2013 December 06 - Erock (P) - Roland (P) - Bill Burr (P) - Dennis Falcone

2013-12-06-OA-64K Sharebeast

2013-12-06-SS-64K Shit Show (AFRO)
2013-12-06-OA-64K Mediafire ST
2013-12-06-OA-64K Mediafire DL



Jim Norton was watching wrestling last night. Jeff Hardy can't wrestle. Erock phoner. Even more on wrestling as Sam boner gets even larger. OP concerned about RORO. Fex did not show up to work yesterday. Adventures in toll plaza's. 

Roland (RORO) is sick with food poisoning. They examined what he ate and pooped. Nelson Mandela is dead. Grand Master Flash. Bill Burr phones in. 

Anthony wants the XBOX1 and sends the intern out to get it. A Washington state woman live tweets a violent crash. Metro North is trying to cover their ass. Obama talks about Nelson Mandela. A caller offers Anthony his XBOX1 to Ant. 

Top ten greatest double albums and Oasis doesn't like them.  School banning Christmas trees and the colors red and green. Dennis Falcone lurches in studio. 

Sam Roberts hosts the Shit Show with Jim and Jack Osbourne. 

As mentioned on today's show: 






33 comments:

  1. So what bothered you about todays show, go!..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They make fun of the intern for having a voice that sounds almost exactly like Sam's shitty voice.

      Delete
    2. Anthony's idiocy where he wants an intern to run impossible errands for him. Who ever heard of a popular product being hard to get at Christmas time (especially a game console that has been hyped and was predicted to sell out and whose pre-orders are even on hold at major retailers). If he wanted one why not try to pre-order or pay a little extra and get one off of ebay. One extra hundred isn't going to affect that multi-millionaire status.

      Delete
  2. Ron needs to pull his coattails out from Fatty Pneumonia and move on. Fifteen years too late is better than never. Of course, that will NEVER happen. I think Ron has transferred his addictions to dealing with Fez and he can't break that cycle.

    I'm listening to the big blowup show, and Ron is coddling this loser from the start of the show and even after Ron gets loud he is still coddling him. During this time Fez is yelling and swearing at callers even when they are being nice to him.

    This will end with them staying together and Fez making a promise to "be back" which will result in a short period of hacky radio as Fez attempts to be a radio host the only way he knows how before falling back into the same pit. I'm actually hoping they take some time off so that Ron can get his head right and that so Fez can kill himself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Listening to the beginning of Thursday's show - Opie saying "Fez tapped out a long time ago"..........and when did you lose your passion for radio Opester you whiny disgrace? How the hell can this guy criticize anyone?

      For the record I would rather eat Fez's ass with a spoon than listen to 5 minutes of what Opie has to say.

      Delete
    2. wishing somebody kills themselves real nice u really are an asshole

      Delete
    3. I don't care if he kills himself with one of the guns he hates, collapses from the failure of his stented up heart eating a cheeseburger, or gets killed on the streets (I just hope it isn't a hate crime or we will never hear the end of it as make a martyr out of him).

      The boys are weak, Anthony mostly keeps quiet but you know he isn't a Fez fan. They go forward one step with pointing out how ridiculous Fez is and then take two steps back as they coddle him and say how much they like him. Fez is the epitome of all they hate in radio, entertain, life, etc.

      It is almost unreal how much he epitomizes bad things to an absurd degree. Oh poor Fez, having a rough time, wants to get everyone in entertainment fired for speaking their mind or even slipping up. Feeling better today, going to do some hack radio with your stale gay character? Feeling strong, want to threaten an intern or employee?

      One of their biggest complains with Stern is the money he gets paid for what little work he does. Fez has been collecting a pretty nice check since day one and hasn't done any work at best and drags his own show and others down at worst. This fact can't be totally unknown to them so they must be letting it slide out of respect to Ron.

      Delete
    4. you make a pretty strong case there. fez might have been good at some point, but since i've been listening once they came to xm he's just been a FUCKING JERK.

      there's no excuse for his bullshit. he's NOT a nice guy. he's NOT someone you should feel sorry for. he's a dick, he has no redeeming qualities. he's either incredibly stupid or he's just that much of an asshole.

      Delete
  3. The afro links never work for my iphone. Is there another source where I can get the shit/advice show?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Shit Show is not compatible with iPhones... or human ears.

      Delete
    2. Register for the site and download the MP4. That should work.

      Delete
    3. You don't even need to register.

      Delete
    4. I've heard of people being not allowed to download unless they show two forms of government ID.

      Delete
    5. Still doesn't work for me, any other place i could get it? Despite the popular opinion I very much enjoy the after show

      Delete
    6. Nearly half of the people who visit my site are iPhone/iOS users, and I have no known issues with them. It sounds like you might have something not configured properly with your device.

