2013 Jocktober 08 - Q102

2013-10-08-OA-64K Sharebeast

2013-10-08-OASS-64K Hulkshare ST
2013-10-08-OASS-64K Hulkshare Dl







Kick off today on some brief football discussion. They take a crack at Columbo jokes. The estate sale of Curt Schilling. They review his bad investment in a video game that broke him. 

They Continue on the Curt Schilling debt. Paul McCartney coming to SXM. An old interview is replayed. They discuss the letter Sinead O'Connor wrote a third to Miley Cyrus asking her to not prostitute herself. Close second hour on Miley's SNL appearance.  Howard’s segment on kittens

Jocktober today is on Q102 in Cincinnati. Jocktober is now accepting clips of local holes. You can send them to @notsam on twitter. 

We find out some more info on the Erock phone number ordeal from last Friday.  Jimmy gets his photo with Paul McCartney. They close with trying to make it right with Erock. 

Sam Roberts hosts the Shit Show and at his estate sale, it is a bunch toy wrestlers and a shitty, small, T.V. 

As mentioned on today's show: 









Erock's vacation photo's are a hit!

56 comments:

  1. As you know, October is Breast Cancer Awareness month and that makes this the perfect time to focus on a boob that is a cancer to the show, ERock. It is my opinion that the worst part of Opie's mistake is that it gave ERock sympathy, and more importantly, leverage. Now we have to deal with Opie and his bumbling attempts to make it right while ERock feels justified in being silent (which is about as interesting as when he talks) when they try to get information out of him which was always pulling teeth anyway.

    I think he should be excised from the show, of course, I would prefer he fired unceremoniously, but they seem unable to fire anyone for incompetence, and ERock will never management a reason by going after a boss or calling another employee a faggot, so they are stuck with him. The second option is to just let him slink into the shadows and quietly do his duty as a button pusher and gloss over the many the times he has to leave his post unattended for shit breaks.

    I just think of all the wasted time trying to squeeze entertainment from a stone and of all the fat jokes that should be directed at Roland and I weep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd rather have five Erocks than one Opie.

      Delete
    2. The worst part of the show is seeing your comments everyday.

      Delete
    3. I appreciate RN's comments but I disagree on Erock. I personaly like erock. I'd rather have 5 erocks then one opie too! But I'll settle for just NO SAM!

      Delete
    4. Yeah, well I personally think you are way off on Erock. Maybe you are new to the show. My only real complaint about Erock is that he doesn't punch back enough.

      Delete
    5. Five ERocks? Where would you put them?

      My thoughts on ERock are that he is so dull that he should just be behind the scenes, and maybe he would actually prefer that, but the show keeps pulling him in. I'd say he is harmless, but I don't like seeing people get ahead without talent and effort, and noone on the staff seems to actually like him. I would welcome any refutation of that point.

      I can't recall a single thing he has ever done that was interesting. He did a few half hearted stunts, but most of his bits are him just sitting there silently or giving one word answers. The only thing that keeps him relevant on the show are his lies and incompetence being exposed and the whole fat thing which is by far his biggest contribution. The fat jokes don't need him at all as he doesn't even respond to them. The fat jokes could be applied to anyone, I'd rather see Roland trashed as he seems more deserving because he actually is fat and he is a dick.

      Delete
    6. Since I'm on the subject, allow me to compare two different types of fat and incompetent radio personalities. Steve C and ERock. Both took a lot of shit. Steve C was a hard worker, tried to stay in shape whether through working out or taking vast amounts of supplements that caused him to sweat profusely. He also produced a lot of content some of competent, some good, and some hilariously bad. He contributed to classic bits like Ramone. He took ribbing in stride some days when he knew he couldn't win and other days he fought back viciously both against the hosts and his staff. ERock just takes it, he isn't passionate enough to fight back, and he isn't clever enough to make it funny. There is only so much you can do with a lump.

