2013-08-21-OA-64K Hulkshare
2013-08-21-OA-64K Sharebeast
2013-08-21-JNS-64K Advice Show
2013-08-21-OAJNS-64K Mediafire St
2013-08-21-OAJNS-64K Mediafire Dl
Finally! More Grateful Dead talk! They quickly move onto discuss the Elvis station on the platform. They also take a listen to a few Elvis stories. Dennis Falcone in studio to discuss his personal Elvis story.
Kenny Rogers music break for his birthday. An in depth look at the Las Vegas show 'Menopause the Musical'. Back in 'the Day' Dennis traded radio jingles and we find out that that absolutely no one cares.
Tom Papa in studio today to discuss him moving to California and old toy gun commercials.
They continue with Tom Papa and discuss the Australian student who was killed.
Jim is hosting the advice Show today, here's some advice: Stop with the Elvis radio.
As mentioned on today's show:

Sounds like another day I can skip?
ReplyDeleteI got some legit laughs out of it, but overall pretty forgettable.
DeleteI have nothing against Papa but a day full of music breaks? Can't half tell they don't give a fuck anymore.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Dalex.. highly appreciated even though I'm skipping this one.
Have you listened to the show already?
DeleteNope, read the rundown and saw Dalex describe it in the chat.. an hour of Elvis and an hour on the menopause musical. That combined with Denny means I don't even bother, I just go to YouTube and listen to classic old shows.
DeleteI'm really hoping they don't sign yet another shitty contact in October, seems like they're just riding it out until then. At least I hope that's what they're doing.
I feel sort of the same way. Sirius XM is trying to kill this show. When O&A eventually might leave and when Howard retires, what will they seriously have left to really sell their product. I'm questioning if they're even going to survive if they lose both shows.
DeleteTheir shitty contract is probably more than most of their listeners will make in 20 years and is only shitty compared to Stern's. They want to go back to their days of being paid to be on top, but those days seem to be over for their kind in general. I wonder how hard they fight for things like a video element to the show, a bigger studio, allowing guests to come into the show during contract negotiations, etc. I bet all that is just talk which soon goes out the window when negotiating and the focus is purely on money, not that they won't bitch about those other things they were "promised" right up until the next contract. It would seem a promise is not the same thing is having it in writing.
DeleteI also wonder if they actually fight for their staff. They used to commonly say their staff was underpaid, but it seems like they got a talking to for that and Sam was always afraid to say it. I get the impression that the staff is paid and gets raises outside of O&As contract. How much trouble would it be to get a raise for your small staff of a few thousand dollars each when you are negotiation a multi million dollar contract? Lets see, maybe 5 staff members, give each of them a 5 K raise, that is nothing in terms of what they are paid. I think I heard/read somewhere that when they talk about Stern getting half a billion that is for his entire operation which he uses to pay everyone and that isn't the amount he alone gets paid.
I also get the impression these guys truly do nothing outside the 4 hour work day, although, they are "always on" if you consider the dumb shit they do off the air being brought on the air for discussion. These guys won't even go to screenings for the show or read books (with the exception of Jimmy who is a hard worker). It is their staff that does all the research and show prep for them which enables Opie to play games and Anthony to day trade.
DeleteCompare that to R&F (going to leave that lazy piece of shit Fez out of this one) where Ronny reads all books and sees the movies of the people he interviews. He also has 3 radio shows. Even when he does take a day off he often records content for that day. He is a true American hero whose only known flaw is that his coattails are stained with the shit that is Fez Whatley.
Thanks for your time and dedication Dalex.
ReplyDeleteI actually cant wait till vacation so we get some best ofs.
ReplyDeleteThanks always Dalex
Damn I ran into Troy Quan last night at the club I work at in Vegas. He looked so sad man. Regardless of what some people think he's actually a really good dude and his girl was really sweet too. I feel so bad for him. He was such a nice gracious guy when I hung out with him.
ReplyDeleteWhy haven't the guys spoken more about Troy Quan's girl? I know that Ant gets uncomfortable with serious shit, but come on dude! I'm still annoyed by the way they reacted to Steve C's death.
DeleteShe's a civilian.
DeleteI think they handled Steves death pretty well. Not at first maybe but later they talked about it a lot, played all his bits etc. You can't expect a benefit concert every time someone affiliated with the show dies.
DeleteI know this isn't a popular opinion but this is how the shows are when Sam isn't around ....the shows this week have been disgustingly bad....
ReplyDeleteSam was there today.
DeleteThey are in vacation mode. So tired of Opies 4am drive listening to (insert band that shows his real age here)
DeleteI meant Sam not being there to produce the show..not just coming in from L.A a few hours before the show.
DeleteI think the commute in from the beach house every morning is taking its toll on the Opester. He just needs a vacation or two to get away from it and rejuvenate himself.
DeleteI think we all have been there, it sucks to come off a week of vacation knowing to you to work a full week of 4 hour days before you get another week of vacation. Been there...it sucks.
