2013-09-12-OA-64K Hulkshare
2013-09-12-OA-64K Sharebeast
2013-09-12-OA-64K Mediafire ST
2013-09-12-OA-64K Mediafire DL
The show gets a little upgrade to start the day. OP tells us about the 'Epi' kids. Louis CK's birthday. OP talks about his child's first day at school. Another Erock production hits the air.
Some Johnny Cash discussion and a Anthony Weiner production. Edible temptations and Anthony tells us about the AYDS diet pill. A customer service meltdown.
Jim Jefferies phoner as he lets us in on his tour in support of Dave Chappelle. Kevin Pollak in studio to talk about his new documentary 'Misery loves comedy'. Denny in studio and closes out the show with some live reads.
NOTE: There was stream issues today and the end of today's show has a few drop outs. This would be a great time to promote other sites that upload the show, however, due to the heat over the past few months I can not promote any links. Check the shoutbox or comment section if that missing 2 minutes is a must hear for you.
Jim hosts the Advice Show today.
As mentioned on today's show:
Here's the last break of today's show if the drop outs in Dalex's upload (beyond his control) are bothering you:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.mediafire.com/play/3auica2k8bl2gww/2013-09-12-OA-64K-LASTBREAK.mp3
http://www.mediafire.com/download/3auica2k8bl2gww/2013-09-12-OA-64K-LASTBREAK.mp3
Copyright caught this 'cos of the Cash song. One second.
DeleteSharebeast:
http://www.sharebeast.com/jb03ff11j9tw
Some excellent comments posted during yesterday's show. I also can remember VanDamme and SerialX having differing points of view on Sir Opie. I always loved reading the fans opinions about the show. It was their comments that got me tuned in to Opie's nuances. But I still do not mind Sam even though I hated him in the beginning of my listening days.
ReplyDeleteSam has changed. He's completely forgotten what made him a fan favorite, looking creepily young for his age and flicking quarters off his ankle. He just looks haggard now, and I bet if you called up and asked him to flip a quarter, for old time's sake, you would just hear his shitty laugh and then a dial tone as he hangs up to move on to asking ERock how his weekend was. Fuck you Sam.
Delete"I always loved reading the fans opinions about the show."
DeleteWow. Never thought I'd ever read that.
i actually like it too, in a weird way....
DeleteThis Apple discussion is a tad asinine. Boardroom Yimmy makes some points, but his overriding concern is that the stocked price dropped because of the CEO and that means he lost money on paper (well, didn't make as much as he would have made). Travis evokes thoughts of divine guidance when he says "I believe there is a reason for everything they do.". I don't even understand the argument he kept making about them only releasing major changes every other year because people have contracts and that is Apple's way of not making poor people feel bad because they can't get the phone. The altruism angle is stupid, and the assumption that everyone has the same contract over the same 2 years is wrong. Contracts would be expiring every day since not everyone (not even close) bought the phone on day one. T-Storm also said they are looking out for customers by never changing the price, and they can't add all features at the time because of the cost or the technology isn't ready. For some things that makes sense, but when you think about something like cheap flash memory (ex. like having a 16 GB and 32 GB models) it doesn't hold up. Also, isn't the iPhone historically the most expensive phone anyway?
ReplyDeleteI just hate seeing brand loyalty mutate into fanboyism. I'm old enough to remember the Ford vs. Chevy wars of the 80's. Many rednecks lost their lives during that bloody contact, and copious amounts of urine was spilled over the respective logos.
My god, I remember the Ford vs. Chevy bullshit back in the 80's as well. What a bunch of dumb fuckers arguing something so inane. Most of them could not get laid so they had to assert their male prowess in some way.
DeleteI really wish I knew why people have any brand loyalty. Why would anybody limit their options on products/services to one company? I see a lot of this with technology now. People will defend their Apple/Android/Windows device or XBOX/Playstation with such passion as if they're being paid to do so, yet the company doesn't give a single shit about you. I can understand having a preference, but some of this shit I hear and read is ridiculous.
DeleteLet's not forget about Battlefield vs. that shitty Call of duty. ;)
DeleteI DLed the mediafire link and I here was "Gregorio..." then no show. Silence. So I jumped through the show, and it's stays silent until about 2 1/2 hours. Maybe I downloaded it too early and you already caught this? Anyway, just wanted to give a heads-up if the problem wasn't noticed.
ReplyDeleteTo clarify, that goes for both the mediafire DL and stream. The other links are fine, so I'm going with those.
DeleteAm i the only one that hates the jim norton show? Its not funny and the advice isnt even good. He is in no position to give advice. He has yet to make any progress with his sex addiction and has had 1 girlfriend in like the last 10 years, so there goes his relationship advice
ReplyDeleteIt is OK to listen to, but I don't listen for real advice. I made the point the other day that most callers to advice shows (not just his, I'm sure) already know the best course of action.
DeleteCaller: "I'm drinking too much." Jim: "Shit in your mother's cunt while fucking her face!...no seriously, you need to get into a 12 step program."
You make a lot of assumptions about how his progress with sex addiction is going. Also, it's after the O&A show. Just don't listen.
DeleteI don't think the primary goal of Jim's advice show is to be funny. He just throws in jokes when he feels like it's necessary.
Who is qualified to give advice anyway? He's not making medical prognoses. He's giving advice on how to build up minutes for your stand-up comedy set and whether or not to cheat on your wife.
Dr. Drew's been in the business (radio and medical) for at least 30 years, and he's had a lot more people die on his watch than Jimmy has. He's also a lot less funny than Jim. So, therefore, Jim Norton's advice show ain't so bad.
