OASS-64K Hulkshare Dl









Start today on asshole bootleggers that steal the show. Woman's asses. A new Kim Kardashian photo hits instagram NSFW. OP has to throw away his jeans. A voice mail from a man who witnesses an accident. They take a look at the new Lego movie trailer.

Second hour: OP wants to do bits that would have been on WNEW.  A music break takes us to Jocktober and today it's Scott & Todd Friday. CNN is reporting that a real life Yeti is alive and they intend to find it. Whispen Cornholder. 

Pat Cooper in studio today to talk about his special announcement, and his doctor telling him to loose weight. He continues to trash everyone on the show.

Sam Roberts hosts the Shit Show. Hopefully Pat Cooper is his guest so Sam can't say anything at all.

As mentioned on today's show: 






Pat Cooper 

31 comments:

  1. If they mean websites like this with the bootlegging comment, then they really don't understand how helpful places like this are to getting new people to listen to the show. If it weren't for YouTube clips and stuff, I doubt I would have ever found the show in the first place.

    Thank you Dalex for your service! Can't wait to listen to Pat Cooper again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, people spread the good word about O&A every day on this site. "Whose this Opie guy everyone seems to despise with a passion? I'd love to hear what he is all about."

      You can't really justify copyright infringement. Even if the system worked perfectly with the additional exposure resulting in people that get a "free sample" becoming subscribers, it is still theft. Corporations are much more interested in controlling their product and filling the corporate coffers than putting it out there and relying on the honor system.

      Delete
    2. For a long time I had an XM Inno unit (got XM only for O&A) but never used it, because it was very limited in terms of recording the show. Instead I download the show that night and listen to it the next day on my Ipod. I love the ability to play the show from the beginning anytime and pause the show whenever I want.

      I have been doing since before their "online app" came around, which according to the ENTIRE O&A staff never works properly (doesnt load/freezing/repeats audio). Why would I pay for a service that the main guys say has daily issues?

      I should probably pay for Audible, but sometimes it is not uploaded until the next day, which is strange considering this site usually has it up only a few hours after the broadcast ends.

      Delete
    3. I've had no problems with their online app if it's the Internet radio player you're talking about. It's actually pretty cool being able to pause the show live and being able to skip around. I'm looking to get a portable radio unit soon especially since there's a discount for it right now and stuff.

      Delete
  2. I highly doubt they give a care. Sounds like they were just appeasing a corporate request.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems most likely. Fuck the Sirius XM lawyers.

      Delete
  3. I started listening to O&A by downloading episodes from sites like this. After downloading a couple months of episodes I fell in love with the show enough to decide that I wanted to support it and I got SXM. I've had it for over a year now and I listen to the show daily, only reason I come to this site now because I love reading the wrap up and I like downloading bits I enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no denying that happens, but it is hard to measure, and what about those that never pay (both from the perspective of the company of from those that do pay)? It is ultimately the company's right to determine how their content is accessed, and that is only getting worse (software, ebooks, and new consoles, they only license your content in an attempt to kill the resale market maybe more than stopping piracy). If the company wanted to charge $10K to listen to O&A and you stole the show and sent them $9,999 you would still have committed a crime, although you may only get community service working on Anthony's plantation.

      The company would argue they give away enough content, especially now that there is a podcast. How many people were brought in after hearing the "nugget"? Opie would argue that it is all his viral videos that are brining people in. Howard would argue that every subscriber past and present is there because of him.

      I'd love to just have the company provide me a download link every day as part of the subscription. They have that, but last time I checked all they had was Audible but I think that was outside of the subscription and not always timely.

      Delete
    2. I just signed up for Sirius XM's Internet radio service for the reasons listed above. Supporting the show and having somewhere else to listen to the show just in case something bad happens to this site. Also there's a lot of stuff that they offer besides O&A. 14 bucks a month doesn't seem too bad and they have other plans on the site too (quarterly, annually, etc.).

