2013 September 11

2013-09-11-OA-64K Sharebeast
2013-09-11-OASS-64K Mediafire ST
2013-09-11-OASS-64K Mediafire DL






Today's show starts on the anniversary of the September 11th attacks.  They discuss the situation in Syria. Obama's address to the nation.  Weiner is officially out and flips the bird at a reporter. Discussion on other Mayoral candidates that are less interesting.  OP talks about taking his kid to school.

Tim Sabean arrives. Roland drops by to talk bacon. They take a listen to some new Shuan F & Shawn B productions. Denny drops by the studio to explain himself. 


The new iPhone and Opie browses the Real Housewives forums. Jim talks about electronic watches and they discuss Russia and Putin.

They talk about the current state of Syria and take a caller who complains about the show.


Sam Roberts hosts the Shit Show today. We will Always forget.


As mentioned on today's show:





Weiner flips the bird. 

27 comments:

  1. Thanks, Dalex.

    Happy 9/11, everyone.
    Happy birthday, Bashar al-Assad.

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. No advise show today. just another shit show. i know, i know, it's getting hard to tell the two apart lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't listened to the advice show in a few months, has it gone to shit?

      Delete
    2. I think it's remained pretty much the same; no better, no worse.

      Just...meh.

      Delete
    3. Has there ever been an advice show that just doesn't tell people what they already know?

      Caller: "I'm doing drugs and can't stop." Jim: "You need to get into a program."

      Caller: "How do I become a comedian?" Jim: "Practice."

      Delete
  3. Oh look, someone dressed that little boy up in a suit. What are you doing in that suit little boy? Gonna go to the office and make some deals?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Jim and Sam are going through their respective fashion crisises. Although, Sam is much more obnoxious about it. He goes on and on about how he is dressing well, wearing chinos, not wearing sneakers, wearing colored socks, etc. He actually thinks he looks great. He should just go back to hoodies and converse...if the douche fits...

      Delete
    2. He honestly looks like a complete fool. If he cared at all about looking professional like he claims, he'd cut his hair.

      Delete
  4. Opie slamming Madcow on a show that hasn't gone without a music break in easily a month... when he bothers to depart from his beach house and show up.

    Almost as priceless as the millionaire bitching about the public school system.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, Mr. SerialX, I detect a bit of sarcasm in your post. A rather humorous analogy if I do say so myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not one ounce of sarcasm, Sir. Opie is losing his loyal supporters with every passing day he either takes off or decides to turn up and phones in.

      Delete
    2. I think we need to stand up for Opie. Those ingrates had the nerve to badmouth his steaks on his day off. This is akin to Dante putting up with shit at the Quick Stop when he wasn't even supposed to be there. Why don't those little bitches say it to his face? They have 4 hours a day on 4 days a week (assuming it isn't one of their 5 weeks of official vacation or a sick day).

      I can't really claim this as a new development, but I always cringe a little whenever a guest comes in and those guys have absolutely no clue about them. I can almost see this for books, but they don't even watch movies (not ones they have to go to screenings for or ones they get advanced copies for). If I worked 4 hours a day and my job required it I'd like to think I could find time to read books and see movies. Can you really get this burned out and lazy in 10 years of something you are supposedly passionate about? Most people are lucky to find a job they are passionate about, only a tiny percent become millionaires doing it.

      If you will allow me to suck Ronnie B's dick a little, he does A LOT of quality interviews and he reads all books, listens to the music, and watches the movie/TV show. At the other end of the spectrum, Fez has made a career out of no work and no preparation.

      Delete
    3. Speaking of Ronnie B, is their somewhere I can download daily R&F shows?

      Delete
    4. thegentlemensclub202.blogspot.com

      Delete
    5. Thanks for the quick response. Cheers!

      Delete
    6. Not a problem.

      R N - I have been rather vocal on this site with my opinions regarding Opie and Anthony's lack of motivation when it comes to big interviews, they always bitch and moan about not getting big names but then run out on Sir Ben Kingsley and Gary Busey. The usual response at least from people here is, "Well they just can't stay around after 11am" however I don't accept that as they do regularly and they did yesterday with Joe fucking DeRosa.

      As for their half ass interviews, Jimmy seems to be the only one that reads/watches things beforehand and he is the only reason they saved that Miesha Tate interview... because god forbid they spend the Monday after a week vacation that happens to be a public holiday getting prepared and not just throw staff under the bus for a shit rundown. Opie's idiot kid will soon learn you can't just fuck about on the last day of weekends when you should be prepping for an exam but I have no delusions as to whether he'll hold back telling listeners that, "holy fffffuck... kids have to prepare for exams the day before".

      Delete
    7. Their whole thing is spontaneity and lack of preparation, and that could lead to good radio, and maybe some lows are the price to pay for the highs. That said, they seem to really be pushing it, and some of that is issues with management (ex. leaving at 11, skipping all meetings), but there is really not much of an excuse for not preparing for the few guests they get. Jimmie is always eager which amounts to his nervously peppering the guests with little boy questions and talking about how he read the first few chapters the night before while struggling with sex addiction. I do give him a lot of credit, noone can say he doesn't work his ass off and he has a lot of things going beyond the show.

      Delete
    8. As much is I can't blame them, it is pretty obvious to me that they didn't listen to the new CD that Joe is promoting. Opie: "Joe has a really great CD..what is the name of it?" He then goes on about how Howard Stern is an inconsiderate fuck that doesn't care about anyone for keeping Cee Lo long and then bailing on Cee Lo.

      Delete
    9. Some great reading material here. I remember the ealy days of this blog when serialX and I used to but heads over opie. He has come along way with his discust for the "boss". I would have to agree with all of you. If we can see that the two boys don't care, I can only I'm amagine what management sees and thinks. Why should they care if the boys don't?! It seems they only negotiate show up fees into the contract now.

      Both sam and jim have been looking for new gigs lately. A talk show for jimmy would replace o&a. Maybe they know the end is near

      Delete
  6. I'm not sure who is more out of touch. Opie with the school system or Travis with technology.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Opie is a typical tight ass millionaire willing to point out Weiner didn't leave a tip but complains about standard education fees for his dumb kid. Travis is a typical fanboy making excuses for Apple shitting the bed of progress and not willing to accept that Apple is still trying their minion money grab tactics while refusing to add the most basic of features.

      Delete
    2. Dude, there's always the great Ronnie B as R N said. I'm gonna start listening to more Unmasked interviews.

      Delete
    3. It just frees up more of my time for the almost 9hrs of political/news podcasts I have. I've never been a Ron& Fez fan, not to take anything away from the great interviewer/personality Ronnie B is.

      Delete
    4. Unmasked is fucking great. So is Ronnie B. Unfortunately Ron & Fez just isn't even close the show that it could be with...well...any other co-host at all. Fez has his issues, I get it, but it's not Ron's nor the audience's problem.

      Delete
  7. i bet opie dint want to send his kid to a school like that but his wife forced him.I said this before but once his radio career is over which will be soon his wife leaves him and takes all his money

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the same thing with Howard Stern. All true, money vagina is no friend who'll have a pint in the pub with you once you're a pensioner.

      Delete