2013 August 08 - VOS (P) - Josh Gadd

2013-08-08-OA-64K Sharebeast
2013-08-08-OASS-64K  Mediafire ST
2013-08-08-OASS-64K Mediafire DL


Anthony Wiener stands by his Grandpa comment. The Asian pilot name prank is back in the news. Troy Quan will officially continue to work on the O&A show.  An efficiency expert visits another show down the hall. Sam dresses nice because he has an interview. Erocks assault on the media revisited. Jimmy on Dick Cavett and a replay of the John Lennon episode from 1973.

Audio of Yoko Ono performing and how terrible she is at singing. Rock and Roll Circus. Anthony talks about getting veneers and Rich Vos calls in to give his opinion. A brief update about Bruce Willis on Expendables 3.

Josh Gadd from the book of Mormon in studio. Sam takes a shit on David Lee Roth. 
Dennis Falcone and Jackie take us to 10:00.

Sam Roberts hosts the Shit Show and hopefully gets that job so we don't have to suffer anymore. 


As mentioned on today's show: 


Wal Mart protects their make up from the Juggalos
Anthony gets some work done









25 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howard stern is dogshit. Can't say O&A is much better these days. They need to go the joe rogan route or stop bitching about how shit XM is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O&A have been left behind and may be the last of the big money shock jocks. To their credit, they were actually on top of things before with things like instant feedback, PalTalk, and even moving to satellite, but they didn't evolve in large part because of the "cutting edge" company they work for. They will never transition to something like a podcast network while they are getting that cheddar no matter how bad it gets. Everyone knows they have nowhere else to go, and things have only gotten worse in radio since they left terrestrial.

      I think it was Ronnie B that said O&A should have locked up all the comedians they are associated with early on and put them to work doing something (ex. podcasts, movies). My impressions is that they just bring them in for plugs during the show and they used to get commercials on the channel along with open times on the weekends for sporadic shows all of which Sirius seems to have curtailed greatly. They even fight O&A's attempts to do outside content that is connected with the show like "The Compound".

      Delete
    2. Remember the heady days of the golden ticket when O&A actually thought they were going to be able bring shows to their channel? Even XM didn't follow through on that, and nowadays Sirius won't even pay the shows they have like Davey Mac and Dr. Steve. There is also a laundry list of shows (Patrice) and replays of podcasts (Kevin Smith) that went away because they wouldn't pay anything.

      Delete
    3. ah yes, the golden ticket... that was a hoot.

      it's amazing what could have been.

      Delete
  3. How does Jimmy always manage to look so natural and at ease in his photos?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He takes practice shots with himself posing like that, remember.

      Delete
  4. Was it really necessary to burn so much of today's show replaying Dick Cavett? Even the fucking monologue? I heard . . . it!! I'm going nuts editing the show this morning for my MP3 player.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jesus, now they're playing the Yoko stuff, rock and roll circus . . . again???? And commenting over the track, like it's something they haven't heard umpteen times before? Do they have collective alzheimer's or sometin'?

    ReplyDelete
  6. They get millions from Sirius, why would they leave? Podcasts dont make the kind of money O&A make

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because it isn't about the money MAN... They are self avowed artists.

      Delete
  7. I've been really uninterested in the show for the last month or two... I've been listening heavy for like 8 years but recently it's just too much staff talk and not enough funny. Ron and Fez have been great like always though, so not all is bad I suppose. You can really tell that they don't give a shit anymore, the same way everyone gets tired doing the same job day in and out. There's going to be a change soon... I want Fez to be third mic on OandA and then Jim be 2nd mic on R&F on like Tues and Wed or something. It's just been really stale recently.. it sucks when they can't do anything fun in the studio, that's when Opie is at his best. All the O haters probably didn't listen to the old stunts and funny-ass makeshift contests they would have almost every week.

    I don't even know what I'm talking about right now I'm pretty stoooooooned haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm high on crack and find your post to be well written and full of interesting ideas. If I had one criticism it would be that Fez can't hold down 3rd mic on his on show which means he would have no chance against mediocre talents like Sammy Robs and Troy Quan.

      Delete
    2. They should just have Ron be the third mike on OandA... they have nothing to talk about anymore. Pepper would still be a producer, maybe someone else gets promoted to exec producer, and then get fucking joe rogan/maron/ykwd/east side dave sports in R&F's spot.

      We're basically playing fantasy OandA now though... I shouldn't have done that strikeout.

      Delete
    3. or third mic, whatever works

      Delete
    4. I don't think changing the lineup would affect anything. The guys need to be able to do bits and outside acts, until than it's just three guys getting angry at the news.

      Delete
    5. fez is a great third mic. fez doesn't lock up doing other people's shows or performing in front of a crowd. it's like the dancing frog....

      Delete
    6. Every show with ronnie b ends up being great. As the opster says gutta work when he s there. Fuck fez with his lockin up bullshit.i'd take peppy hamburger over fez any day. The davey mac sports program should get paid.always something on that show that's funny. Just 2hrs on a Saturday isn't enough.don't know about Mon-Fri but more than a Saturday would be nice.give him sam s spot on Sunday to start

      Delete
    7. Fez's greatness only extends to short segments where it is all about him doing his shtick. His value when he does talk is that he will within seconds say something stupid and will have to be corrected by Ron and the listeners.

      I don't think Ron would fit in as a permanent host with those guys as he is too dominant and likes to run things. Can you imagine a Ron interview with Jimmy in there asking needy fanboy questions? My theory is that he just has Fez there as a sidekick who isn't really responsible for much, unfortunately he doesn't come through at all on the air, and he is even bad at all the producing aspects that Ron doesn't like to do like having meetings, handling guests, managing interns, live reads, and so on. Also, he has no production skills and won't even use an instant replay machine.

      As for variety, I mentioned before that they should probably reach out to the podcast scene. All the comedians seem to have podcasts these days and they are all doing each others shows. I realize a lot of this is west coast based, but it seems like they could have more people on than their same NY regulars and even they seem to be on less since they are involved in the podcast scene.

      Delete
  8. Yeah slow show today..I also have been losing interest.the good shows r far and few between these days the four hrs most days can be cut down to an or 2. But I still listen ...a little bit of habit splashd with some bordem. Again thanks dalex and I the gentlemans club.support the movement maaaannnnn

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks Dalex!

    Anyone know who does Erock's job on R&F? I like their taste in music coming back from breaks. always turns me on to shit i wouldn't normally listen to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nagle Rock's choices in music, snacks, and hair dye are not to be commended. I'm not sure anyone has the job title of "dull glutton" on the R&F show as they have a skeleton staff at this point and have shed all but the deadest of weight (Fez Whatley) with Ronnie B doing the all the heavy lifting and Pepper Hicks fucking shit up both old school and new school. He does most of the play lists but listeners also submit them.

      Delete
    2. I think Pips runs the board, but who come up with that day's playlist could be anyone.

      Delete