2013-08-07-OA-64K Hulkshare
2013-08-07-OA-64K Sharebeast down
2013-08-07-OAJNS-64K Mediafire ST
2013-08-07-OAJNS-64K Mediafire DL
So happy to announce that @Troyquan will not be getting fired. A huge thanks to @SIRIUSXM for doing the right thing.
— opie radio (@OpieRadio) August 7, 2013
Slow news day. Op digs a hole. Extended hole digging discussion. They talk about the after show meeting yesterday, however do not disclose the final decision. (#justicefortroyquan). Other on air fights in radio history. Pop star Usher's child nearly eats it. A blizzard makes its way into the studio. Some movie news.
POP2K Censorship in music.The NFL will crack down on celebrations. A music break takes us to Ant's displeasure of free form Jazz.
Bathroom talk. Alex Rodriquez and Sal screws up the Chip bit. The president on Jay Leno. Anthony Weiner goes at with George MacDonald. A Doody Hat will make it to the podcast. Audio of Tara Reid and there is a midget outside our studio.
NOTE: Just a brief note on the chat feature. They are pushing ads starting today. I should have them removed next starting by the end of next week. As of now they have not disclosed what the ads will be, however please deal, and we'll get rid of them soon. THX.
Bathroom talk. Alex Rodriquez and Sal screws up the Chip bit. The president on Jay Leno. Anthony Weiner goes at with George MacDonald. A Doody Hat will make it to the podcast. Audio of Tara Reid and there is a midget outside our studio.
NOTE: Just a brief note on the chat feature. They are pushing ads starting today. I should have them removed next starting by the end of next week. As of now they have not disclosed what the ads will be, however please deal, and we'll get rid of them soon. THX.
Jim hosts the Advice Show to help us all cope with the Troy suspension.
As mentioned on today's show:
Good to know Ant still hates jazz - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TE7949ypVCw
ReplyDeleteThanks, Dalex.
way to go fez, getting troy fired
ReplyDeleteYeah. Was it fez? He was complaing about ”not feeling safe” at work. I think fez spoke to The radio wizard about The situation.
ReplyDeleteI usually try to take Fez' side on things because I want to hear the "old" Fez again. However, I do think that the homophobia angle is really what is hanging Troy. AND, I think Fez is the catalyst for it. If you listen back to the Ron & Fez from the day after the blowout (July 31). Ron asks Fez how he is doing and Fez responds something to the effect of "I just realize now that *I* am the one nobody wants around here."
DeleteThe truth is that while Fez has the right to be offended, but he doesn't have the right to complain and get someone fired after some of the intern abuse he has dished out as "Angry Fez" or the time he came to work dressed and talking as Hitler. Another truth is that while Fez has history with the shows/channel he also hasn't been bringing anything to the table for years. Regardless of title/position/pay Troy>Fez for entertaining radio.
I posted a lot on this (being a hater and all), and in addition to going to management, he repeatedly said (and then quickly went quiet for very long stretches afterwards) that he didn't feel safe at the company or in the halls. It isn't hard to see that management would have to do something when faced with a lawsuit over discrimination or getting fired themselves if it goes over their head.
DeleteI wouldn't argue that anyone should have to put up with being intimated at work, but this is an environment (especially the shows in question) where even the real fights are on air and played for entertainment. If anyone has a legitimate claim it is Zito, and I doubt that little management parasite would go out of his way to get Troy fired. This had nothing to do with Fez, and even if he was offended, all the arguments above apply and he can also take the conversation Ron forced him into having with Troy into account.
With that said, Fez wasn't afraid or offended, the guy is a fucking known liar. He lies about everything and his modus operandi is to make excuses for why he isn't going to do his job. He only ever perks up when he can attack someone weaker, and he has been afraid of openly confronting Troy since their last confrontation. I think he just dropped the victim phrases he needed to say on the air and then went to management.
Also, I've only listened for a few years, so I don't know a lot about the "old" Fez, but from what I have heard the myth of old Fez is greatly overblown. Did people really think he was funny? He is the wacky guy that calls into a show like "Bob and Tom" a few times a week and does a gay character while the hosts fake laugh.
DeleteI think Ron just talks about old Fez as a why to take a shot at him, or he just wants him to do something to justify his paycheck. It seems like Ron just wanted a weak partner he could dominate and didn't just want to have "The Ron Show". Ron went from having a guy on his coat tails to having to carry a sack of shit on his back every day.
No idea if Fez is behind this, but I will say that there is a legit case against Troy IMO. I've no problem whatsoever with use of the word faggot, particularly as a slang term used to attempt to emasculate someone. I think it's pretty clear what is implied when used in that context. However, when Troy replied to Zito (multiple times) with something to the effect of, "I'll kick your ass cuz you're a cock sucking faggot," he's essentially saying "I'll kick your ass because you're a homosexual." That doesn't take a giant leap to come to that conclusion - Troy said it himself. That said, do I think Troy wants to beat up homosexual men simply due to their sexual orientation? No. But the statements he made could absolutely be construed as hate speech. And before anyone bashes me, I threw up a bit in my mouth even writing that. But obviously context is everything, and I don't know that he can try to frame it in any way other than what he said. But I also don't give 2 shits if he gets fired, just saying they do have a legit argument.
DeleteRight, and you can say a naughty word, even as a slip up, during a typical radio show or newscast and get fired for that single instance. The environment and how the management react to things is a factor. The radio show is its own world where pretty much anything goes, although, they are afraid of certain things with good reason. It doesn't seem like the O&A audio ever gets out to special interest groups as they are kinda under the radar these days. Just compare the things they say on a daily basis to the one thing Imus said that forced him to his knees.
