20 Mar 2013 - Brandon Steiner


a young Sam Roberts on "Figure it out"


Morning y'all!


Brandon Steiner in studio
In studio today is sports memorabilia guru Brandon Steiner

Today's show starts with Kareem Abdul Jabbar's face planting dive and the troubled life of Louie Anderson and his reality show 'SPLASH'.

The topic of a transsexual MMA fighter is discussed. The boys make an attempt to answer some of Harvey Levin's questions on twitter. Opie breaks news of an O&A show starting up on the Indie channel Sundays at 11 - 3pm est. Not sure if/how these shows will be posted as of yet, stay tuned...

Brandon Steiner makes his way in studio to deliver some give aways, and chats about his best friend Jay-Z. 
  
A tad more ranting to close out the show and we will rejoin tomorrow. 

Jim Norton hosts the Jim Norton show and takes YOUR calls and try's to help YOUR problems, you needy bastards.

 

Bennington & Whatley: 2013-03-20-R&F-64K

21 comments:

  1. Hey I've been faithful to this site since day 1 and I just wanted to say thanks for everything you do. I love it. Today was the best show I've ever heard... why? Because I actually won the Jeter signed picture! Pretty easy question for such an awesome prize. Thanks mr. Steiner and O,A, and J! I'll be listening in a few... Thanks G.A.Y.!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats Jon! I haven't actually heard the Jeter giveaway segment, but did you actually get on air? I'm sure I'll answer my own question shortly. Brought up a nice little contest idea though: Pony up some money and give it to someone who can say "Gregorio, Antonio & Yimmy is my place for O&A!". I'll have to think on that, seems a little wordy.

      Delete
    2. Congratulations Jon from Flint, Michigan! I went to high school in Escanaba years ago. Did you know the Jeter question because Jeter went to school in Kalamazoo?

      Delete
  2. Sam Obviously peaked with this show. Yes, he's on O&A now, but how much talent is he actually utilizing now? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With that annoying nerdy voice it's unlikely he'll go any higher in radio. Maybe off-mic, in management. If radio still exists in 10 years.

      Delete
  3. well I know I don't have a voice for radio... that was douchey. leave it to the pros like o and a.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am seeing why there are so many opie-haters out there because of his constant need to take his complaints with the company to the airwaves. He definitely drives these bitch sessions as he is taking a page right out of the Howard Stern playbook where if they publicly bitch long enough they will get something from management.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, no one cares about how bad management is, it doesn't translate over the air. Trashing them and making fun of them is one thing, but constantly complaining over and over gets old fast. And I like the Opster jus sayin

      Delete
    2. I know he is a family man now, but I would love to see Opie take the bull by the horns now and make the change happen.

      You can tell SiriusXM makes money from the faithful fans. Push the agenda off air more than on air and demand results.

      Delete
    3. Jordan, I am in complete agreement with you. I like Opie as well, but the constant trashing does not come over the air very well. Once in awhile, is okay but every day or every other day is incessant.

      Delete
    4. Ron and Fez don't seem to complain as much in comparison. I think Opie likes to exaggerate things and I still think if they wanted to, they could really make things happen behind the scenes without bringing so much dirty laundry on the air. It's usually not a great idea to bash your employer, but with the kind of pay and treatment they have gotten, at least some of it is justified. It's much easier to play it safe than take any chances, like creating a company and testing the waters with an online show. Just a few months ago, Opie did a really good job trying not to bitch, so I think the show is just stuck in a temporary rut.

      Delete
    5. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    6. I used to love Steve Dahl (Chicago) but his constant complaining was a turn off too. After awhile all the negativity wasn't entertaining anymore and i gave up on his show. Luckily there are plenty of other great personalities to enjoy on O&A to keep me listening.

      All the "white knights" that will chime in to defend Opie can lick my ass. (in JFK voice)

      Delete
    7. I also used to listen to Steve Dahl when I lived near Chicago (Kenosha) but that was mainly to hear Buzz Killman. Buzz & Steve had good chemistry just like Buzz and Johnny B. I miss all three of those dj's. Speaking of Chicago radio, I do enjoy Opie and Anthony ripping on the Eric & Cathy show.

      Delete
    8. There was once where Ron went off on some jackass suit back in the DC days. Otherwise, Ron and Fez don't give a shit.

      White Knight doesn't even make sense at all here. Opies a dude, and he's not fucking reading this, so there would be no benefit. I get it. Throwing a label on people is your attempt to devalue an opinion.

      Someone has to point out the fact that you don't like the guy on his own show, and you go out of your way to download 3 hours+ of audio containing his voice.

      You can call it a bitch-fest, or whatever, but I like hearing if everything is going the show's way or not. The volume of it may be too much, but what do you want? You want a show to pretend that everything is fine? I thought we listened to this show to not be fed BS.

      Having the O&A show not as a preview on another channel or as a 1 hour podcast, or, you know, any number of good ideas is ridiculous.

      Would you rather have them read a list of "today in history" notes? Fucking snore.

      Delete
    9. "I thought we listened to this show to not be fed BS. " - very valid point here.

      I guess like Opie relentlessly bitching about management, i like to relentlessly bitch about Opie. And you, YV, come on here everyday to see us bitching about opie bitching just like we keep listening... It's all just one big loop, I hope you understand.

      See you tomorrow!

      Delete
    10. No, I don't come here every day to hear people bitch about Opie, or whatever. If I comment, then I follow the thread. If someone says something, and I don't agree, I comment. I don't read the comments for every day. Sometimes I just go about my business.

      Delete
  5. One of the reasons I stopped listening to Howard is I couldn't take his bitching anymore..I have really grown to love O&A but the management whining is a big turnoff..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too, are on point with the 'Howard whining' being too much. That whining is the reason I discovered Opie and Anthony. Howard is extremely narcissistic. When he was being considered as a judge on X-Factor the King-of-all-Media would talk for hours about it. Yuck!

      Delete
  6. Did i miss them talking about the Sam clip above? I only heard Sam barely mention it on yesterday's SS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, you didn't miss anything. I placed it there for something visual. They have been lacking lately when it comes to posting pics on twitter. Sam does get dragged in at the start of R&F if you want to hear him get nailed.

      Delete