The major problem is the lack of humor and it feels too serious which is my personel opinion. I stopped listening whn a caller wanted to see his wife fuck a DOG! And instead of yelling at him or trashing this Guy's fetish, he gave him tips on how to possibley do it? Its like he tries to be way to open minded. Ya know its annoying
DeleteIt's an advice show, and it's only an hour, once a week. Jim already does the comedy on the regular show. It's an advice show Jimmy decided to do. As far as I know, no one forced him to do a show about serious issues. He created this thing, knowing he's a comedian.
DeleteThe reason he does it is because he wanted more money and the big wigs wouldn't give it to him so this is a compromise. I assume he got a decent pay raise by going through the motions of creating a show that is on once a week and requires absolutely no preparation (which doesn't necessarily speak to the value of the show). What do you think Dr Steve makes for his show where he provides professional medical advice and researches issues for his listeners? $100? I remember they tried to give Patrice next to nothing (when he got fed up with nothing), and all he wanted to do was keep bitches in line. I get the feeling from these guys on peripheral shows like Davey Mac that they get paid almost nothing (ex. not enough to even cover the drive in from New Jersey).
DeleteProbably 150. I heard Davey Mac say that's about how much he gets to come do his Saturday show.
DeleteI think Jim might get a bit more to do an extra hour a week, but that's not like paying him as much as his co-hosts, which I'll argue he deserves.
I think the JNS is to make up for some of the time he misses for gigs and Tonight Show appearances. I doubt it has anything to do with a raise.
DeleteEh, I don't think it's about getting more money, either, but I don't think he has to "make up" days for anyone. I think it's in his contract that he's a comedian, and he wont be around for part of the year. I think that would be fine with the company. If he's not there, he doesn't get paid for that time.
DeleteJimmy's been hinting that he wants to do more, branch out. Wouldn't be surprised if he was shopping around to do his own TV show. Comedians he knows and have been on the show all have their own shows. Kevin Hart, Louis CK, Jezelnek,Jeffries, Maron.
Why doesn't Li'l Jim have his own show?
I'm pretty sure he explicitly said he was doing the show as a way to get more money, and it wasn't even his idea (maybe the content was, but not the idea to do a show). It doesn't really matter, I was just curious about the arrangement. I'm sure they would give him the after show where he could do his own content and interviews (watch out Ron Bennington), but he says he wants a TV talk show. I don't think anything he does on TV would be all that great as I actually think he is better when he doesn't script things.
DeleteA talk show might work where he can be loose, but you also have to remember that as loose and funny as he can be on the radio he sounds like an absolute fucking terror when he is in charge (insert countless examples of him flipping out over any perceived or real inconvenience during a taping of his comedy show or slights by network people). He gives the impression of being a perfectionist (although many would disagree with his idea of perfection). Lastly, he looks a bit too much like Chip when he isn't doing Chip and his twitching and blinking make people uncomfortable.
If I had to swear if I knew the reason Jim does the advice show, I don't think I could commit, so I'll assume your recollection is better than mine.
DeleteI think a Jim Norton talk show would work well. An evolution of Tough Crowd.
wow, more opie fatherhood tales, more opie playing johnny cash. I wish he'd leave and start a new show with Derosa so I can enjoy the ant/norton/sam show...
ReplyDeleteOpie really is enraging nowadays. I can honestly say that he's never said a single thing that has made me even so much as chuckle. He's a fucking dunderhead, and obviously self-conscious of how drastically more talented and funny Ant and Jim are than him.
DeleteHis dumb twitter voice is the only bit he has, and he relentlessly presses that button multiple times a day, jimmies in full rustle mode.
You have a basic show rundown provided on this page every day, and you download an mp3. It's not live radio, so you have the power to skip through anything you don't like, as much as you want. Is that a bad suggestion, or a viable option?
DeleteYou're completely missing the point. His dumb jabber is interspersed with everything. If there were entire sections where only Opie spoke, your suggestion would have some merit.
DeleteI didn't miss that amazing, complicated point. It's not just Opie. It's him, and Anthony, and Jim, so stop crying already.
DeleteI just heard a commercial that was left in for "Ozzy's Boneyard". I was aware of the Boneyard through the show, but I didn't know they renamed it (I assume permanently).
ReplyDeleteWith all the trashing (and there is A LOT) about how the company just pays for celebrity names for shows that fail or shows the eponym is never even on, it is a wonder they never brought this particular show up. Shade 45 is one that stands out as one where they have done a bunch of segments asking if Eminem ever comes into Sirius and wondering why they pay him for his name.
Now, I haven't heard the show so maybe Ozzy donated his name in what he thought was a dying cancer kid's last wish (Yimmy), or maybe he is actually a big part of the show and is actually in there weekly playing the hard rock hits, and if that is the case I will go screw.
Dumb kid talk and a music break.. how very standard for this show lately.
ReplyDeleteAs a new father I actually enjoy him speaking about his kid n what schooling is like now so that doesn't bother me. I still say with management being shifted around things will get better
ReplyDeleteBeing a father changes you, even if you think it won't, it will. One day you are a just a douche and the next you are a douche with a kid. I look forward to to many stories about how his kid and cuter and better than other kids. I hope he got the math wiz/radio consultant/basketball star/viral video producer gene from his papa Opie.
DeleteI'm not a father but the father talk is entertaining... the political correctness stuff in the school etc..
ReplyDeleteBtw, O&A was the first place where I heard that girls could get shit in their vaginas... who would have known...
What really fucking annoyed me was the roland-metallica segment.. I was really wishing for roland to grab his chest and then everybody would win. I usually love the guy, but this time it got on my nerves.
THANK YOU SO MUCH DALEEEXXX!!!!
The Mediafire version has the intro and then blank audio. I didnt get a chance to listen until today.
ReplyDeleteWhat was the metallica song at 1:37:00?
ReplyDelete