      Delete
  4. Please tell me that the inclusion of that hack "Bible Thumpin' Grannies" recording is part of Scott & Todd's Jocktober. Although Snopes has labeled it as "UNDETERMINED" (I'm embarrassed that I took the time to even look), if you can't tell that this is fake, you're a moron. If it made you laugh, petition Sirius for an Opie channel and then die. Prep-burger quality dreck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was obviously fake and over the top. i don't think anyone would deny that now. but i do think it was well done compared to many other fake radio bits. the quality of his acting was fine, just that the material was weird.

      if they had done a few things different strategically, like delayed the time when the "action" started, i bet it would have gone over as real. I'm from dallas and there really is a sort of authenticity to his cadence and delivery. i feel like i've heard him and guys like him before. but maybe that's just me.

      the bible part was fucking stupid.

      Delete
  5. alright we get it! old men like flat little girl asses! enough already.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have yet to listen to this stream but I see corporate has been complaining about "illegal downloads." I have a subscription now for 4 years and if it weren't for the added fee to listen online (i.e. when it works), I would have no need for sites like this. You're doing a great job making more people aware of O&A and if anything this will help with more subscriptions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's 2013 and not only does this show still not have a website but it's still only available to the US and Canada without sites like this. Fuck Sirius/XM and their lack of business knowledge on almost everything they do.

    If Sirius/XM think a crappy one hour podcast per week is going to satisfy then they really are fucking stupid and this show is only hurting itself by staying in this restricted corporate box purely for the money.

    All that said, I haven't listened to the show yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed 100%. I would have wanted them to have left Sirius XM last year if this is how it's gonna be, but a lot of people have said podcasts wouldn't work and it would be too difficult for them to try to start up their own company and bring their show to the internet.

      Delete
    2. I honestly don't think them going off on their own would be that difficult and no-one will ever convince me that they wouldn't be much more successful with a Rogan type visual element even if they went to route that Rogan does hours wise.. 2 or 3 3hr shows per week.

      Part of me thinks it's laziness on the shows part but also fear on the shows part despite all the bitching of wanting bigger, better things.

      Delete
    3. Keep in mind brother man.they forget musoc breaks constantly that they've done . E rock seems to be the only one who remembees them doing the hack music breaks.

      Delete
    4. Yeah. I think if O&A had enough patience and were willing to put in a lot of planning and work into it, they could say fuck you to Wall Street and Sirius XM, start the company and bring the show to the Internet. There have already been radio guys who have sort of done stuff like that, so I don't see why they possibly wouldn't have a chance. Sure they probably wouldn't make as much but holy shit, look at all the creative freedom they'd be getting.

      Another common excuse that I've read here is that Opie has kids to feed and Ant's poker and drinking habits would hinder their ability to do so.

      Delete
  8. How does not one of the 3 hosts realize they've played that very famous voicemail call before? It's easily 4yrs old, according to Snopes it's 5 or 6 years old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I'm glad a caller mentioned it's 10yrs old.

      Delete
    2. I was embarassed for the Opster and how he was the only one laughing... and how he kept chuckling through the _entire_ bit. Oof.

      Delete
  9. Has anyone ever wondered what the true meaning behind jims photo obesession is? He says he doesn't care about the celebrities, yet is obsessed with getting a photo is it to show off to people? (Don't know who he seems to only interact with hookers n comedians) or is he a giant hypocrite? I can just picture after he dies someone going thru his stuff and just without thinking tossing out his sad prized possessions that truely mean nothing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never cared enough to analyze it.

      Delete
    2. Being a fat teen girl with OCD in a twink boy body.... is my guess.

      Delete
    3. I cringed after Jim ran out of the studio when the staff told him who Chad Kroeger (Nickelback) was. He was standing right next to him in the studio and didnt give a shit, until someone told Jim he was a celebrity, then his "obsession" kicked in and he immediately NEEDED that photo. How embarrassing.

      Delete
    4. Thats what will happen Jimmy doesnt have kids so he will probably leave all his stuff to his nephew and the nephew at first will put all the pictures in a box and then eventually after a few years after that he will probably throw them in the trash

      Delete
  10. I really wish Bobo would lose his fucking phone. He is the most hateably unaware person I've ever heard in my life.. how people find him funny I'll never know.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pat Cooper would be great on a podcast

    ReplyDelete