2013 May 03 - Tom Papa - TACO DAY



TACO DAY

2013-05-03-OA-64K  Hulkshare

2013-05-03-OA-64K Sharebeast

2013-05-03-RF-64K Hulkshare


Today on O&A: Check back for updated pics, videos and summary.

Anthony kicks off with some discussion on twerking. This turns into a race war with a few upset callers. They talk about the death of Jeff Hanneman. Tribute below.  Jim predicts Lindsay Lohan's death. 

Audio from Mike Francesa's show about him not paying attention to callers and we watch the Salma Hayek scene From Dusk Till Dawn.

Tom Papa in studio and they listen to Reese Witherspoon's arrest. Brand spanking new elevator show featuring the Stanley cup, Deepak Chopra and Jay Mohrz. 

TACO DAY and Anthony talks about making trips to Mexico.

Intern Allen does Asshole of the Week and he wins.




The Eric Gryba hit last night get talked about. Posted the French version of the video since the boos are so much more audible. Nothing pisses of Montreal more then dirty sports in the playoffs. So much blood.



R.I.P Jeff Hanneman




Jimmy points out the lack of publicity a metal god gets, when another non-story gets headlines.



FLASHBACK: Jimmy get a photo with Ben Kingsley from yesterday on twitter.




71 comments:

  1. Welp, Papa today. :\

    Stanhope on Monday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 shit comics back to back. And I'm not referring to Stanhope.

    WTF is a TACO DAY?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Batten down the hatches,

    get down to the cellar,

    dive under your desks kids,

    there's a papa hate storm a brewin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. oh god you are so on point, I am sick of the tough guy chef act

      Delete
    2. I like the cuban, and marc maron wasn't that bad either. But Papa can lick my ass.

      Delete
  5. God dammit...the sad sad story of Lynch on Thursday and now to kick off the weekend Tom Papa?! Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh What time into the show does he show up so I can listen to music or get aids...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah WTF is up with Tom Papa being on every other week now? It's creeping me out! I don't mind them outing their grievances on Management etc. But Papa is bad!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Opie and Sam are unbearable with this twerking shit. Their 'bit' is terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy shit... twerk bit got me laughing my ass off!!!
    Great start to the show! LOL... egging on Anthony is the fucking best

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hah, way to fuck up Cindy Brady's comments.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you gorgeous creature.

    I don't mind Papa's yumor, even if he doesn't quite gel with the show flow. It's been said before, but the regulars are gone.. not forever, but they were all 'regulars' at a time in their careers when they needed the show. Social media and podcasts were not at everyones beck and call to get the word out about gigs, and as has been said before, Opie and his podcast plans and Ants home studio were never capitalized upon. Management can be blamed, the merger can be blamed, Stern can be blamed, but in the end I don't think Opie and Anthony are close enough friends to spend the necessary time transitioning and monetizing their successful formula that worked on radio.

    This has been a Bison presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  11. People OnA fans hate:

    Opie
    Anthony
    Jimmy
    Tom Papa
    Marc Maron
    Joe Derosa
    Rich Vos
    Sam
    Troy
    Sal
    Travis
    Danny
    Jay Mohr
    Joe Rogan
    Amy Schumer
    Dice
    Greg Gutfeld
    Dennis Leary
    Rick Shapiro
    Bobo
    Chris Jericho
    Sully

    The list goes on in on. I don't know why people listen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please step in front of a bus and stop posting on this comment board...

      Delete
    2. no one hates anthony, just dont when he goes on about guns, race, taxes

      Delete
    3. Only 5 of those for me:

      Opie
      Sam
      Papa
      Maron
      Leary

      Delete
    4. Opie created the show so he will be there for as long as the show exist, sorry. It will be a sad day when this show and Ron and Fez call it quits and you guys see the state that the rest of talk radio is in.

