2013 August 23 - Jim Florentine - Anthony Cumia (P) - David Lee Roth - Anderson Silva

2013-08-23-OA-64K Hulkshare 
2013-08-23-OA-64K Sharebeast
2013-08-23-OASS-64K Mediafire St
2013-08-23-OASS-64K Mediafire Dl








NO OP. NO Anthony. Jim Florentine helps out today with Roberts on third mic. Pre show preview. Joan rivers and the tonight show. Anthony Phoner from bedside. Recap of Jimmy's radio tour yesterday, Bob Kelly's new baby.  They also discuss UFC, boxing and the creative process for writing music

David lee Roth in studio and I officially can't keep up with the show anymore. He interrupts a live read. They talk about bad movies and DLR’s moves on stage. 


Anderson Silva in studio to promote UFC 164 August 31rst,  his fight techniques and his upcoming fight in December. Wrap up and plug what everyone is promoting.


Sam Roberts hosts the Shit Show and talks to Erik about what he deems to be good parents and bad parents
.

NOTE: OA on vacation all week next week. The worst of theme is the "all listener request" so come back here everyday at 11:00 am.

As mentioned on today's show: 




41 comments:

  1. wtf... no opie... no anthony...
    could this potentially be the GREATEST O&A SHOW OF ALL TIME!?

    /troll

    ReplyDelete
  2. I listen to every minute of every show but this may be the first one in a long time that I don't hold much hope for.

    By the way, thanks Dalex!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad we're stuck with nails on chalkboard Sam on the mic, I would have actually preferred DLR! In fact, next week, put the fuck on the air, why not? It's just dead air, I find the guy to be fairly amusing. Able to carry a radio show by himself, of course not, but to sit there and babble with a couple of comics holding down the fort, Voss, Bobby, anyone . . . why not?

    I'd say it beats worst of, but that would be a lie. I'm presently listening to the 2004 XM shows, and while not up to the 2002 standards they set, far more energetic and funny that what happened this week. Hey, sorry, but . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And do what, listen to the local sports jocks between ads? Doesn't mean the show is flying high right now, anyone who can hear knows it isn't. They're bummed at Sirius and it shows, and . . . they're getting older.

      Delete
    2. You know, Brad brings up an obvious point in a completely uninteresting way, I think we should listen to what he has to say.

      Delete
  4. you bunch of miserable fucks in the comment section every day, you give pirates a bad name

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Sam could be a replacement for Opie. Even if he is only 70% as good, they could get him for $60K a year and he would outwork Opie and set the table for Anthony and Jim. As long as they keep him poor enough to not be able to afford having kids or a beach house I see that being a good move.

      Delete
    2. Stop writing OnA fanfic

      Delete
    3. I'm just doing a little consulting to show Opie my skillset in the hopes that I get hired by his radio consulting firm. There is a lot of money to be made if he ever gets paid.

      Now, I do write erotic O&A fan fiction, but I'm not going to post it here, that is for me. Not to brag, but ERock and I are working on an O&A and wrestling fan fiction cross over.

      Delete
    4. That sounds both sexy and action packed.

      Delete
    5. Yes, I believe this will be the first time the words "Hogan dick drop" will appear in a publication.

      Delete
  5. Give credit where credit is due, they tried their damndest to put in a 5 day week, but it just can't be done. I have a good feeling that someday man will run the 4 minute mile, we will have a black president, and radio jocks will put in a 5 day week of work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right.

      Working a five-day week (where you get paid $6k an hour to talk to celebrities and whatnot) IS A BITCH. Especially when its sandwiched in between two week-long vacations.

      Delete
    2. ...and the very last thing I feel like doing after a week of vacation is getting up early on a Monday morning. I have a feeling our boys may just come down with an acute "case of the Mondays".

      Delete
  6. David Lee Roth needs heavier medication.

    ReplyDelete
  7. First the female interns, now this? Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay, 3 hours of David Lee Roth! He always has interesting things to say and is enjoyable to listen to.

    Ahprill Fahlls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They should have had Guy Fiery cater the show...ROCK AND ROLL! With the amount of rock kicks going on that day odds are Sam is going to get knocked out from a stray one. Fiery can then pour vodka down his throat to revive him...ROCK AND ROLL!

      Delete
  9. "SHUT THE FUCK UP" -me every 5 minutes

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm cool with this, just so long as they never have female interns ever again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great show today.. ant call. The best thing about Roth is the way every1 around him takes his stories and pretends like they give a shit

    ReplyDelete
  12. We all love good ol' Diamond Dave, but Christ...he is COMPLETELY exhausting.

    "You follow?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It could be a lot worse, they could have Sammy Hagar doing the show...

      Delete
    2. DLR is good to take in small doses. And yes I do follow..lol

      Delete
  13. David Lee Roth is unbearable! How did any idiot ever think he could make it on radio? I turned the show off about 8 minutes after that dick head began to ramble.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think I'm the only one that enjoyed David Lee Roth and I don't even like Van Halen.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jesus christ Dave, we dig AND we fucking follow!!! I feel physically tired after listening to this motherfucker.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fuck you; Opie's irreplaceable and you are an asshole.

    Let sam do his own smelly show- bitches should know their place.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jim rallying against anonymity on the internet... The ultimate in naïvety.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gotta say, I really didn't mind today's show and there's not one Van Halen song I like.

    What was the alternative? A Worst Of or another half assed day of shitty music breaks? No fucking thanks, I'd rather be tired listening to DLR babble over passing out from boredom due to listening to Opie talk about Phish for the 7th time this week. No-one gives a fuck what old man music a 50yo listens to on a commute while trying to remain "hip". I don't know a single Phish song because I wasn't a grown adult in the '80s.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So you don't know a single Beatles, Rolling Stones or Pink Floyd song because you weren't an adult in the 60's or 70's? ;) The reason you don't know them, is because they're fucking garbage. Just jamming garbage for people who suck, but like to pretend they don't.

      Delete
    2. I know Pink Floyd because I was raised on them and Alice Cooper amongst others.. my mother has very good taste in music. As you said, Phish are indeed garbage but there's other reasons I don't know them except that they're shit. I play guitar and I'm a major fan of 'progressive' music as well as 'noodling'.. but the Joe Satriani type, Phish are just shit as are the Grateful Dead.

      Delete
    3. I can't stand Phish or Grateful Dead, but I do listen to Emerson, Lake and Palmer, Mike Oldfield, and MASSIVE amounts of Pink Floyd. Which would be considered by many to be noodling wankery. I dunno, it does something for me. The others don't.

      Delete
  19. Anyone else getting some skipping?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just wanna say the same thing I've said 1000 times..great setup here ..dalex for president....also gentlemans club is a great addition. "Thank you for your service" quote the great jesse v.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love David Lee Roth's energy. He should be in more often, especially if he is enthusiastic about doing more shows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the DLR show was good. He is a Zen master of bad jokes and cliches, however, he is also thoughtful and insightful. I'd probably want to jump kick off a tall building if he was on every day, but maybe he could be a regular guest host. He said he was currently unemployed, and knowing O&A, they probably wouldn't mind having him do 3 or 4 days a week to lighten their burden a little bit. They could use their free time to harvest more nuggests for the podcast and really get that thing going.

      Delete