2013-09-23-OA-64K Mediafire ST
2013-09-23-OA-64K Mediafire DL
2013-09-23-OASS-64K Mediafire ST
2013-09-23-OASS-64K Mediafire DL
2013-09-23-OA-64K MEGA
2013-09-23-OASS-64K Mediafire ST
2013-09-23-OASS-64K Mediafire DL
2013-09-23-OA-64K MEGA
Start today on a goalie fight from last night. They discuss some new rules in hockey fights. A review of Metallica at the Apollo. The burnout of playing the same songs over the years. Leaving events early. Jimmy wants a picture with Metallica.
Jim Florentine in studio as they discuss Apple, Metallica and football. They discuss the Apollo show extensively.
Jimmy still wants his photo. Metallica is at the office, but are not allowed to partake with O&A. They discuss how to get a photo with a band, and Anthony battles a caller on lightning strikes at stadiums.
Tony fucking Danza in studio. They discuss his career and the history of television.
Sam Roberts hosts the Shit Show today and unfortunately, is not beat down by an entire hockey team.
As mentioned on today's show:


The Jim Florentine appearance should be more than enough to make up for any music breaks that occurred today. The show was in a dry spell earlier in the year and Tequila and Donuts day and the Gay Off really helped to bring some energy back into the show for quite a while.
ReplyDeleteWord. Florentine is always great on the show. I still go back occasionally and listen to his fantasy football rant.
DeleteHow painful is air guitar talk?
ReplyDeleteNot as painful as witnessing a 50yo doing it.
DeleteThe Amazing Opie strikes again. What insight! What good ol' fashioned learned-it-on-the-streets intelligence. Calls it a bench-clearing brawl many times...see...cause he's been to an Islanders game or two...even though it is in no way a bench-clearing brawl. The guy's brain is just full of knowledge.
ReplyDeletetsss... yeah, like stupid knowledge or sumthin....
ReplyDeleteWow...jimmy is fuckn annoying as fuck today.embarrassing.
ReplyDeleteYeah, he's a loser. But he's OUR loser
ReplyDelete"You know, I don't know how to download the podcast, can I do it through an app on my phone?" - Patty
ReplyDeleteShe sounded exactly like an actor playing stupid on a commercial even down to her tone (as Anthony mentioned), but alas, she really is an idiot. Much like people wonder what a dog is thinking, I wonder what must be going through someone like Patty's head. I'd love to see a documentary on her, meet her cat, find out how much of her salary goes to taking care of said cat, ride the jitney with her to the casino and watch her play quarter slots. This big theme would be her preparing for her wedding to Fez.
Dear God, thank you for making some of your children retarded so that we may laugh at them or steal their video games.
i wish there was a way to type "jitney" with stalker patty's accent
Delete"or steal their video games" LMAO, I watched that video of the black water head. I can see him just running from the cops the whole time and never completing a mission, LOL! I thought my friend was bad when he chose not to get the game because he "gets lost in open world games".
ReplyDeleteAnyone have a link or know what to search for the old show just after Opie had left erock in the parking lot? we're talking 7/8 years ago.
Either 09/16/2005 or 09/28/2006.
DeleteIt's probably 09/16/2005...I just downloaded both. Heard the first few minutes of the 2005 one, and Bill Burr's there (he apparently was in on the ERock abandonment day). The 2006 show has a great Anthony story I'm hooked on listening to now.
DeleteYep, 2005 show. @ about the 01:06:00 mark. Don't feel too sorry for Slobbo; t'was the same day he won $100k.
DeleteAs a big Metallica fan, I must say that; A) Jimmy and his obsession for photos with celebrities has officially become infuriatingly annoying and B) Metallica suck ass live.. you can tell they're bored playing the same songs over and over again by the way they now play them at a much faster tempo than the album versions almost like they're trying to get it finished asap.
ReplyDeleteDid I mention Jim and his obsession for celeb photos is pathetically annoying? If I didn't, it is.
And of course Op air guitars.. most out of touch fathers in their 50s desperately grasping on to what little youth they have left do. He's a millionaire with plenty of free time.. buy a real guitar, get lessons then go fuck yourself, 'Opster'. UGH!
The neediness and mood swings he goes through are exhausting just hearing them. He pushes away the people trying to help him (like the time Opie helped) by being obsessive and snapping at people. Noone wants to wait with him for hours in a hallway hoping a celebrity walks by so that he can maybe get a picture. Jeebus help the celebrity that says "no" for Norton will put a pox upon him and his descendants.
DeleteNow, I think that trying to get an autograph or a photo or even trying to make small talk for a few seconds with a celebrity is ridiculous. Is there really value in forcing someone who doesn't want to be there into having "a moment" with you? I could almost understand it if the person is your hero (which in itself is kind of pathetic). However, Jim regularly goes after people he barely knows or hasn't even heard of, even after people that kinda look like famous people.
You also have to keep in mind how he rails against our nosy celebrity culture while doing all this. He takes it incredibly personal when he is denied (even let down gently through someone else as tends to get everyone else involved in arranging these things). He never thinks about how many people a celebrity deals with every day that want to waste their time with nonsense.
Also, do you think any of those guys really care about Metallica? They've mentioned a few times how they expect it to be star studded, and while I haven't heard the show yet, I'm sure there will be a large focus on who they saw there.
DeleteThey also had tickets to give away to the fans which they didn't care about. They did one quick throwaway contest with Roland which was like 5 days after they got them and then they acted surprised they didn't have time to come up with a real contest. They didn't even give the remaining tickets away, as I recall they gave them to Sam to give away. These are huge tickets, and they could have come up with a great contest and brought listeners in. This is from guys that used to complain how they never got anything to give away (no prize closet) to listeners.
I believe they care for Metallica about as much as you'd expect any other radio jock to, they sure as all shit aren't 'Metallica fans'. Something about the half ass way they gave those 2 tickets away cemented that, not to mention palming the other 2 off to Sam's piece of shit show because they were having too much fun yapping to an ex-wrestler (of the fake actor kind) who's now in a mediocre band (of the shit kind).
DeleteAs for Jimmy, I wouldn't care if this was the first time his pathetic photo OCD derailed a show but it isn't.. let's all reminisce on him interrupting and completely stopping an interview with Zimmerman's brother all because Ozzy Osbourne was in the lobby and god forbid that jelly brain be made to wait. And as far as Jim and the whole NSA thing goes, it's never surprised me from day 0.. Jim loves authority.. it's part of his liberal douche side that make me want to vomit.
So why do you listen to the show, MrSerialX?
Delete