      Delete
    5. And I love how people talk about how great an Anthony and Jim or Anthony and Ron show or whatever would be. If these people actually got their wish and Opie was gone, the show would be gone. There's not going to be any Anthony and X show. Maybe you'll get a Live from the Compound once every 3 months but a real show? No way. Everybody bitches about how Sirius keeps hiring all these non-radio people. When they do Entertainment Weekly or Comedy Central radio, they're hiring a brand. This is exactly why they have the Opie and Anthony show. They are a known brand. Take one of those two names out and the brand is dead and they have no use to Sirius.

      Delete
    6. yeah it's like they are programming their own dream channel....well put jason...

      Delete
    7. @Jason - I think that's the same reason the show title hasn't been changed to "The Opie, Anthony, and Jimmy show." And probably why Fez gets paid to sit and watch people do radio while he remains silent.

      Delete
  12. Not a Tom Papa fan by any means, nor do I care for Deepak Chopra. Jay Mohr I don't mind so much. I think I might skip the show today or just skip the lame stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear lord, you are all a bunch of fucking nancies....go to fucking pal-talk or wackbag....enough of you cunts. Good day....thanks for the upload!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. way to rise above the rest of us. lol. dude. tom papa is not funny or entertaining.

      i'm skippin cause of the comments. so i appreciate the comments and the daily uploads

      Delete
    2. Didn't say anything about papa, or the show, just sick of the incessant bitching....Your not going to accomplish anything by it...they are NOT going to listen to you...so why do you continue? Your talking to a brick wall...feel free to continue retard...it's comparable to bobo tweeting members of the show who don't give a fuck, like most people here....

      Delete
    3. PalTalk was a mean spirited circle jerk of people who they were funny when trying to compete against each other in the live room to see who could either please Anthony the most or write some attempt at a funny comment. The weird webcam bullshit didn't help either. Ted's wasn't as bad though, but there were still smug assholes in that room too. I've never posted on Wackbag before, but it probably sounds like the same thing. The downloads are far better because of the ability to know what parts of the show are absolutely a must listen while knowing which other parts fell flat in comparison.

      Delete
    4. I totally understand there are points in the show which are way slower than others, i'm just sick of people bitching out an entire show and throwing people under the bus on a daily basis.

      Like everything else in life the show will have it's highs and it's lows, don't expect a legendary show every day. Some day's it clicks and some day's it doesn't.

      If there is a less then listenable portion of the show feel free to let others know, but don't get up on your soapbox and tell everyone how you would like the show to be....your not a radio personality. Take the good with the bad and enjoy the ride...otherwise find another program to listen to....that is all.

      -Steve

      Delete
    5. Yeah, but if you listen to all these negative comments as a way to see if the show is worth a listen you will be skipping EVERY show. Tom Papa in studio doesn't mean that everyone else will be unfunny.

      Delete
    6. "Like everything else in life the show will have it's highs and it's lows, don't expect a legendary show every day. Some day's it clicks and some day's it doesn't."

      Well said. I don't think anyone should dispute this.

      Delete
    7. @ Steve - Save your breath, dude.. telling the bitches to stop bitching is pointless. Go tell fish to stop swimming, you'll have better luck.

      Delete
  14. Fuck Tom Papa and motherfuck Jay Mohr! However, thank you to the uploader....work would be shit if you didnt give me the O & A show. Love you buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm a hour plus through today and I think the show is flowing great. I get some of the criticism at times, but anyone who thinks the first half of today sucks I just don't get. The whole team had a good energy and every one played off each other fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, I make my own opinions on the guests and how the show goes...I rarely rely on those bitching on this comment board. If you solely went by the comments here you would never listen to the show....and I listen to every show regardless....

      Delete
    2. 36 minutes in and this show is so far going pretty well. Ant's irrational hatred of twerking had me cracking up! I've just never honestly thought much of Tom Papa. Maybe he'll prove me wrong here.

      Delete
  16. So, if anyone cares, G.A.Y. is just about to touch two million page views. Pretty amazing considering we have only been a blog for about four months. Also, we about to reach two million "I hate Opie" comments. Another crowning achievement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Besides the awesome job you do for all the fans {and non-fans?] I always like you're positive outlook on every show summary. If anyone has a right to complain about the show on here it would be you, but obviously you just love the show for what it is and do a great service for anyone who wants to listen. Thanks-

      Delete
    2. Yay! Yay! (Norton style: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DqVql3e41Y)

      Delete
    3. Hahah.. congrats dude.