      Delete
    7. Sorry man but I love Erock. He doesn't need to be picked on as much as he is though. Erock is also 1000x better than Sam will ever be.

      Delete
    8. No. Let's get rid of Sam. He's a cancer on my ears. His voice, his content, his delivery is stage 4 metastatic cancer to my ear drums. He's funny in exceedingly rare moments. He's uninteresting. He likes wrestling and its dolls. I saw a clip about a WWE wrestler taking out a green sock, putting it on, calling it a "snake" and then assholes ringside were playing the fucking flute to tame this "snake." They even made the "snake" bite the wrestler who was attached to it. Really? Adult men like this??

      Delete
    9. To be fair to Sam, he has some awareness of the ridiculousness of wrestling and has no problem making light of the fact the many wrestlers don't live past 40. ERock on the other hand also loves wrestling and collects the dollars, however, he has never brought that to the show, oh, and it is still real to him...

      Yet another case of ERock not being able to talk about his interest or make it interesting. The only value to be found here is when Sam drags it out of him by saying he writes wrestling fan fiction (which may even be true), and when the show found a secret website he had where he listed Hulk Hogan as a hero.

      That goes back to my other point, ERock is just a straw man for people to project things on (like the fat jokes). Much of what we think of as being funny about ERock is actually things Sam made up like the being from Florida and driving a boat to school, the mass consumption of coke floats, writing wrestling fan fiction, etc. ERock wouldn't even have a personality if Sam hadn't created one for him.

      Delete
    10. Erock is like a lot of us. He just wants to go to his job behind the scenes and be left alone. But no, frenemy sam has to throw him under the bus all the time. And his bosses have to constantly beraid him. Yes he should fight back more but remember, Opie can't take the criticism. Just like roland. I think people know roland would turn into a teary eyed mess if they went after him so they don't.

      And fuck diva jimmy for blabbering about his picture with a beettle.

      Ps. Rolando is def. A queeb

      Delete
    11. Sam doesn't bug me, but his rap demo is unforgivable: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9MBvmxkF2g

      Delete
    12. Junior Mint...eh. I can think of another refreshing product that is much more apt. "My name is Junior Douche and I'm here to say..."

      As bad he is today, he was much worse then, so that shows a lot of growth. He makes fun of everyone, but he takes a ton of abuse, and he isn't afraid to put himself out there by bringing something like this to the show.

      Delete
  2. Opie actually said yesterday..."I gotta believe that the world is more than...2,000 years old. I just GOTTA! I'm SORRY!"

    Ant/Jim: "6,000."

    Opie: "6,000. It's more than 6,000 years old."


    Ugh. Opie is a such a dummy. Like really dumb. Not intelligent. That's why I laughed out loud the other day when he proclaimed, "TRUST ME..if it's one thing I'm NOT it's stupid!"

    BAHAHAHAHHAAAAA!

    Opie attacks, criticizes, hates, screams, and uses that high whiny voice thing, whenever he sees something that reminds him of himself. He thinks he can hide all of these things, but it's the most basic psychological concept that exists.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "If the world was created from nothing, where did science come from?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Opie said a lot of stupid shit yesterday, but that statement was by far the most teeth-grindingly awful.I don't dislike Opie as much as most here seem to, but when he tries to be smart and deep and insightful, it's just nauseating.

      Delete
    2. I took that as a 100% joke from Opie. God, I hope I'm right.

      Delete
    3. I can't stand when he begins his religion and god talk and all he ever says is "i dunno, i dunno." How about have some fucking balls and say its fucking horse shit; why else bring it up if you're not leaning in that direction? Jimmy says it, unequivocally.

      Plus, I am a father; no one in my family can convince me to baptize my kid simply because the "elders" of the family want that. Opie, they're your kids, stop going along with what "the philly crew" want.

      Delete
    4. That was not a joke. The man is a fuckin' dunce. I'm TELLING you!!