DeleteTroy has no defense other than he is in an environment where anything goes, and Zito is always sticking his nose into it even though he is on the management track. He is completely at the mercy of management.
As I said before, what would happen if Fez hired a lawyer and said he was afraid to go to work and that he brought it up to management and they refused to do anything? He could also go to special interest groups with the story. Don't you think he would have a real case there and could at least get them to settle? A jury of people that know what a lying weasel he is wouldn't go for it, but a ham and egger is going to see a weeping victim.
Absolutely, and like I said, I'm not implying that Troy necessarily should be fired, just that even I think he may have gone over the line with the statement. Simply saying "I'm going to kick your ass because you're a faggot," with no knowledge of the person's sexual orientation (simply b/c if you know they are a homosexual, a pretty damn good case could be made that you are implying you will beat him senseless for his sexual preferences), is no different (IMO), than replacing faggot with douchebag, asshole, piece of shit, or whatever dandy word you choose. But I think as soon as he essentially makes it entirely about orientation ("because you're a dick sucking faggot," "you look like you suck penises," etc.), a very solid case could be made for hate speech. But again, I also don't give 2 shits if they do anything about it or not. "If he dies, he dies," as it were. Though I'm sure he would attempt to hide behind a veil of "it was for the show." But like I also stated, I don't think Troy distinctly hates people for their orientation - he merely very poorly chose his words. Jesus that was long winded and all over the place.
Deletewhat a dog shit company sirius is.... i keep hoping the boys just do their own thing, but they keep reupping their contract.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteMe too, but instead, they keep choosing to play it safe and extend their contracts. (After all, there's no guarantees that they'll make any money doing their own thing.)
DeleteAnd really, who can blame them? If someone tells me that they'll make me a multi-millionaire for spending 20 hours a week talking to celebrities and whatnot, you can bet your ass I'll sign on the dotted line.
yeah, unfortunately i'd take the safe bet too. gotta be young and hungry to do that shit. or if things get much much worse there, maybe they would.
DeleteRe: Anthony Weiner, this is a word for word quote from a Daily News Commenter: "London In NY13 hours ago
ReplyDeleteIN THE RACE FOR MAYOR THERE ARE CANDIDATES & THERE ARE ROLE PLAYERS: George McDonald, the CEO of The Doe Fund is not in the race to win. FACT: George McDonald cannot win. He is running third in the Republican Primary below 10% and will probably, if he is lucky, end up with half of that. McDonald is a SPOILER and a tool of TAMMANY HALL (Bloomberg/Rudin/Quinn). Since he cannot win, will not win, he is in this race as a role player to do the dirty work against Anthony Weiner that the more obvious people don't want to focus on too much (Bloomberg, Wolfson, Quinn et al etc) so it does not appear that Tammany Hall is going after one of the greatest threats to their mixed legacy.
THE REAL OBSCENITY = Societal & Media Elites Lying & Staging Deceptive Political Ops vs those actually championing core middle class values, Anthony Weiner & Bill de Blasio.
George McDonald, CEO of The Doe Fund has been a Beneficiary of Mayor Bloomberg's Philanthropy to the tune of $10-12 million plus; has had his own series of ethical lapses, including legal problems with Campaign Finance Board. He is running for the Republican nomination, is way down in the polls and stands absolutely no chance of winning. George is running for the Republican nomination but spends more time trying to grab headlines smearing Anthony Weiner, a candidate in a different party primary. This begs the question, why is George McDonald more concerned with the opposition in the other party, then the fact that he is third place well below the leaders for the Republican nomination and his candidacy likely going down the drain, if he isn't doing someone a favor? Who do his actions benefit? Who gets to keep clean hands while McDonald and others assault a principal threat to Tammany Hall, holding on to it and the legacy?
Combine this with Bloomberg Deputy Mayor, Howard Wolfson, basically calling Bill de Blasio a communist. Bloomberg Land pays well, so well that you can let go of your soul for a paycheck. "
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteTypo.
DeleteGlad Troy didn't get fired for this. He does a lot of great production for the show.
"Anything you can do with your own voice sucks" - Opie, a guy who talks on the radio.
ReplyDeletetell that to mongolian throat singers
DeleteWoo...Troy is safe, now we can go back to hating him. I actually had the letters "quan" in a CAPTCHA phrase the other day on this board which was clearly a sign. What are the odds of that happening? I bet the Opester could calculate them.
ReplyDeleteGood Rock music vs. Rap music debate. These guys really talk about stuff no other radio show dares to go. Its real talk, its why I like this show.
ReplyDeleteGuys, we have to do something, we can't sit by and let the bridge and tunnel cops oppress Anthony. Sure, he has bragged incessantly about how he flies through there way over the speed limit, beeps the horn even when he hasn't properly assessed the situation, has made contact with the gate before, and has an out of date registration.
ReplyDeleteOutside of the big bad tunnel he has talked about driving drunk regularly (in the past...), driving way over the speed limit every day, tailgating people, harassing those that don't meet his standards, driving on sidewalks when he doesn't feel like waiting, driving down one way streets, losing control and wrecking his expensive car, bragging about getting out of many tickets (because he supports the police...). I'm just afraid his connections and minor celebrity aren't going to get him out of trouble this time.
h8r
DeleteJimmy knows two rappers.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteWas there a show today?
ReplyDelete