2013 September 10 - Joe DeRosa - Kirk Fox

2013-09-10-OA-64K  Hulkshare
2013-09-10-OA-64K Sharebeast



Today starts with OP calling everyone fat pigs. Roland phones in to discuss food. George Zimmerman has been arrested again. 911 Audio from Zim's wife. Extended discussion on divorce and insurance policies. 

A long awaited 40 minute music break. Naked celebrities. 

Joe DeRosa in studio to promote his upcoming shows and a new CD "you will die". They talk about Joe's ride in to New York.  Some news on Anthony Weiner. Cee Lo Green gets cancelled for being late, Opie takes a shit. Show ends abruptly. 

As mentioned on today's show: 





Kirk Fox - Promoting 'the Test'



35 comments:

  1. I was reading the description out loud and I read get to "oh no, 40 minute music break, oh no Joe DeRosa" I became sad :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can you not love Anthony Weiner?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually feel bad for Scorch. He can't even afford to go out at night and tear up Manch Vegas. I don't understand how the station would fire a top rated show. The only thing the guy has going for him is his TV show which is international and has millions of viewers, but that is a small consolation for a guy that is a radio jock at heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zimmerman.. music break... DeRosa. Need anyone say more.

    Thank you, Mr Dalex.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why do they allow unfunny people on the show? Holy shit, has anyone ever even chuckled when listening to Joe Derosa? And another music break? Holy shit! WTF happened to the show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They don't think he's unfunny. You do. The people they truly don't care for aren't invited back on the show.

      Delete
    2. Some people think Joe DeRosa is funny, some think the earth is flat, for any crazy idea there will be some group of people that believes it. I don't think the show members think he is all that funny, but he is available (no surprise) to fill time, and I doubt he is getting an invite since he has something he wants to promote. He's also in the circle of friends so they wouldn't shut him out unless there was a really good reason (besides being a near total bore).

      Joe DeRosa is now an even greater force of awfulness now that his nemesis Troy isn't there to battle him.

      Delete
    3. I think it's in the mindset. I like Joey Roses. I was Burr fan before I started listening to O&A and Bill was always parenting Joe so it kinda made me like him from the start. They did uninformed together which I also loved. I don't care if he's super funny on the show or not but I usually... at least chuckle at his jokes.
      But on the other hand, I really like when Opie's not on the show. He never makes me laugh, he bitch and whine and call everyone stupid. Meanwhile he's the dumbest one in the whole studio. He has vocabulary of a 10-yrs old and intonation of an old lady which makes him also a horrible storyteller. So even if he has something interesting to say (like his Chrysler building story) I still can't listen to him without irritation.
      Uhh, ehh, fuckin this thing and uhh, uhm.... fuckin that thing...
      And people still love him. I don't understand why.

      Delete
    4. Besides Erock, who does Opie call stupid? Also, what did Opie bitch about today?

      Anyway, I'm not buying that they call in Joe just because they need someone to fill time. They could just have Sam come in, or do it themselves. That's BS.

      Delete
    5. The beauty of comedy is that it is subjective.

      Delete
    6. SHH! Don't bring actual truth into this!

      Delete
    7. Although I have to agree that Joey roses is NOT funny, he is at the very least always positive and upbeat. I've never heard him be unfriendly or a downer. He is also pretty listenable, calling him a comedian may be a stretch but I've never tapped out on him. Much like I have with kid stories, music breaks, and david lee Roth. Of my least favorite Guests, Joey D is my favorite!

      Delete
    8. He was #1 on iTunes. You can call him whatever you want, but it's the job that makes him money.

      "Positive and upbeat?" That's sarcasm, and I'm not getting it, right? He wasn't too positive against Troyqu- oh, shouldn't mention his name. That' was on the Shit Show though, so maybe you don't count that hour.

      Delete
    9. This episode may be the first where I haven't disliked Joe.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is always the one friend that you have around just to goof on and that is what De Rosa is to the show I think

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, but then what's Erock's role?

      Delete
    2. ERock is the friend you keep around for when you might want a fresh glass of warm milk FROM HIS TEETS!

      ERock sucks, but he at least has basic skills with organizing O&A material (although I'm sure a million others could do his job better and for much less, he got very lucking getting in during the XM days after hitching his big ass to Opie's wagon).

      DeRosa's skills don't seem to go beyond being a punching bag, although, he is a director in some sense. I actually think it might be interesting to have someone like Joe involved with the show and doing videos for them. Opie can hire Joe to be his personal viral video director.

      Delete
    3. Rich Vos is way funnier than Derosa, but is also way more of a punching bag than he is. If any guest is the punching bag, it's Vos.

      Delete
    4. Yea, but Vos stays on his feet and throws punches. "You never got me down, Ope! You hear me? You never got me down."

      DeRosa curls up into a ball while the boys half heartedly put the boots to him.

      Delete
    5. Hmm, fair enough, but Derosa doesn't just sit there and take it. The difference is that Vos is just a goddamn vet, and he'll strike back, and make it funny.

      Delete
  8. Opie certainly knows how to alienate himself from everyone. At least Anthony is a funny hatemonger. Opie just seems like a miserable cunt and he's getting more and more difficult to listen to. That being said, I will always listen to the show and I appreciate the uploader for creating this website and taking the time and effort write a synopsis and post videos. Thanks dude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pretty much agree with this. Fuck, Opie is damn near unlistenable at this point. While Ant may repeat himself damn near every day, it still interests me and Jim's bomberoos honestly make me laugh almost as much as anything else (he says plenty of legit funny shit, too). Thanks as well for the upload.

      Delete
  9. Derosa didn't punch anything. his breath does smell cuz he's a coffee hipster pussy...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its almost jocktober time. Opie mentioned that theyre doing somthing different this year. I cant wait

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jocktober 2013 live from Opie's beach house in the Hamptons!

      There is no jocktober without Scorch. The only way I will be satisfied if Scorch is hired by Sirius on October 1st and then gets featured.

      Delete
    2. Jocktober bus trip animated festival.

      Delete
    3. Thanks for mentioning that, R N. Remember when they goofed on Howard for getting married to a young wife and hanging out in the Hamptons? Times are sure changing.

      Delete
    4. I hear they're gonna feature an O&A from this year every day and stare as Opie while we listen to Mr 'this-is-how-you-do-radio' suck on his own radio show.

      Then on the final day, because it's always something special, they're gonna go to Opie's YouTube and tally up all his 'numbers'.. then point out that combined they don't even result in a viral video.

      Lololol. Geddit?! He's a hack.

      Delete
  11. I have to say, that was an amazing fucking callback playing the Mario music at the end after talking about E-Lo. So nostalgic.

    ReplyDelete