      Delete
  4. Just curious about what your guy's thoughts are on Rolando... I liked him when I first started listening but now when he comes on he's started to annoy me. Seems like his shitty stupid talking is more forced the more attention he gets about it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think his dumb voice is partly being he's severely overweight and also because, even when he was thin, he looks like a progeria boy with HIV. Similar to how all dwarfs have that higher pitched voice, he has obese progeria AIDS voice.

      That said, Roland is unimportant in my opinion.. he books the guests that the 'talent' doesn't prep for. The most boring parts of this show for me are always the interviews and Colin Quinn summed it up perfectly last week; the fun stops while Jimmy pretends he's Barbara Walters asking inane questions he thinks are hard hitting.

      Roland is a disaster.. an obese foodie (who'da thunk it) with a mush mouth that provides guests to the unprepared and food to a radio show. Oh, and he's in the closet big time.

      Delete
    2. I'm not really sure what makes him good at his job as he seems unpleasant in dress, appearance, manners, and the guests they get. Although, I'm sure getting big names on a radio show is a tough sell. I wonder if Howard has his own booker? Roland may be completely unimportant, especially considering a good deal of people don't even like their interviews.

      I don't like his constant stressing over things involving booking or management which seem a bit exaggerated, especially considering the show he works for. Also, his "angry pandy" personality is grating as he gets a pass for everything because people are afraid of getting into it with him.

      If he loses this Job he could work full time arranging photo ops for Jim.

      Delete
  5. a lot of hate today...so I'll join in!theyre clearly talking about shit they were gonna get to yesterday...and jim was complaining how other shows are so lazy?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What has always amazed me about this show during Jocktober is that they consider 'Phase 1' where the target show disables posts on their FB wall leaving only the ability to comment on previous posts a victory yet this show has NEVER allowed wall posts.. ever.

    And (SPOILER ALERT) the way they ended the show on a 'Days of Our Lives' cliff hanger in regards to the amount Opie apparently "owes" Erock makes me now believe 100% that it's a bit. The stalling made me want to scream.. even more than OCD fanboy fucking Jim derailing the Erock talk with his stupid photo bullshit. Him and his obsession really is becoming unbearable.

    And fuck Denny in his asshole.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Denny is okay in small doses but he's been on way too much.

      Sorry to see you so pissed off like this by the way.

      Delete
    2. Is Jimmy friends with Paul McCartney? That is what it means you take a photo with someone, right? I'm sure he'll always cherish the memory of taking a photo with a guy who would rather be doing anything but taking a photo with him.

      Denny is the man. This is probably his first real taste of fame, and I think he is hooked. I'm still hoping Bobo steals his "hard drive of hits" so they can do a "Hard Drive of Hits Fugitive" bit before the end of Jocktober.

      Delete
    3. I really love Denny's enthusiasm. And he's getting a little more goofy as of late. Good man.

      Delete
    4. I don't mind Denny when he's on for like 10 minutes once a week, it's when he gets comfortable or the talent needs to fill time that he becomes nails on a chalkboard. Danny is an asshole but the one thing I can't fault him on is making it obvious (to me at least) that they use music breaks to fill time and now whenever I hear Denny, I think the same thing.

      Jim's photo obsession and this nonsense with Erock's dumb phone number is embarrassing. Jimmy runs around during the show getting photos with celebrities like a 10yo with an autograph book then bitches because Erock takes a shit while the show is on? Gimme a break.

      Delete
  7. the show kinda stinks now ....aids .... I usually forward and finish within half n hour these days......aids......Ron and fez a much better program ...aids.....this show is full of lazy ppl that don't prep a show for its listeners and just it's showing. still gonna listen outa habit but the shows are getting shorter for me everyday. the boys have turned into old ladies ...how sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even like thinking about it, but yeah, R&F I've been tuning into a lot more lately. There are some things I don't like about it, but they seem to try a lot more for less pay. There's at least one other show that I need to start listening regularly to again especially when O&A are sucking, and I mainly haven't been listening to that cause of lack of time.