      Delete
  4. RN you mention Fez a lot and he is a hot topic at the moment. However, I cannot think that this is all nothing compared to the real issue – which is OPIE. At least Fez wants to show up at work every day. Opie hates his job and his life and hence the listeners, Ant and Jim suffer. The guy is dead inside and on air. Fez has a legitimate mental illness – what is Opie’s excuse? Opie is one abysmal miserable motherfucker.

    I agree that Fez leaving is the best thing for Ronnie B and his show but I do sympathise with Fez. His brain is fucked. Opie on the other hand is such a hateable cunt. I mean just despicable - stifling Jim and Ant, interrupting with nonsense and ruining their fun. A change has occurred for the better on R+F I pray to the Sirius gods that it happens on O&A. Ant and Jim are two of my favourite people on Earth, funny, quick-witted and provide great entertainment on the radio. Can you imagine a Bill Burr type podcast with just Opie? I could not think of anything worse. The guy is joyless. Live from the Compound is funny and I actually think Jim is better off the cuff than he is at stand up. Oh and btw Anthony probably doesn’t give that much of a shit about Fez and if he does he probably just wants him to get his brain right.

    TLDR? Fez > Opie Cunt Hughes. All day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We might just have to come to blows over who is worse. I'm willing to concede that are tied for first and without equal when it comes to being terrible radio hosts.

      Opie doesn't want to show up for work, and that is a good thing. I blame management for not giving him more vacation and making him work partial weeks around the holidays when nobody else is working. Fez on the other hand always shows up to work unless he is involuntarily committed to an insane asylum or having a heart attack. I actually wouldn't mind Fez as much if he just sat there all locked up, it is when he talks that I remember that he exists and is not only bad at radio but worse as a human being. I blame Ron and the listeners for poking the mentally ill hornet's nest that is Fez because they know it will lead to nothing good.

      By the way, Fez's mental illness is 95% laziness. Ron pulled that hayseed out of Florida and gave him a career and a way out of living with his parents for the rest of his life. He doesn't even care about money or radio, he just wants to be there to watch his daddy Ron. It is like "take your man-child to work" day every day on the R&F show.

      Delete
    2. Ok you wanna talk Chatty Mcgillicuddy? Let’s talk. I have been listening to everyday O&A since maybe late 2006. Since the beginning Opie has been hateable to me. I have said it before and I will say it again listening to the show is the weirdest experience ever. It is like taking a bite of your favourite food (when Ant and Jim speak) and then taking a bite of a truck driver’s monster shit (when Opie speaks). Was he ever entertaining or ever have anything of significance to say? I was watching the interview with Letterman the other day – thank god he shut the fuck up.

      When I think of Fez, I think that poor fathead he needs to sort his problems out off air and take a break from radio until he is sane. If that takes years or he never becomes sane then so be it. When I think of Opie I get filled with so much rage it is incredible and unprecedented. He really is the worst person ever. He brings absolutely nothing to the table. He is so jaded and over it. I am telling you that he is more of a hole than Fez and I don’t believe that you can’t see that. I can’t even talk about this anymore it makes me so angry.

      I live in Australia. If I was ever fortunate enough to go to New York and saw Opie walking down the street (holding his camera in a vain attempt to get a viral video – you are 50 years old WTF?) I would walk up to him and tell him off. I kind of equate it to if you had been abused by a teacher at school and then saw them walking down the street 10 years later – of course you would go up to them.

      Again let me make this clear - Opie makes Fez look Winston Churchill and Fez makes Opie look like Albert Fish. I wish the worst life has to offer upon GG Gregory. Fuck Opie. Fuck Opie in his stupid ass. Sincerely Magnolia Fan.

      Delete
    3. My favorite food is truck driver shit, but I think I get your meaning. I never really minded Opie until relatively recently, and I've listened on and off since maybe 2001 (some of the off was their choice, some was mine). He used to be the cringe radio guy who would be a jerk to guests, and that could be used as a jumping off point for some fun moments, but he doesn't even seem to do that anymore. He is just constantly angry at easy targets. I don't know if he changed or maybe I just never noticed the things I notice now. It is strange because he popped out a bunch of kids out of nowhere and then kept talking about how he was going to become a better person, yet he comes on everyday and is just angry about everything calling everyone idiots and saying everything is stupid. When he isn't solely being angry he is trying to put his bad jokes over using the tried and true comedic technique of repetition. It is my opinion that if you are going to be an asshole you need to be funny to make it work.