You're right; I don't see how he does it.
DeleteGuys I'm thinking talking more about the rest of the platform and their music is all part of the deal to save Troys job, I mean think about it before the weekend he was "TOTALLY FIRED" then on that Monday his job is saved and Opie is suddenly a "company guy" listening to all the platforms music?
ReplyDeleteAlso I think they're not talking about Troys gf bc maybe they're respecting the family's wishes that ever cross your mind? Or perhaps waiting for Troy to be able to address it himself before they attempt to touch it so that they aren't hurting him or stepping on his toes.
#quanspiracy
DeleteI have thought extensively about this. I don't think the family wishes are to keep the funeral or their expenses quiet as they have already published a number of details, including the fundraiser and funeral info etc.
DeleteThe family did meet their fundraiser goal however I don't see why OA have not even mentioned this over the air for a little extra cash of which they must be in need.
They practically threw away 2 hours today. I'm not sure why or whats going on. Possibly a filler week to get them to another vacation? or the absence of Sam and Troy may be affecting them?
One thing I learned while they were in Montreal is that behind the scenes, each one of them plays very important role to making the show successful, including Erock.
Usually, I stay away from comments like "the show sucks' or Opie's a fag" but the past two days have been (content wise) possibly the two worst shows I have ever heard, considering the amount of news going on in North America and the especially the world.
Last week, the Cake Stomp video virtually encompassed 90% of all O&A fans with comments, secret attacks, Vloggers getting fucked up and they couldn't even muster up more than 20 minutes on the subject.
They need their production staff to bump up their A game. Or fucking hire me and I will do it.
100+ minutes on Elvis channel? C'mon.
TL;DR - With the amount of stories going on inside the show and outside in the news, why are they wasting time on the Elvis Channel?
Dalex, I couldn't agree more. My guess about why they aren't talking anything about Troy is because I'm guessing they aren't allowed to talk about him until his suspension is over. I think after making a big to do about their win I'm sure those management cunts are stifling what they can talk about after the details of him being suspended for a month. The music shit is horrendous but Jim talking about the colonel made LOL. VACA mode has started and just waiting for the week to end and after next week we might get more quality radio.
Delete"Guys, trash the Elvis channel for 2 hours next week and Troy won't get fired."
DeleteI think not.
I never thought about that, kinda makes sense.. especially also being a few guys down, them using it to tow the company line instead of doing it while everyone is there. That and the show has always sucked when their down some guys.. whooping cough, anyone? That were brutal shows for more reasons then just Ant not being there or Papa being there doing horrendous Travolta impressions.
Deletehow can sam make fun of other peoples collections when he collects wrestling dolls
ReplyDeleteAnd Sam's Mom collects his hair. She has some rare gem mint 10 condition pubes from the time Sam almost hit puberty.
DeleteTom fuck papa again
ReplyDeleteAnyone else think there was some backlash from the cake stomp video?
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI should have known better, but I was still surprised to hear the names of "Trayvon" and "Zimmerman" again.
ReplyDeleteI always listen to o and a. I have to at this point in my life. Its the only thing that gives me a reallaugh anymore. Like a real belly laugh. Nothing else in my shitty life does it for me.
ReplyDeleteUsually see a lot of tom papa hate and I don't get it. He is one of the funniest comics out right now IMO and his last special was great. I find his positive attitude to be pleasant. And unlike some of the comics that are also regulars, he genuinely seems like a happy person. He might not always fucking kill (if ever) in studio but IMO papa being on the show NEVER negatively effects the show. He might not always add much, but he never takes anything away.
ReplyDeletei agree. sometimes there are things about him that i didn't find too pleasant to listen to at first, but he's a fine addition.... not too sour, not too sweet. just another voice, and he doesn't let the show down. there's no awkward silences with him, he can pull his weight. he's not a fez.
DeleteHe's been A LOT better on his last few appearances, but there's a reason so many dread Papa popping up on the show.
DeleteA good example would be the show where they were talking about Grease and its soundtrack, and Papa would not...shut...the...fuck...up trying to copy Ant's Travolta impersonation, or singing a particular line from "Summer Nights". It was pretty close to Pablo Francisco's infamous appearance (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSj_UjiySHg) on the show, and it was goddamn maddening.
I've actually had the same exact thought about comparing him to Pablo "tainted blood" Franciso. Tom seems to get stuck in ruts and keeps doing the same thing over and over.
DeleteAnyone that is friends with Rob Zombie is alright in my book, Sam included (even though they aren't friends he still gains major respect and mass jealousy for his signature and White Zombie logo tattoos). Zombie worked on Papa's new special so that's pretty cool.
DeleteThat said, I'm not a fan of Papa's comedy but that's purely personal taste.
i cant fast forward fast enough when dennis falcone is in studio. opie loves torturing the fans
ReplyDeleteNo, Opie loves 10 O'clock. Dennis is one of the few guys they can get in the building to fill time. I'll take him over the Morning Mashup fuckups.
Delete