25 Feb 2013 - Kevin Smith (P)

2013-02-25-OA-64K Hulkshare

2013-02-25-OA-64k Sharebeast
2013-02-25-OASS-64K Mediafire 

A very intense recap of last night's Oscar's. A plethora of performances and terrible jokes. 

Melissa McCarthy and Paul Rudd bomb last night.  Sam brings Lonelyvirgil.net to light to expose his con artist methods to take money from rubes and they also discover Virgil is signing autographs in the subway.  

Opie talks about visiting the dinosaurs in new york and that leads to a debate on how the earth was created. 


Audio from Larry King asking Dana White a very silly question is replayed. Kevin Smith phones in to discuss his new projects. 

Sam Hosts After O&A Live.









37 comments:

  1. Many thanks! Kevin Smith calls in, I guess it is to discuss the Oscars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smith? Fuck. Can't wait to hear 30 minutes of uninterrupted run-on Smithery. ...Am I the only one who doesn't find him entertaining in an interview?

    Seriously, though: Thanks for the upload, as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He used to be my favorite guest but he has really lost his mind in the past few years.

      If he is just going to talk about movies in general, I'm fine with that. But when he starts gushing all over himself and how the dreck he's been putting out the last few years deserves Oscars...uggh.

      Delete
    2. When has he said that? He said Michael Parks should have gotten one for Red State because he murdered the role, not because Smith himself did anything to create that.

      Delete
    3. I still like him, despite his whole flip out on critics after people shit on Cop Out.

      I like listening to him come on and talk about stuff like the Oscars.

      That Spoilers show, though, looks cringey, and Comic Book men, I guess would be better than watching other "reality" shows, but what is interesting about it?

      So, yeah, I don't get the hate for the guy himself. I know ol' Danny didn't seem to like him on the show.

      Delete
    4. Red state did have some great acting but the movie was shit and failed in the box office. Kevin smith didn't feel he the film got enough recognition so he made a documentary on peoples reaction to the movie. Thats self riteous. Nobody gives a fuck. He should just try again with the next movie. Id rather hear tom papa and joe derosa discuss opsters youtube videos than another hour of kevin smith

      Delete
    5. Smith is tolerable and I don't have a problem with him but he's far from being an interesting guest.

      Delete
    6. I didn't like the ending of Red State, especially after hearing what the other ending was going to be,

      Box office? You mean for the movie that he didn't put out conventionally? Where are you getting your box office numbers from?

      Delete
    7. If I went by the listeners' opinion of who's an interesting guest, the O&A show would have 0 guests.

      Delete
    8. imdb nigga. budget $4M. box office $1M. those are VanDamme numbers son! and no one talks about his movies either. Kevin Smith has a ton of good movies, but people don't pay attention to Red State and he gets all pissy eyed.

      MrserialX is right, Smith thinks he is more interesting than he actually is.

      O&A know how to make a shit guest entertaining to the listener by goin in on him/her. Rightfully so, they don't give "friends of the show a hard time". All this forum is saying is that some of the O&A "friends" are becoming a bore, kevin being one of them. I actually bought his book that he was promoting on the show. couldn't get through the first quarter of it though cuz he just fuckin rambles. On a smaller scale, kevin is kind of like george lucas. Tons of success made him never wrong in his mind. Kevin has that going on and no one is correcting the drivvel that he is selling lately.

      Delete
    9. That doesn't figure into the way Smith distributed Red State. For example, did you then go into the breakdown of the box office? Number of screens Red State was shown on: 1. Combined, worldwide, it was still on fewer screens than we expect a name film to be viewed on.

      So let's not act like Red State was promoted heavily, and it was shown on 1,000 screens, then bombed. He took that indie.

      I love this sort of conspiracy you've got going, that O&A are just being nice with friends of the show for some reason (networking, I guess?) other than they actually like them.

      Maybe it could be that you just don't like the guess. A possibility, maybe.

      Delete
    10. well, no. your right in a way. I think O&A do like kevin smith, papa, and derosa personally. thats why they don't rag on them. o&a know that they are sensitive boys and can't take it like voss can. So they just let them be unfunny. They know as we know that Kevin will probably make many more great movies to come so thats why they tolerate his blithering rambling now. I'm just saying that as a listener, these three are a bore. Perhaps they should try some new blood as "regular" guests? I know you YV will defend against everything negative said about a show, so i know you wont understand and say something like, "go listen to another show then..." but just like they don't have other friends on, they need to slow down on the derosa and popa appearences. Hopefully Kevin starts making another comedy soon and has something else to talk about.

      I would love to see Jay Mohr and Jim Jefferies make more of a showing.

      Delete
    11. I don't hear Kevin Smith's appearances as any more rambling than Op, Ant or Jim. Sounds like the same stuff, to me, just in his own opinion.