      I never really brought Fez up until recently when he started crossing over to O&A more due to an increase in his volatility. His mental state is a like a volcano where there is always activity, but you don't know exactly it is going to erupt. It is all silly radio, and it is fun to pick the players apart, but I think Fez is genuinely bad because he is dangerous. Opie doesn't try to get as many people fired, with the exceptions of Stern and intern Shelby. Fez is always trying to get people fired both those in the company and anyone else that says pretty much anything anywhere.

      Opie always talks about wishing he had a time machine so that he could go back in time and punch young Opie in the face. My dream is that if he ever gets that time machine he invites me along for the fun.

      Delete
    4. I'm not entirely sure I'd blame Fez's problems on his brain or that he is at the mercy of something else. If he was pushed to stand on his own two feet, he could.

      As for Opie, if you go back and listen to older shows it would seem he changed for the worse after getting married. He was still full of himself, he had weird verbal crutches and mispronunciations, and he was just as dumb then. However, the nature of the show was more outrageous and as a destroyer he had a place and an outlet. His courtship of his wife probably began or got heavy when they first came on XM. He was making a big stink at the time how he was meditating and trying to become a better person. Him and Jimmy even got into a huge fight, partially because of this change in Opie (Jimmy was 100% correct in that battle).

      I sense that the words coming out of Opie's mouth are not his, but his wife's. His thoughts on religion, politics, philosophy, art.... All his wife. I think the underlying tension you hear when Ant starts even mentioning black people now and Opie just kind of picks at him for being angry (when Ant isn't actually ramping up to one of those moments), that's Opie's wife telling him, "Why don't you stand up to him more?"

      He won't even say cunt anymore. He used to say that all the time. Honestly, they skirted around that word when first coming back to XM, and she may have been behind that one as well. Though that might have made her 12 at the time....

      There's a serious change in his personality, and I don't think it's organic or entirely appreciated by him. He may think it's all well and good, but I have doubts. I think his impotency at home and at work gets to him. I wouldn't blame him for that one, but he should recognize it in himself.

      Delete
    5. Some of the most memorable bits of the history show are from Opie. Do you think Anthony and Jim would have on so many guests? Jim would only have on guests he worships and would grovel at their feet as he does now. If they did have a bad guest do you think they would go after them? Jim would be carrying the interview and it would be hard for him to go into character or slip away to make a phone call in that role. They also tend to avoid those really awkward moments.

      Some people may not like the cringe style of radio, and that leaves Opie in a bad position with them. The show seems to have moved past that type of radio for whatever reason, and it may be that having an actual booker that always acts like the sky is falling plays a part in that. Opie doesn't even appear up for it anyway as he is just a low level dick at all times and doesn't come through at the right time. The only cringe moments now are when Jimmy feels slighted and passive-aggressively goes after guests like Paris Hilton or Tom Sizemore. That is less fun than sad.

      Delete
    6. Yeah. The wife and kids changed Opie for the worse, pussifying in the process. That's been something I've believed for a long time now and why I'm glad Ant and Jimmy haven't had kids or gotten married.

      Delete
  5. I agree with you. I go from loving to hating Opie on the daily. He's such a hateable guy. :(

    Many days it's just so hard to listen to. Fast forward has become common courtesy to my brain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never fast forward. You never know when a nugget will be dropped. I actually thrive on Opie's awfulness.

      Delete
  6. @00:39:09
    ENOUGH ABOUT THE PARTY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ca-ca-ca-cumia, an uncontrollable, ray-ay-ay-cist.
    Negros invading your home, while you're drinking all alone, whoaaaa ah ah

    I like that Jewlia song, at the very least it is better than watching a drunken Anthony doing Neil Diamond karaoke. If Kanye sampled that song Sam would be all over intern Noah's nuts.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUslnRQ5pPo&feature=youtu.be

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been listening since day one on WNEW. Somewhere along the way I have grown to hate everyone except Jimmy. So why the fuck do I keep listening?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Reading the comments here.......why do any if you listen? I have been listening since they came over to xm. O and a are the best show on radio hands down....with Ron and fez a close second. Wanna hear what's out there? Howard sucks balls, covino and rich are deplorable, jay Thomas is no good. For opies faults, he was the guy who found Anthony, got jimmy aboard, and brought Ron and fez to xm.....if nothing else, he is a good judge of talent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because we do. Opie and Anthony are the worst show on radio, except for all the others.

      Opie is a great judge of talent, that is why it tears him apart inside knowing Stern got a gig on a talent show.

      Delete
  10. "Fuck Ron Bennington" - Jim Norton

    I just heard his absolute horse-shit announcement from R&F. To be honest, anything less than a gunshot on the air would have disappointed me, but this was just a complete deflection of the real issue. He says they are leaving the O&A channel and goes on and on about them as if they were in any way related to his problems. I'm sure Fez version 182373.0 will be just boffo. You deserve what you get Ron.

    ReplyDelete