      Delete
  17. Yea Ant twerking and throwing puppies in the back of cars go hand and hand. they're the same "cultural" problem. I love how he says he doesn't group them(black people) all together. yet he says black ppl dancing somehow is related to puppy murder????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't get it. I saw that story yesterday and it said nothing about what race or ethnicity the suspects were! Ant's been watching too much World Star Hip Hop.

      Delete
    2. He didn't say the twerking was related to trunking, he just said both seem to be exclusive to a certain group of people. He wasn't saying that people get so primal after watching a chick twerk that they throw 2 dogs in a car and let them fight to the death. Whether that's true regarding the trunking or not I don't know but like Roberto said, I saw the story from Miami and it didn't mention the "owners" at all. I think Ant may be running on 'Michael Vick' fumes with this one. The twerking though, I have to totally agree.. it looks like a mating ritual.

      C'mon.. are people still that unclear as to the type of people Ant is referring to? I thought the secret was given away years ago then reenforced by the types dealt with by security guard in Atlanta and the Rick Ross/GD's videos at the start of the year.. my bad.

      Delete
  18. Great show from Opie.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really think Opie needs to retire. His heart isn't in it anymore and it's apparent by listening to the show. He has become unbearable! I do love Anthony though and hope he gets his own show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If internet was around in 1988...
      I really think Martin Scorsese needs to retire. His heart isn't in it anymore and it's apparent by his latest movie, The Last Temptation of Christ. The film was unbearable! I do love DeNiro though and he will probably never make a bad movie.

      Delete
    2. please do yourself and all of us a favor by swallowing a shotgun blast...

      Delete
  20. Hello. Does anyone know which After Show this week had Chippah on it? Apparently he killed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe it was the Shit Show with Ben Kingsley.

      Delete
  21. Tss tss Deepak Chopra? How bout ya Deepak Chop-ya fuhckin head off or thum-thaan cock thucka!

    ... Seriously though, Chopra is a fucking imbecile.

    Thanks for everything GAY! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tss why now Shallowpack Chopra or somethin'?

      Delete
  22. Replies
    1. Sorry, Ted has not posted a R/F link today. :(

      Delete
    2. jordan if you can navigate through all his bullshit links http://www.sterngeek.com has it up.

      Delete
    3. I fucking hate sterngeek. No matter what I do, I am just not able to dl Ron & Fez. What a cunt.

      Delete
    4. http://www.unclepaulshideout.com/index.php/showbyyear/109-ron-fez

      Delete
  23. I have it on my site (unclepaulshideout) if you are still looking for it. If you want to post it on here let me know and i will send you the link.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Uncle Paul might be my savior. Thanks GAY.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Someone upload a ron and fez link here please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nvm managed to download from uncle paul website.

      Delete
    2. http://www.unclepaulshideout.com/index.php/showbyyear/109-ron-fez

      thanks for the info, i didnt think uncle pauls uploaded daily shows

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  26. More niggershit today. The USA really is just done. Fuck you americants.

    ReplyDelete
  27. stop being whiny cunts and enjoy the show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....says the whiny cunt.

      Been there, done that. Telling people to stop complaining doesn't work and only ends in you complaining.

      Delete
  28. Sam Roberts is a horrible broadcaster. With that being said, each episode of the O&A show does not exist in a vaccuum; some are great and some are mediocre but the overall show is pretty good. I would really like it though if Sam would just shut the fuck up and quit interjecting his nonsense and uninteresting points of view.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said. I've been too harsh on the show and I'm finding it much better now that I'm not trying to listen live over PalTalk. Not every show is guaranteed to be a classic no matter what era it's from and I understand what bullshit has been going behind the scenes by management and the higher up executives. It's like a completely different experience. I still think it was wrong of the boys to stay with the company, but it's their show, not ours.

      Delete
  29. hurry the fuck up

    ReplyDelete