      I am a fucking goodie gumdrops, ain't I? Why should they try new regular guests? Then Colin Kane comes on, like, twice, and people hated him. They're just damned all around, because there's "[OPIE VOICE] AIIIDS!" for every guest who comes in.

      Is Kevin Smith making many more movies? He's shuffling his feet a bit, but he said he's done making movies after the films he has planned.

      If O&A don't like someone, they fucking fade away, or have them on less frequently. Quite a few people have just not shown back up on the show, and I don't see them (maybe more Anthony than Opie) putting up with guests who bring nothing.

      Delete
    12. I think the thing with Smith is that he used to make really good, interesting movies. When those movies got shit on by the critics, it was cool that he battled back against them.

      But then he hit a creative wall where he has made dud after dud after dud. Yet he still acts like people are out to get him for no reason. He's still fighting the critics and it's like no, the critics are right this time, sorry, but you sound like an asshole.

      I love Kevin as a guest. I can listen to him talk about movies all day. If he does a podcast about Batman I'm there. But I don't want to hear anymore of his pity party until he decides to pull his head out of his ass, put down the joint and try writing an entertaining movie again.

      Delete
  3. your not the only one. he is very full of himself. Another case of loving the Art and not the artist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kevin Smith is a droning bore. You're not the only one who thinks so. He just yap non stop and rarely says anything entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeez, an hour of Oscars talk? Who gives a shit besides McFarlane bombing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy FUCK. KEVIN. SHUT THE FUCK UP. JIM. STOP ASKING HIM FOLLOW-UP QUESTIONS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So they're just supposed to sit there, and twiddle thumbs?

      Delete
    2. You don't know how to skip passed a phone call? Oh yea, that's right.. you just needed to bitch and be heard and that's why you used all caps. Sorry, I forgot.

      Fuck you and your lack of knowledge as to what an 'interview' is.. (questions followed by answers followed by other questions fol....)

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    4. I prefer( and so would most people) that they didn't talk to Kevin at all.

      "bitch and be heard"
      Welcome to the internet, guess it's your first time here. If you think these comment sections are just going to be people ball washing O&A, then you're wrong.

      Delete
    5. Kevin doesn't have to be a void, but he becomes one because he doesn't edit himself well, and the guys don't step in. "Twiddling thumbs," as you put it, is basically what they're doing in this particular segment. Listen to how many times Opie gets cut off when he attempts to respond to something Kevin says. That interview could have and SHOULD have been compressed into a few minutes.

      Delete
    6. He's on the phone. He doesn't know that someone wants to talk unless he can hear them. Also, he's the guest. If you're the guest, you're only going to be there for a certain amount of time, and people (supposedly) want to hear what you have to say.

      Also, I didn't know we were on a frigging clock. The O&A show, which has a running gag of stalling for time when it's a slow news day?

      Now interviews should be edited for time like it's a rough cut of a film?

      Listen, I'm not going to fucking kiss Kevin Smith's ass. He's the type of guy who'll keep talking if you let him. That's why you bring him on the show, though. They don't have to have him on if they don't want to. They booked the dude on purpose.

      Delete
    7. I'm not saying his booking was a mistake. I'm saying he's a shitty interview. End of discussion. AIIIDS.

      Delete
  7. Thanks so much for uploading this shit, mang. I've only been into the show for a while, so I had no idea where to find the show online.

    WOOOOOOOO!

    ReplyDelete
  8. does any have to throw out the HE NEEDED THE MONEY joke every day? at this point I just sigh and shake my head

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you cut out Ant doing callbacks that you have to be a diehard listener to get, all is left is Ant screaming about stuff he hates.

      Delete
  9. The jamie fox rant was awkward sounded like a personal issue that maybe the fans don't know about did you see how quite it got in there???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which part of the rant? It's hard to remember. All I remember thinking is "Oh, here goes Ant again." I forget if it was on this day or the 26, but Ant just segued into some racial shit, and the rest of the show gave him zero, as it deserved.

      Jaime Foxx does deserve to b attack for his cornball shit about "black people are the most talented." I get the rah-rah nature of it, but it's also, ya know, basically racist. So while I'm definitely not waiting for Ant to go off on race shit, I agree that Foxx is a fuckhead.

      Delete
    2. If you don't like ant's racist rants why don't you go and listen to another show then? AIDS! ! Haha YV so its ok for you to complain but not others? I love his rants about race and guns. I dont need an answer just pointing out your hypocrites.

      Delete
    3. You mean hypocrisy? I never said it's not OK for people to complain. All I've said is I don't get certain complaints.

      Delete
    4. Lol vandamme you fucking moron I bet it gave you so much pleasure to use that old and very tired aids bit on me....!!! Lol I never indicated racism in my question at all I was just wondering if they had a personal issue or something maybe he fucked ants wife or job radio related grudge.. van go fuck yourself

      Delete
    5. He was replying to me, hence the "YV" in his comment.

      Delete