25 Jan 2013 - Vanilla Ice

RIP: SPREADTHEO&AVIRUS 

'Weatherman Jimmy' in San Fransisco



Opie rants on scumbag lawyers from Sirius/XM going after YouTube users. Smart phone discussion and Ashton Kutcher's portrayal of Steve Jobs in his new movie. Good old Scortch and PFGTV is brought up and they review his new show, and it stinks.

Opie throws out a $25,000 challenge to any woman who has banged Mantie Tao.  Jim Chandler digs up some very old photo's of Opies past.

Vanilla Ice joins in studio.

Special thanks to ONAsternclips for the link to Scortchs show 

 

42 comments:

  1. off topic i know but... anyone know how many listeners O&A have these days on a daily basis? I live in Chicago and don't know anyone that listens to them. Let alone heard of them. But in my mind their huge. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm from Australia and I'm guaranteeing you, O&A are blowing up.. Sirium/XM are REALLY holding them back. Wiping their asses with a new contract and doing a podcast to escape the fun crushing lawyers would've been a much better option (IMO).. but what's signed is signed.

      Delete
    2. I'm from Australia as well and I only got on to the show by youtube searching Louis CK and stumbling across O&A. At least I ripped alot of the old stuff and worst ofs from spreadtheonavirus

      Delete
    3. Chicago here. I know a couple other people that listen. Not many.

      Delete
    4. It's probably less than 50k. I'd be surprised if it were 100k

      Joe Rogan has 5x the number of regular listeners on his podcast.

      Delete
    5. How would Opie get 150000 followers on twitter then?

      Delete
    6. Maybe their mostly fans of trick basketball shots :/

      Delete
    7. Hahah @ VanDamme. I know that fucking trick shot video has got me an easy 15 times.

      Delete
  2. what i've heard so far on my own recording:

    the opster talks about the youtube situation, apple, scorch

    hey joliet here. i think i recalling hearing several years ago that o&a had about 600,000 daily listeners.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. here's scorch's worldwide millions of viewers show

      www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsY1JLIVU6A

      Delete
    2. hey dude do you post recordings? Thanks again for the link

      Delete
  3. Reason why we're Jimless today.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40KzqRr1Dw4

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was absolutely fucking hilarious. New character: Weatherman Jim?

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the vid, Sergio. I love how uncomfortable these media chicks get. "Happy endings" and they blush like school girls.. hah!

      Delete
    3. haven't watched the clip yet but definately will. the news girl is quite the literal lisa with jimmy on twitter https://twitter.com/shallyFOX5

      Delete
  4. Does anyone know of an archive where I can get full PFGTV episodes in chronological order?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. really? why? haha but yeah, I think you can find it under the user name on the YouTube link.

      Delete
  5. I fucking hope they don't go after this website next. Lawyers deserve the shit reputation they have. No wonder the employment prospects for them aren't looking so good, according to NPR.

    Keep up the great work. I signed up for Sirius just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look's like Ted's is down too, i dont see any O&A or R&F stuff anymore. Damn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. if this were my blogspot, i might take down all the community links so i don't make it easier for the lawyers to find all the honey holes.

    i'd also encourage my visitors to keep their mouths shut about this spot. no mentions or links go up anywhere. just some thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The fact that they're going around taking down youtube clips while Anthony has run an illegal paltalk feed for fucking years proves how retarded those cunts in charge over there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. Sirius XM is run by so many incompetent cocksuckers. I'm still surprised that O&A never went down the podcast route.

      Tom Leykis invested about a million dollars of his own money into creating a completely online radio show on the Internet, creating his own company and it's worked out quite well for him. Unlike a podcast, you can actually hear the show live and everything at a specific time and then if you have a Premium Tom account, you can access the archives of every show he's done since April of 2012 when he came back.

      Delete
    2. How much money does a podcast make?

      Delete
    3. I have no clue, but basically Tom's show is free if you listen live and they replay the show for 24 hours. Premium Tom is $9.99 a month or $99.99 a year, which is cheaper than Sirius XM itself!

      Delete
    4. Despite Opie's bragging that he could have a successful podcast tomorrow, the fact that they resigned with Sirius shows that was kind of bullshit. Opie has two kids and anthony spends like a drunken sailor. Podcasts don't bring in the millions, or the guests, least not at first.

      Delete
    5. I agree, but they would have a fuckload of more fun doing their show that way. If they really gave a shit about the fans, they would have really taken that into far more consideration. It wouldn't be easy, but the long term benefits and creative freedom are worth it IMO. No CEOs, lawyers or shitty channel managers breathing over their necks about every single damn bit they try to do in studio and it would serve as a huge FU statement to Wall Street.

      I can think of other shows that do their shows similarly to what I've described above, except they're still syndicated on regular radio. A lot of the conservative talk show hosts do this, but I'm assuming there are progressive or liberal talk shows that offer a similar business model.

      Delete
    6. I also believe that despite how much wealth the boys have that they could learn to be a lot more frugal with their finances and spending it on as much stuff as possible to keep their expenses down. It would be as several people have been describing it as "the new normal," seeing as how shitty the economy still is and everything. In order to do that kind of Internet show, they would also need to keep their staff costs down as much as possible until they could break even. Then they could figure out something and go from there.

      Delete
    7. Correction: Spending it on as much cost lowering stuff as possible....

      Delete
    8. Their show could never be on regular radio, that's the whole point of why they went to satellite. Also you don't realise what a massive downgrade podcasting is. All the comedians do it on the side of their stand up gigs, aside from carola who does stand up on the side. They also don't even pay Sam/Troy/Roland/Travis now, so now they're digging into their own cash to keep some talent around. This isn't evening including the fact that they'd have to do 5 shows a week to satisfy us ie the fanbase who would not tolerate a weekly show, then after all that, they are competing with all their friends.

      In the end they made the right choice. they may bitch about management, but it's all a show. It becomes a segment "Opie rants on scumbag lawyers..." and eats up 15 minutes.

      But forget all that, "could learn to be a lot more frugal"... Tell that to Anthony's $20,000 drone that we never hear about anymore.

      Delete
    9. Haha! I'm sure. I still think the call in show format could work if it was done completely on the Internet and you could hear the show through several apps and stuff like that.

      Delete
  9. RIP opieanthonyarchive and Yarsh29. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. can you link to opieanthonyarchive? I'm not familiar with them

      Delete
    2. Sure thing dude.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cqwa-0GiIYM

      http://www.youtube.com/user/opieanthonyarchive?feature=watch

      Delete
  10. I hate to say it, but the mention of the name of this blog should be removed from the previous blog if at all possible.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I sure hope this site doesn't get taken down.

    + anyone know where East Side Dave's saturday night show is posted nowadays?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Posted. Dave's show is awesome, but the traffic isnt there yet. But since you special requested, it's up.

      Delete
  12. everyone can go here if you need OandA or RandF
    IRC Chat join #opieanthony
    download it here http://www.mirc.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Update IRC Chat for #opieanthony room is located on DALnet (the original home) no software to download http://www.dal.net/news/shownews.php?id=124

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cheers for all the ups. Your efforts really help those of us overseas. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  15. hurry the fuck up you lazy piece of shit

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gotta say...Whoo Kid makes me want to comment on this thread that I don't like him.

    ReplyDelete