      Delete
    2. Polloshermanos said wht my daily feeling is (did I word that correctly?). Habit is all I have left at this point. I can still tolerate Ant & Jim (except for the stupid photo obsession), but opie seems to make me bitter and angry with every stupid word he utters. I need a new show!

      Delete
  8. Line of the day:

    "Fitting her whole fist in her mouth."

    "Alright! How 'bout mine?"

    ReplyDelete
  9. I actually liked KOA: Reckoning. The big mistake that all his money investing dummy did was release it THREE MONTHS after Skyrim came out. Another open world fantasy game releasing after probably one of the biggest open world fantasy games was a silly error.

    I remember reading a comment from him in an interview about it which he said something along the lines of 'The biggest challenge we're gonna have is people saying "Nah, I'm going to keep playhing Skyrim."'

    His game was actually very good. It wasn't some pussy boy easy game. Quite violent, quite challenging and the open world was huge with a lot to do.

    Just bad marketing to release it at the time he did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a hunch you were a KOA player, now if you'll just admit to being a pedophile I'll be 2 for 2.

      I felt bad for Curt Schilling during that segment. He had it, and he went with it. I can only assume he believed in what he was doing and ran a legit company and that it wasn't some crazy vanity thing bordering on a scam (like Lenny Dykstra's projects). He employed a lot of people, but on the other hand, the tax payers are going to be screwed if he got money from the state, and he may have got the money fraudulently to some extent, although I wouldn't put it past the state to say that to try and cover their own ass.

      At least he wasn't paying thugs to be in his entourage or even doing something as stupid as buying a dinosaur statue for his yard.

      Delete
    2. i love hearing how misinformed the old men that know nothing about video games are on this subject, and sam didn't know shit about it either. KOA was hailed as a great game by pretty much everyone. I played it and it really was interesting. i never got all the way through, for lack of time, but it seemed pretty deep overall.

      seems to me the fault of the game and schilling's woes are all from the business side of things.

      Delete
    3. I'm more than sure that Ant never played GTA V long enough to even know who Trevor is.

      Delete
  10. You guys sat through the God talk yesterday? I just FF til it stopped...they've done that break so many times, and whether you believe or not is none of my business, and IMO there's no comedy in those breaks worth waiting for.

    I was surprised that the Boooys taking the boots to Howie a little was not in the run-down...That was sadly so on point, the H-man hasn't been regularly hilarious, (like Ant & Jim are most days) since the late 90s. All stories with no pay off, Fred laughing like a tard, unfunny super gay Sal and Richard bits, fake phoney phone calls, gross songs about banging a _63_ yr old Robin...His interviews are still quite good though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i have skipped those discussions for years on OA and on RF, because I generally could care less what they have to say on the matter. they're always dead wrong, and that is not a field they are strong in. i started doing that with future jimmy too. i find the character funny, but jimmy sounds so dumb when he starts quoting kaku or kurzweil. i've read them myself, and he kind of misses the point.

    so when these shows try to act a little smarter, i tend to glaze over for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I'm not listening to this show for any serious discussion. I listen mainly for laughs. The religion talk they've done many times as noted so it didn't seem like there was anything new in this latest talk.

      Delete
  12. A show with two women? "Double Holes cocksuckah! Now get in the kitchen and make me two breakfasts and try not to get cooter juice on them."

    I did a search for that show and one of the top images is a woman with two black eyes. Not sure if that was brought up, but it made me laugh when I think of how some woman just seem to fall down the stairs a lot. http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_w9HtZeKcu0U/SZv4o3xzVTI/AAAAAAAAA8M/6xCI-znSCXE/s1600-h/Fritsch+black+eye.jpg

    For those that like Jocktober, remember that Sam is the driving force, and I get the impression he does most of the work. I don't mean to imply the hosts do any work, of course they don't, but I don't think ERock and TStorm contribute. Sam has the perfect brutal sensibility to find the good stuff. I can't imagine anyone else pulling it off.

    ReplyDelete
  13. this jocktober seemed fun even though I had no idea what they were laughing at ...no posts in their twitter accounts or even discription as they're historically laughing ...way to fill in the audience..opie shit talks Howard for talking about cats for an hour but he can talk about his wife n kids n hour a day for weeks on end. Does he think we're enjoying it?

    ReplyDelete
  14. No bobby? no vos? Patrice dead..no burr? Colin mostly phones in...all they have left is shit derosa ..how sad...at least bring soder more in,he's way better than derosa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Look at all these comments! This blog should have a forum so discussions spreading multiple shows can be organized into such topics as "Opie sucks" and "I like Erock".
    Seriously a forum would be cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this blog is picking up heat. that could be bad if sirius finds it, i assume. unless they're not being as strict lately.

      Delete
    2. Most of the posts are just Dalex arguing with himself under different usernames.

      Delete
  16. All u people have way to much time on your hands just listen to the show and stop commenting on every little detail we get it opie sux

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine you stepped away from your work towards a cancer cure to post that gem.

      Delete
    2. hey kihOshk ill die after I fuck ur mom . At least I don't post about every little thing that happens on the show talk about no life

      Delete
  17. Notice how Opie STILL attacks longevity in someone's career? So threatened by the possible end of his own...even though he insists he's quitting. So scared of irrelevance. All the while claiming he couldn't be happier in his own life (did you hear? He's the father of a 3 year old and a 1 year old). And is a kinder, gentler, more understanding soul since he (JUST LIKE HOWARD) started doing TM.

    Well, Mr Attack-what-he-feels-threatened-by couldn't contain the hypocritical venom for Hoo Hoo...then took a little time to spray bile toward Jenny McCarthy, because she's still around.

    Will SOMEONE give little Gregg a hug already? He weewy, weewy needs one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll always say Jenny mccarthy deserves it. It's the height of stupidity to not get vaccinated. The downfall of such a wealthy and prominent civilization, where one can choose to opt out of conveniences and good sense.

      Let's live without electricity maaaaaan, who needs underarm deodorant, we can grow our own food etc etc.

      Delete
    2. I don't think he attacked her on her anti vaccination campaign, which he probably isn't even aware of. I do wonder if the Philly Crew gave Opie the go ahead to vaccinate his own kids. I don't want him to catch some disease we thought was eradicated where Opetta is patient zero.

      They have always attacked Howard, however, in the last few years they have become a lot like Howard. The "workhouses" take a lot of vacation along with the relatively new phenomenon of shows with one or more hosts missing. Opie even went for the 4 day work week he had bashed Howard on in the past (and even his own staff). Then you have the Hamptons thing. One thing I like is when he makes a statement against Howard, realizes (there is some self awareness) that his show does that as well, and then backtracks a bit. "Well, we only do 20 minutes on cat talk, Howard does 2 hours". I'm sure the Howard segment was boring, but at least it was for a good cause, although an even better cause is drowning unwanted kittens in a sack if you ask me.

      Delete
    3. Pepper hicks is the true work centaur

      Delete
  18. OK, I love hating on Opie; in fact I compare my enjoyment of the douche-chills he gives me when he says some stupid shit to the discomfort that Ant gets at uncomfortable situations. That said, just got through the "Curt Schilling" bit; I was really disturbed today by Opie's "Curt Schilling List". Not sure how well he knows Curt, but he intimated today that he knew him well enough that he considered Curt a good guy from the "Geneseeo Days". He's probably exaggerating this. It's one thing to goof on the poor guy's downfall (Jim and Ant cracked me up), but keeping mind Opie's boasts of knowing this "good guy" from "back in the day", listening to him gaffawing about this while also rushing the guys through his list ("C'mon, let's get through this, there are 50 more to go!"), as if completing the list was more important than Jim and Ant creating comedy, made me hate him more than ever. Go to a caller, you non-contributing sociopathic hack!

    ReplyDelete